Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • What forks for enduro sl ?
  • peasant
    Free Member

Just ordered enduro sl frame (2008)and not sure if i should fit 32 or 36 stanchions, intend building less than 30lbs

psychle
    Free Member

may I suggest the ones that were designed for it? ie. the E150…? What size is your frame?

bol

Depends what you plan to do with it, but I’d go for maxle Revelations for a lighter build – unless someone had a great set of immaculate and Specilaized-replaced E150s to sell you?

peasant
    Free Member

Frame size is xl ,was thinking of fitting single crown maybe talas/float 150 ?second hand of course

AGray
    Free Member

I have an enduro SL Comp 2009 myself and i’ve had Fox 32 Floats on it and I am now running Talas 36’s.
    It totally depends on your style of riding – what are you going to be doing?
    I have “beefed” mine up so I am able to ride the DH tracks that are to offer around here & in Morzine but still keeping the ability to climb hills when needed.
    If your not going to be riding this kind of thing I wouldnt go for 36’s, it is just extra weight and the bike will be a lot more fun to throw around and ride with the 32’s

What rear shock are you going to go for?

psychle
    Free Member

ah well, I have a set of E150’s to be rid of (no longer have my Enduro!) but they’re off a medium frame and I think an XL would need the longer stanchions… can highly recommend sourcing one though, bloody good fork and very well supported by Specialized…

psychle
    Free Member

Look at the BOS Deville perhaps? £750 is good value for this fork…

Konastoner
    Free Member

Lyriks get my vote.

Short stem, wide bars and an Fox RP instead of the AFR and it’s sorted. This comes in at around 32lbs.

peasant
    Free Member

A GRAY the bike will be coming with rp23 (not boost)and i don,t do a lot of down hill ,only brought to replace my 05 sworks stumpy which is to small for me ,also reviews are positive

AGray
    Free Member

Sounds great!
    I’d go for Fox 32 Floats 🙂

I’m looking to upgrade my rear shock on my enduro just now but cant decide between the RP23 boost or the DHX Air 5.0

Bregante

Lyriks for me. Mine’s an 08 and came with the E150. I definitely would recommend trying to source one as it’s a really great, stiff fork and light too. I’ve beefed mine up with a coil u-turn Lyrik and coil shock for uplift days etc, although it does still pedal pretty well too. If you’re set on a single crown fork then I would say it entirely depends on how hard you plan to ride it and whether you think you’d benefit from the stiffer/heavier fork. I tried an 09 demo with the 150 travel fox forks and personally thought they were quite flexy, (certainly by comparison with the E150) but I am a fairly heavy rider (15st plus kitted up)

I really do need to get some better pics 😕

Whatever you do, you’re going to love it. Very under-rated bike IMO

peasant
    Free Member

Thanks for all your advise ,much to think about ,being extra large i will have to wait for 2nd hand forks to come along with long steerers .

AGray
    Free Member

Here is a pic of my 09:

Swaying towards getting the DHX Air 5.0 shock…

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve got set of 32 floats on mine and hate them. I keep looking around for a nice set of lyriks when i have the cash

SCSuperlight
    Free Member

Rock Shox – Totems…Just Brilliant…

peasant
    Free Member

Trickydisco why do you hate them?

catnash
    Free Member

Have had 3 enduro SL’s. That e150 was a superb fork and I have had Vanilla3’s6 and talas36’s. Even though I now have have a 32 11 TALAS the enduro SL deserves firstly a e150 it was designed for.
    If I was speccing a fork I’d go 36. After the mare I am having with my 11 S-Works SJ beginning to wish I hadnt sold my 08 S-Works Enduro

trickydisco
    Free Member

In the alps last year they just felt crap. My arms were giving me a battering.

I’ve had them serviced and still not happy with them. Have tried mates coil forks and they feel amazing in comparison.

Tracey

We have 3 Enduros and have had a combinaion of Fox, Rockshox and Manitou. You wont go wrong with Lyriks or 150 Revelations

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘What forks for enduro sl ?’ is closed to new replies.