Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • what fork
  • jedi

i am getting a 2012 bottlerocket frame so i can use a reverb post and will have to get a tapered fork as my lyriks are 1.5″

so what 160mm fork?
    my head says lyriks again, my heart says marz ti 55
    fox?
    bos?

whay else should i consider?

cheers peeps 🙂

flow
    Free Member

I had Float R 36’s on my last Five and they were bloody good, no problems whatsoever.

matthew_h
    Free Member

I was going to suggest that you could swap the CSU on your current forks rather than buying a whole new pair but having seen the retail price of the CSU I wouldn’t bother unless you know someone with a Fishers trade account.

As for new forks, I’d be happy with either Lyriks, 55s or BOS in that order but wouldn’t have Fox due to their poor longevity.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jedi

i got burned by fox years ago and they are bottom of my list unless a miracle happens.
    i have been happy with the lyrik but hanker after 55s arrgghhhhh

dont know enough or havent seen enough bos forks to warrant me buying a set

bigthunder
    Free Member

Bos are supposed to be excelllant. Open bath design making them super smooth and sensitive. Bit pricey though!

mojo5pro
    Free Member

My 55 RC3 Ti’s arrived today. Not fitted yet, but did a lot of review research before buying (from actual users on forums and not just magazine reviews).
    Pretty much eveyone rated them as good as, and in most cases better than, lyriks and fox 36’s.
    The stand out characteristics seemed to be:
    -extremely smooth and plush..very good front grip and tracking.
    -very little brake dive
    -ramps up towards end of stroke on big hits
    and of course open bath, fit and forget…oh and no anodising to wear off!

z1ppy
    jedi

god knows

sunnrider
    Free Member

If I had the cash I think the 2012 Bos Deville would be spot on.

btw, I´m running 1.5 lyriks on my 1.1/8 frame with a Nukeproof headset.
    For a tapered tube just use:
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=55508

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

I’m having the same dilema. Killed a set of Lyrik stanchions and now can’t decide what to get between Ti RC3’s and Lyriks. I think buying new full price is whats killing me. I’d like to try the 55’s but I can see me being able to get 2012 Lyriks cheaper and I’ve always been more than happy with them. So now I’m waiting for CRC to get stock in or to find them as cheap elsewhere or for one of my mates that work at a variety of shops to tell me that they have some OEM ones off a new bike that someone wanted to swap. Luckily I’ve borrowed some while I faff…

Blower
    Free Member

Fookin hate Fox,too much faff n hassle-overpriced and even them silly new stanctions that are more exspensive than gold will be shite i bet 😀

Lyriks mint!

New Mazz are Sh!t hot by the sounds of it from people who i ride with who have em,and they feel plush as ****!

LoCo
    Free Member

Lyrik s again, a replacment csu will be really exspensive so get a new set, mail me if you need any help laying your hands on some 😉

Edit: maybe some BOS too

blurltrider
    Free Member

BOS Devilles are just brilliant

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

Sense of adventure left me and I bought Lyriks again.

jedi

hmmmmmm im leaning to marz

mojo5pro
    Free Member

Fitted and been out on my new 55’s this weekend…well impressed! The squelchy goodness of open bath 😀

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘what fork’ is closed to new replies.