Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What Flat Pedal Shoes?
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Shimano? 5.10? These new Sombrios? Or Tevas? Will be used in all weathers so want something with at least some water resistance – at the moment the Tevas are high on the list…

Anything else?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Tevas. They get wet but they don’t get as heavy and dry out quickly. They also look quite good and grip as well as the Shimanos (I can make a direct comparison after trying both)

wors

i prefer approach shoe type for all weather use.

ratadog

I have just started using a pair of the Teva links. Not got them too muddy yet, but they are very comfortable. As above, if its very wet I tend to use a pair of goretex walking boots/shoes.

thered

I use 5:10 spitfire’s and have been really pleased with them, although I haven’t tried them in the wet yet!!!!

Northwind

Just decided to give Five Ten another crack and order a set of freeriders, which I’m going to attack with waterproofing stuff as soon as they arrive. No idea if this’ll work or not but worth a try I reckon.

My old set were exactly as awful as everyone says with regards to bad weather- soaked up tons of water, took ages to dry out, and fell apart after a winter seemingly because of the wet (and, IMO, pretty bargain-basement build quality). But they were good shoes in most other ways.

I was a big fan of the Shimano AM40- some water protection, and a great shoe otherwise… But not sure I like the new version, it lacks the tunable stiffness sole of the AM40 and feels a bit clumpy and short on feel by comparison. Also, of course, looks like hell 😉

aracer
    Free Member

I have AM41s. Was impressed at how well they shrugged off slushy snow when I went out in that recently.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Vans Gravel. Peeling a bit on the side from crank rub, but grip and comfort are excellent.

daleftw
    Free Member

Nike 6.0s

jedi

canvas nike 6.0 for me. i wear sealskinz so my feet stay dry and the shoes dry out in the airing cupboard easily

LenBuch
    Free Member

Five Ten Chase Freerunning Shoes 2012 – got there at CRC last week – first long rides at the weekend – faultless!
    Previously had Five Ten Impacts and Shimano clowns shoes and the Chase were every bit as good – but without the bulk! Awesome!

onereallynicespeed
    Free Member

ive got shimano am41s.had the previous incarnations and the 41s are fab.good in filth cause the laces stay covered.also very comfy if a bit bulky but feel protected.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What Flat Pedal Shoes?’ is closed to new replies.