Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • what do you 'think' about when riding?
  • easygroove
    Free Member

on my roadie, my mind wanders all over the place, work, family, stuff i need to do etc, on the mountain bike its a bit more focused on whats in front of me

how about you?

stevomcd
    Free Member

NeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwWoooooooshohfuckohfuckohfuckWOO
    HOObumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumppingpingpingboshboshNeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwEtc. :mrgreen:

beinbhan

I ‘wrote’ my daughters wedding speech while I was out on the road bike

flap_jack
    Free Member
    donsimon
    Free Member

Anything and everything but not deeply, it’s the only time that I can switch off and relax.

Stu_N

Anything and everything on road bike. What I’m going to have for dinner, how much my legs hurt, “oh look at the pretty clouds”. Quite often solve work problems as well (I do quite a technical/ problem solving kind of job so good to have a bit of reflection time – though idea of the year so far came to me when gardening!).

Mountain bike tends to be a bit more focussed on the job in hand.

Dancake
    Free Member

NeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwWoooooooshohfuckohfuckohfuckWOO
    HOObumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumppingpingpingboshboshNeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwE

this

plus idiotidiotidiotidiotidiotidiotyouknowyoucandothisaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggg

RealMan
    Free Member

We’ve had this question before I think, and someone had a great answer, something along the lines of picturing themselves as the rider in the closing scene of seasons or something, with the helicopter filming them from behind the trees, and the music playing.

emsz
    Free Member

I’m in the same place as Dan and Steve 8)

Out loud mostly as well.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MA5Pjw_cZn0[/video]

HermanShake
    Free Member

Everything and nothing all at once. I find it very therapeutic, usually something bothering me pre-ride has been mellowed out in my head. Or I figure out what to do about it.

And yes; Dan, Steve and Neil’s descriptions 😆

beckykirk43
    Free Member

Tends to switch between – “bloody hell that was hard work”, “ok, i really ought to go faster”, “that’s better” every so often but mainly just think about general happenings – I plan things out, and try and sort out various problems in my head – feel much better afterwards 😛

yunki
    Free Member

something along the lines of picturing themselves as the rider in the closing scene of seasons or something,

aaaaah HAH! that’s what I’m doing wrong..

I keep picturing myself as a fat awkward idiot in imminent danger of having a mechanical and/or a siezure, trying to re-live his youth by wobbling clumsily around the woods on a knackered old bike.. 😯

Junkyard
    Free Member

Road – rhythm, breathing, cadence and shut up legs – clears my mid
    MTB- Dont fall off mainly or lovely view oh and dont try to keep up with DONK it wont end well.

Road is much better for clearing you mind type rides IMHO

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

roiding

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Nothing, punctuated by “owww” and “sheeeeeet!”

speed12
    Free Member

I seem to always get some bloody awful song stuck in my head and can’t think about much else other than “why am I singin this?”. I remember one ride when it was Auld Lang Syne. Why?!?…….

tazzymtb

I’m a simple creature my brain whilst riding usually comes up with all sorts of deep thoughts like:

“can elephants jump?”

“do sheep run down hill so fast they giddy and start giggling, like wot I do”

“goddamnit where did that grey hair come from”

“ooooo they’ve got a nice bottom, i’ll follow that for a while”

“aha a gearie/roadie/ss, must smash them into oblivion with my awesome gnarcoreradsic skills and then boast about it on Singletrak” *

*last one may not actually be true for me but seems a common theme on here for some 😆

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Everything and nothing all at once. I find it very therapeutic, usually something bothering me pre-ride has been mellowed out in my head. Or I figure out what to do about it.

Totally this. And seasonal adjustments – wow, look at those shrooms, fly agarics! Oooh! Ceps?! Ah, birch boletus. Or, uhh, where’s that rocky bit? Can’t see under all that snow etc.

Never really imagined myself in someone else’s vision of how things should look… sounds weird.

RealMan
    Free Member

aaaaah HAH! that’s what I’m doing wrong..

I keep picturing myself as a fat awkward idiot in imminent danger of having a mechanical and/or a siezure, trying to re-live his youth by wobbling clumsily around the woods on a knackered old bike..

You think of yourself as an optimist then..? 😉

fieldy
    Free Member

Usually…..I’m too old for this sh*t!
    Also when on a long climb I tend to look at my front wheel and by some kind of miracle it tricks my mind to thinking I’m riding on flat land???

philconsequence
    Free Member

nothing apart from how to flow through whats ahead of me. sometimes i get a tune stuck in my head, sometimes i sing ‘i love bicycles’ to myself in the same fashion as:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-4soXL8Rus&feature=related[/video]

project
    Free Member

I usually think, about, why cetain cars have dodgy drivers, who always do the same poor things,

Why would anyone want to be a bus driver,

When i was younger , i stormed this hill, now getting older, why has the hill grown in height,

Will TJ, ever be wrong on something, lol,

How much longer must we all be in it together with Mr camerooooooon.

Finally who dreams up these questions………..

derekrides
    Free Member

I think why would anyone ride on the road when there are views and smells like this..

LadyGresley
    Free Member

On the road, I just daydream (and no, I ain’t telling you what about 😳 )
    Off road, it goes something like – “noooo, I can’t ride this – aw, f***, I just did” or , more often, “nooo, I can’t ride this, I think I’ll walk down!”

Rorschach
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7-61FEHhAA[/video]

tazzymtb

all hill climbing is done to this song in my head, sometimes it escapes and I sing it out loud which makes the walkers look at me very strangely
    😳

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ[/video]

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Usually some kind of post ride cake 😉

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

how much i hate the world and most of its contents, i get mad i ride faster 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

Big tits

Tenuous
    Free Member

“Must keep up with PaulD. Must keep up with PaulD. Must keep up with PaulD. Must keep up with PaulD. Must keep up with PaulD. Must keep up with PaulD. Must keep up with PaulD. Must keep up with PaulD. Must keep up with PaulD.”

tazzymtb

just for you loddrik

Sawyer
    Free Member

Usually how much pain I’m in.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have both my best and silliest ideas on the bike. And some real sh1tty tunes usually, as well!.

Klunk
    Free Member

whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure whens my next tubeless failure

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

HOObumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumppingpingpingboshboshNeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww

couldn’t have put it better!

tazzymtb

bullheart
    Free Member

Honestly? All I think about is smashing the shit out of cancer.

All the time I’m riding.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Nothing. Live in the moment, empty your mind. Its like meditation for me and as soon as I start to think of other things I loose the “flow”

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘what do you 'think' about when riding?’ is closed to new replies.