Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What do you realy mean?
  • andy7t2
    Free Member

just thinking about how people sell stuff in the classified and the real meaning of their comments. So when you read or write on the classified what does the seller realy mean

for starters
    nicely ridden in = bought a bit of a niche product ridden it a few time, bored now moving onto my next fad

bonus points for spotting the original post

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Ridden with just long enough to decide the product is total shite and I need to be rid of ASAP?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I never rode the frame to it’s full potential…

Meaning, I’ve thrashed this to within an inch of it’s useful life.

peterfile
    Free Member

“finished building this up……….selling because i just fancy something different/a change”

=

“spent loads of money and time building this and it rides like a pile of sh1t 😥 ”

Dobbo

Nicley ridden in.

Not hard to get the bonus points with search 8)

Where’s my prize?

binners

One careful lady owner – I’ve just bought it off Hora

neallyman
    Free Member

”This bike is amazing, only selling because…”
    Aka I think there are better out there but that’s not to say some other stupid punter won’t buy mine so i can buy something newer/better 😀

”Commencal…ex-atherton bike”
    AKA I’ll just say it’s an ex-atherton bike in the hope that somebody buys it solely for that very reason. When in fact it’s probably not and I’ve no way of actually proving it was ever owned by an Atherton. The buyer will never know anyway.

peterfile
    Free Member

ahahaha yeah, pinkbike is awesome for that. It would appear that the Athertons bless every Commencal coming out of the factory.

Cougar

The one I never understood was “genuine reason for sale.” As opposed to what, exactly?

Cougar

ex-atherton bike

I nicked it out of a shed in Atherton.

donsimon
    Free Member

One careful lady owner – I’ve just bought it off Hora

😆

clubber
    Free Member

nicely ridden in = bought a bit of a niche product ridden it a few time, bored now moving onto my next fad

To be fair in the case of a hub gear as it was, at least some do get ridden in…

meehaja
    Free Member

“just ridden for a few miles along the canal” before the owner was pushed off and the bike was stolen

crazy-legs

The one I never understood was “genuine reason for sale.” As opposed to what, exactly?

+1
    “I’ve just nicked this bike and need the money to buy drugs” is a genuine reason for selling…

😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

I was going to defend mr nicely ridden in, but they only inhabit the classifieds, so flame away!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Sold my old 130mm Revs on here on Monday. Told the truth and backed it up with photos. Must be why they went in about an hour and a half.

andy7t2
    Free Member

you see this put me off, if there is anybody who’s gonna rag a bike to within an inch of it’s life it’s gonna be an atherton

i’d rather buy a bike off miss daisy

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What do you realy mean?’ is closed to new replies.