Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What Carbon post?
  • snotrag

I'm building up a light 'race' type bike, mostly 2nd hand and garage find bits, but one thing I've promised myself (with it being a notoriously stiff frame) is a Carbon Post.

what do you reccomend? I'm not too fussed about ultra lightweight/strength/price, but I know Raceface do some more affordable options – any others?

Perfectly accepting of 'brand-X' taiwanese special products too, if you have any suggestions.

druidh
    Free Member

Have a look to see if Superstar are still doing them. I have one (as have a few others hereabouts) and they seem to be fine.

There's also the "Exotic" brand if you dig around on ebay.

trail_rat
    Free Member

what ever you do si i highly recomend you get a 27.2 and shim it as it will offer you more comfort than a 31.9 or 30.9 on a giant frame

FWIW i the build i found very stiff had a raceface next SL carbon pin in (unshimmed)

snotrag

I was going to ask that – the frame actually came with a 27.2 shim interstingly, perhaps thats what they are hinting at.

Its nice and long too so i guess should be ok for a carbon post. Its not going to be up and down much either like my other bike.

snotrag

Oh and it would also be nice is said company also made a matching bar and stem too…

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I got an FSA carbon post from On-One/Planet X for £20 plus postage in 27.2 and it's cracking. That needed a shim from 30.9 as it went in my Wife's Rockhopper and it seems fine (no creaks). It also came with non-slip paste too.

snotrag

You absolute legend never thought to look there. Bought!

RealMan
    Free Member

ritchey wcs?

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

My pleasure. I'm thinking of buying one and just leaving it in the garage for a rainy day as they're so cheap.

JxL
    Free Member

FSA post for £20 here. very comfy, wil be buying one for the 2nd bike.

Wharfedale
    Free Member

How do you guys with the FSA's find flex? I use mine on the minimum insertion mark and find it flexes maybe 1-2 cm. Works great at smoothing out rough track tho.

tragically1969
    Free Member

I use mine on the minimum insertion mark and find it flexes maybe 1-2 cm.

❓ 😯

trail_rat
    Free Member

thats the idea of a carbon post …..

meridas new frame the 0.nine has 25mm of movement between the axel and the seat using a 27.2 layback carbon seat pin they supply.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What Carbon post?’ is closed to new replies.