Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What bar tape?
  • daleftw
    Free Member

Wanting to change the bar tape on my bike, what’s good at the minute?

Was thinking of getting Fizik Microtex, this any good?

Lad in the LBS was selling the Lizard Skins DSP bar tape to me, but at nigh on £30 it seems expensive.

ourmaninthenorth

Cinelli cork every time for me. Soft under the hand. Grippy enough without gloves (and deffo with). Lots of garish colours. Cheap.

organic355
    Free Member

I just fitted the sram supercork stuff, relatively cheap, looks good, and comes with nice plugs.

Haze

Microtex is pretty unoffensive.

Cleans up well in white.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Was thinking of getting Fizik Microtex, this any good?

Yeh it is very good. Quite thin though so don’t stretch it too much when fitting it.

The DSP stuff seems to be flavour of the month at the momnet.

I like this stuff – Stella Azzurra Eleganza.

andytherocketeer

Was gonna get the Lizard Skins DSP, but saw the €€€ and got Fizik Microtex instead. Seems pretty good and grippy to me, but I’ve not yet tried it in the wet. Will buy the same again next time, but I don’t expect that to be for a while yet.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Its fine in the wet.

daleftw
    Free Member

So the Lizard Skins DSP isn’t really worth it over the Fizik?

damitamit
    Free Member

Deda for me

Gary_M
    Free Member

Dunno I’ve not used the DSP stuff, might try it for a change next time though as it does get very good reviews.

The fizik stuff just gets on doing what its supposed to do though.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Fizik feels nice, however Cinelli Jelly lets you do this:

They are indeed Tunnock’s teacake wrappers, thankfully the tape feels good too 😀

It’s quite grippy, I think it’s polyurethane based on the feel. Not too thick either (I don’t like chunky bars despite my generous hand size). I’ve gone off ‘normal’ cork ribbon, Microtex and Jelly feel more comfy.

Oh, forgot to add: Microtex absorbs a fair bit of water which isn’t good for long wet rides. As you can imagine Jelly does not.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I like the Easton stuff. Got it on both my road bikes and never had a drama with it.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What bar tape?’ is closed to new replies.