Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What adaptor for post mount forks
  • GEDA
    Free Member

Just got myself on of these Marzocchi 55 RC3 2010.

I have 180mm hope floating rotors with SLX disk brakes and wondered what adaptor I should get. The fork spec says it has
    – 6” Post Mount (Max Disc 8”)

does that mean I need a 150mm to 180mm post to post adaptor? I could not find one.

Anyway will this 180 post to post adaptor or this do the trick Another PM to 180 adaptor? Could not see any shimano ones on CRC. Will search a bit more just wanted to make sure I was getting the right bit.

Cheers

seanodav
    Free Member

Yes the 180 post to post mount is what you need.
    afik merlin do shimano mounts

here you go
    http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop/MTB++Parts/Brakes/Disc+Brake+Spares/Shimano+Disc+Brake+Spares/Shimano+Disc+Brake+Brackets_1766.htm

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

If you put the brake on with no adaptor, a 6″ rotor will fit. That is the standard, so you just need a 180mm Post Mount adaptor, the two you’ve lnked to will be fine, I’de get the second one because the first looks a bit girly.

The only exception to that is Magura Thors which take a 7″ rotor as standard and the Magura Wotans, which take an 8″ rotor as standard.

GEDA
    Free Member

Thanks. Just thought it bet to check.

roystonsmith
    Free Member

I’d go for the second one as the first one won’t work very well – the bolts will not be flush with the outside edge of the caliper. As you can see on the second adapter (or any other type of adapter other than the first) when you change rotor size the caliper is rotated around the centre of the wheel. Yet on the first adapter the bolts stay aligned with the 6″ post mount.

The only ways to get round it is to use the special CPS washers that come on Avid calipers, but it still don’t work very well.

This type of thing

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What adaptor for post mount forks’ is closed to new replies.