Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • What A Mistake To Make
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its about trust. You either have it or you don’t. Like PP I would never hide purchases nor would swmbo

yunki
    Free Member

it’s what patios were made for..

cynic-al
    Free Member

LOLLERCOPTERS at the sanctimonious and large-balled keyboard warriors on today!

I like samurai’s approach best.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I agree it’s about trust, but everyone is different and no-one has a monopoly on happiness. Not having 100% trust, isn’t grounds for angst, or breaking up a happy home.

I don’t care what she spends her money on. She gets annoyed when I spend my money on bike-stuff, because she doesn’t grasp why it matters to me.

We avoid conflict by me not waving every purchase under her nose, and her not asking awkward questions!

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Its our money, not mine, even tho its me who earns it. Sometimes i find i hard to get my head round it even after 13 years, it its the correct way. But sometimes in my weakness i make a few small purchases that i would rather not trot out for all to see. Thats my way of dealing with it. I would be really surprised if most married couples didnt operate something like this in some capacity.

popstar
    Free Member

Well cassette and pump is bizzare thing to be guilty about. CCDB on other hand, I don’t know how to get that around my wife. It’s just too bling obvious not to see it on the bike.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

(Mr MC posting)

Mancave. The clue’s in the title.

Tell her its full of spiders…

Seriously though, I’m amazed how many couples have issues over finances (possibly a different matter when there is only one breadwinner). MC and I have a joint account for all house/living expense type expenditure and we pay the same amount into it each month. We pay into this from our own accounts, with which we do what the hell we like. If I want a bling new bike part, or MC wants a nice handbag (more likely to be a nice bike part or timbuktu bag but thats just her) it has nothing to do with the other person.

More often than not she’d be the one encouraging me to buy the new bike/part that I wanted which is nice, but either way all the couples we know with financial disagreements come from having one joint account and different ideas of who is entitled to do what with “our money” (and this includes dual ~equal income couples).

marcel
    Free Member

Wow,

Who’d have thought my little thread could cause so much fuss and opinions on marriage.

All I ask is read my original post in two ways.

Firstly read it with both of us speaking in stern voices on the edge of an argument,

Secondly read it as actually happened with both the wife and I laughing as we spoke.

I do not have to justify my marriage to anyone on here, the whole thread was meant as a bit of fun, I would suggest that those who have read more into the thread than was intended maybe the ones who need to look at their own lives if they feel the need to post such opinionated things, and in some cases being quite rude.

As I have said previously I am very happy with my lot in life, my wife was my friend for 12 years before we started dating and then married. We know each other well enough.

As for any guilt, none from me, she found it very funny to find these things in my “man cave” .

To all those glass half empty look at your own lives before criticising mine. And to all the glass half full guys, good to talk to you. I know which people I would rather meet and have a drink with.

I am a member of a well known VW forum and posted similar on there, no negative replies on there. Maybe it shows a difference between communities, and although I am addicted to my Mountain biking maybe the likes of the people on here this is a forum a bit too uptight for me.

Marcel

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Marcel – fair enough. I read it as hiding purchases from your wife – its something a good few folk on here do.

Klunk
    Free Member

the original post is completely humourless.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

and so what about hiding purchases?

it is all part of the game that marriage and relationships can be. Some people here seem very pleased with themselves and what they think the level of honesty and sharing is in their relationships. Yet I bet they don’t tell their wives their bums look that big. And they may yet find out that their wives have been hiding secret purchases/lovers/diseases and that things were not quite as open as they thought. 😉

Marcel – nice thread – keep it up – I got it.

Kevevs
    Free Member

relax sit back and chillax.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

wow if my girlfriend talked to me like that id tell her to go **** her self!

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Klunk – Member
    the original post is completely humourless.

Made me chuckle 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

stoatsbrother. 30 yrs of complete honesty here.

Hiding purchases from your other half is a form of lying and it stinks IMO

dyna-ti

Start clearing out the wardrobes 😉

MrsToast
    Free Member

Only ironic if you’re the weather person getting married who forecast a bright sunny day surely?

Or ironic if you live in a rainy climate, then go abroad to a sunny country to get married to ensure clement weather, then it rains in the sunny country but is dry in your home country. Still, could be worse – you could have ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

tj are you trying to be ironic spouting about trust (and equality usually) and you call your missus “she who must be obeyed” what are you – a lap dog?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Calling her SWMBO is being ironic 🙄

Its about a partnership of equals based on truth and honesty

rob-jackson
    Free Member

not really is it, just a bit sad!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

This gave me a smirk:

maybe the likes of the people on here this is a forum a bit too uptight for me.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Marcel – nice thread – keep it up – I got it.

+1. I thought it was a light-hearted giggle until certain people crashed the party. Really, is there no where on STW that is immune to unpleasantness?? 🙄

My trick is to spend ages on the sofa browsing CRC/Wiggle etc whilst the missus watches TV. She soon twigs I’m shopping for new bits and from then on in it’s just a process of attrition. By the time the courier arrives there are no surprises 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 41 through 62 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘What A Mistake To Make’ is closed to new replies.