Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • What a beautiful day!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Didn't get out till 1 pm today but coulda stayed out for hrs. Damn her indoors' curfew! Roll on spring!

Karinofnine

I just got back from an amazing ride – I love this weather. I've just had pilchards on toast with sweet corn for my post-ride feed. Yum yum.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Pilchards? Jeez, fair play to ya. Omega 3 and all that ha ha 🙂

My post from a similar thread on Mleh………

Morning – did a loop round Curbar Edge, Baslow, Pilsley, Hassop, Rowland, Calver, Curbar from the White Peak Guide.

We **** up and ended up doing it backwards by mistake – which actually turned out to be the better direction by far. Couldn't feel fingers on first descent, but soon warmed up – glorious day and fantastic scenery. The actual riding was a 5/10 affair, but the morning as a whole gets a 9/10.

Finished off with a 10 piece breakfast and coffee at the Calver crossroads outdoor shop/cafe.

Dog walking on the moors this afters, followed by a pint and crisps at a village pub. Came home and cleaned bike whilst Mrs FBB cooked dinner. Now sat with a Jamesons Irish and just about to watch a film together – nipper included.

Downsides to the day – I have two horrendously loose spokes where my cheese-like Roval rims have been dinged, and my Spesh E150 forks have a crack in the housing where the thru-axle pinch bolt sits. I shouldn't have too much problem with having the forks warrantied and Spesh reportedly tend to upgrade parts to newer kit where the forks are concerned. As for the rims, I should have known that a 1560 gramme wheelset spoked 24/28 wouldn't deal with the Peaks very well, however they are marketed as 'all mountain' and are stock on the S-Works Enduro. I expected a little more for my £400 odd.

vrapan
    Free Member

I too had a blast just in the local woods though! Both today and yesterday the weather was awesome!

Sorry to hear about your troubles TAFKAS. Will see how my 1380gr ZTR build holds up, went for the replacement of the 355 as opposed to the replacement of the Olympic as for 30gr more I was getting a bit more peace of mind!

Stevie
    Free Member

Had a great ride over the South Downs in to the teeth of an icy wind. Sadly my ride was ruined a bit by an ignorant 'all the gear and no idea' goon on a £3000 bike, dressed like a factory pro and giver of dirty looks, if you're reading mate IT AINT MY FAULT YOU CAN'T GET YOUR SUPER BIKE UP THE SAME HILL THAT I JUST WENT UP ON MY SINGLESPEED! Grumpy turd.

walla24
    Free Member

chuckle….also had a delicious ride today, beautiful sunshine here in mid wales!!

clunker

Was over Cannock Chase at 7am bloddy superb at – 4 8)

snowslave

Roman Lakes – fantastic conditions today

Popocatapetl

Four hour ride from Mam Tor today. Beautiful weather and fantastic scenery. I really felt alive.

lister

Raven at Brechfa, was lovely, car park busy, trail empty! 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

Lovely day here in North Wales, sunny n fresh. we were moaning at work cos could've been 'pon bikes on them thar mountins. Bet it'll be pishing down come sunday.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

25 miles on the roadbike this afternoon on dry roads, wall-to-wall blue sky, views into the Dark Peak with snow still lying. Barely a breath of wind and didn't feel the cold too much either. Ace.

Gary_C

A large group of us out in the Peaks from Edale today.Anticlockwise route going up Jacobs Ladder,then finishing with Mam Tor.

Fantastic day.

Ambrose

[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4051/4414923180_a6d828dbd8_b.jpg[/img]I too didn't get out until 1:00. A lovely lie in, spoilt by not knowing where to ride in this superb weather. Finally decided to visit one of the Balck Mountain plane wrecks I had never been to and grab a geocache along the way.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

good pics Ambrose

We were out last night for a 3 hour night ride – the stars were amazing.

Went up Rhigos road, through to Skyline and then back over to Aberdare with a fast and furious decent into the country park around 10.30pm – bloody fricken freezing but great fun 😉

Ambrose

Walla- did you get out on your bike though?

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Lovely to look at but twoz blooming chilly up the Pike this morning.

Bream
    Free Member

Twas a beautiful day indeed, feels like spring may well be finally arriving in Southern Sweden, still plenty of snow about mind, did a 2 hour ride in bright sunshine at zero degrees 8)

rOcKeTdOg

cold but "springy" yesterday 🙂

jedi

beautiful day yesterday and only the 3rd time we'd been able to ride herts shore this year

aviemoron
    Free Member

Still snow on the tracks here, so skied the Carn Ban Mhor ridge above Glen Feshie – turns in the late afternoon on soft spring snow, lush.

toons
    Free Member

Was a cracker yesterday

kiwijohn

Great ride today. Bucketed down all day, but still good riding for the first wet ride of the year. Too wet to take photos as well. Roll on winter night riding after a long hot summer.
    Some of us remembered how to corner in the wet, others not so much.

robgarrioch

Still too much wet, grip-negating, wheel swallowing snow above 300m in the Pentlands for pedaling yesterday, so had a long walk carrying the bike instead… 🙄 . Enjoyed it all the same, feeling that better weather is nearly here.

(photopage)

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘What a beautiful day!’ is closed to new replies.