Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What 29er Rim…?
  • BigAlbsure
    Free Member

Any ideas guys, I need a couple of rims…

One for my Alfine and the front will be built onto Hope Pro 2, looking to maybe stretch to £50 a rim, would like to run a 2.4 Racing Ralph if possible……

schmiken

Stans 29er?

JohnClimber
    Free Member

I've just got a pair of these very light weight 29er rims.
    http://www.justridingalong.com/shop.php?product=4484
    1580grams a pair built up and with a powder coating to match the frame

BigAlbsure
    Free Member

Stans your lookin at 75 a piece though! ZTR 65 a rim. Maybe i gotta stretch the wallet just to get 2.4 Ralph's on. Man that's harsh

Chevin
    Free Member

Bontrager Duster. Same rim as on the Rhythm wheelset, so better for slightly wider tyres. Light and strong. £40 each.

Matthew

ctznsmith
    Free Member

What's the widest tyre you can fit on a TN719 or an EQ27?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Given the expense & permanence/rebuild hassle of building a wheel, together with the expense of the other components and the fact that losing weight at the rim/tyre is way more significant than anywhere else on the bike, my advice is ALWAYS buy the lightest/best rim you can.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

running an stans arch on a alfined rear, and did run a 2.4 ralphs on the FSer (tubed) with Flow rims no problems

pypdjl
    Free Member

Just ordered a sun eq27 from crc to build onto an alfine, seems like a decent option for 40 quid.

Bat1
    Free Member

2nd the duster

charliedontsurf

Salsa semi is lovely and £65
    halo aero warrior is about £35

I always go with the salsa rims.

Bimbler
    Free Member

Mavic TN719

Mavic TN719@CRC

markenduro
    Free Member

eq27 are a pretty decent rim for the money, I have one on an alfine and an SS hub with no issues, fairly wide as well.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Can you run a 2.4 Racing Ralph which the OP wants to on a TN719 or EQ27, has anyone?

Bimbler
    Free Member

TN719's are rated to 2.3" iirc so the answer would be no

mavisto
    Free Member

I'm running the EQ27 Sleeved rim from CRC and not had any problems yet. Build them myself with black DT Competition spokes.

I've also got a pair of 36 hole Rigida Taurus rims that I will be building when I get round to finishing of the GF road wheels.

I plan to put some cyclocross tyres on the EQ27's as they're 32 hole and have them more as a summer/trail wheels and something a bit tougher on the Rigida's. Both rims are disc specific.

Jase_MK
    Free Member

Stans for £49.99 – http://www.wheelies.co.uk/p23126/No-Tubes-Stans-ZTR-Flow-MTB-Rim.aspx

Takes a couple of weeks as they have to order them in.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bimbler – Member
    TN719's are rated to 2.3" iirc so the answer would be no

That rating would not bother me.

rootes1

<<That rating would not bother me. >>

nor me given the mad crazy world of tyre sizes where reality nevers seems to match the indicated.

I have tn719 – nice rim with proper eyelets

mboy
    Free Member

Can you run a 2.4 Racing Ralph which the OP wants to on a TN719 or EQ27, has anyone?

I've got some 2.2" Kenda Nevegals on my TN719's, which are probably nearly as big as 2.4" Racing Ralphs as they are huge for a 2.2! Seems fine to me…

TN719 are a very high quality rim too, fully eyeletted, 25mm wide, quite light (500g I weighed mine at) and seem very strong/stiff like most Mavic rims. Only downside is it's not immediately tubeless ready, but I remedied that with the ghetto method…

ctznsmith
    Free Member

Just to muddy the waters even further, are these DT Swiss X470 rims with Racing Ralph 2.4's in the photo below?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/singular-swift-new-build

BigAlbsure
    Free Member

Thanks all for your comments…

decided on a pair of Stans ZTR Flow,

Cheers for the link Jase_MK £49.99 thats a bargain.
    ……………………………………………

If it aint broke, fix it till it is. Or let me see it for a minute.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What 29er Rim…?’ is closed to new replies.