Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What 1K hardtail? (again, sorry)
  • scotabroad

Cube

SL pro

I'm sure its been asked before but our C2W scheme has just been switched to Evans or Leisurelakes.

So some choices available are the Cube LTD race which seems to be well specced.

or

The specialized Rockhopper SL pro

But any other suggestions welcomed.

cheers

S

ton

stewart, what size frame are you looking at mate??

scotabroad

Depends on bike Ton, but about 19"/ XL size I would say. Looking at something for the Keilder 100 specifically.

ton

i have a nice 21'' rockhopper pro sl. i bought it for longer events and long days out.
    i rode it at whinlatter the other week. it was great to be honest.

Trekster

rode a cheap rockhopper when in spain last year and it was good. The Cubes also look good, used by whinlatter bike shop for hire bikes.
    Anything else?

scotabroad

Anything else?

Basically anybike from Evans or Leisurelakes up to about a grand is available as far as I know. There is a stack of choice, but I have looked at spending the max so have honed in on bikes for 1K because you effectively get them for half price, interest free payments over one year.

Am also considering another road bike but know zip about whats a good one at this price from these two companies.

[OEGGVjWF]
    Free Member

I have the 2009 Cube Ltd Race, I really like it. Watch the sizing though, they have short top tubes (road & mountain bikes).

willard

Gah. I wish my company did this bloody scheme… I'm faced with actually having to buy a bike for myself.

scotabroad

Was in Evans tonight in Glasgow and the choices they had there in the rough price range were:

Genesis Altitude 10 and 20, lovely bike but a bit too similar to my PA

Fuji MT pro – felt a bit too racy?

Scott Scale

Felt six

The didnt have any specialized in stock at the time.

And to throw a curved ball they had a Charge Juicer road bike which looked very retro.

Choices, choices, I will do some test rides on Friday.

dmiller
    Free Member

I love my rockhopper! Dale's in glasgow will prob have one in stock, thats where i got mine! 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What 1K hardtail? (again, sorry)’ is closed to new replies.