Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What 150 mm fork? DT, RS, Marzocchi or FOX
  • juan
    Free Member

As per title really. What is the STW concencus on that 😀

reggiegasket
    Free Member

budget?

juan
    Free Member

humm as cheap RPP as possible, to be honnest wondering whether or not going with fox and/or DT is worth the extra money

Sancho
    Free Member

I’ve been hearing a lot of good stuff about MArzocchi lately, but not sure on budget.Rockshox seem to have some good options too.

Fox are getting way too pricey and fragile.

alfabus
    Free Member

Marzocchiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!

44 RC3 Ti are the ones you want. Forget the budget, just sell some children/kidneys. You need them in your life.

Dave

ferrit
    Free Member

Agreed.

Marzocchi will outlast Fox and RS offerings by miles.

Performance is incredible – I have 2 pairs.

3-year no service warranty. I don’t hear Fox offering that…

Do it!

wwaswas

I’ve got 3 pairs of Marzocchi 44 Micro Ti’s – they get my vote.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Warranty pointless if they go bust (google or forum search for more info). Brilliant forks though and as they are unpopular you can find last years stuff cheap. Wiggle did 2010 55rc3ti half price in spring 2011.
    Hopefully someone will buy them up, GT, cannondale raceface all bounced back from the brink and there must be a far east factory that wants or needs a known premium brand.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Personally having just changed a set of Marzocchi 44 Micro Ti’s for a set of Rockshox Revelation RLT Ti’s both in QR15 flavor, i’d go for the RS.

They’re much better IMHO.

fudge9202
    Free Member

Rockshox Revelation RLT Ti’s

tinman66
    Free Member

Have to say I had a set of 2006 Marzocchis on my Cove and never really got on with them (I appreciate they’ve come a long way since then. They just felt vague and uninspiring resulting in them dying a death at Dalby last year. Now running Revelations and love ’em. They ride much better, look much better and so far no tech problems with them at all.

ferrit
    Free Member

Note – 44 Micro Ti’s are not the same as 44 RC3 Ti’s!

Heard a few bad comments about the Micros but can’t fault the RC3s.

alfabus
    Free Member

ferrit +1

Micro Tis are an air fork, RC3 Ti are a coil fork which weigh the same as most air forks.

Dave

alfabus
    Free Member

@tinman66 – 2006 was the start of Marzocchi’s bad patch. I had some marathons back then and some AM3’s from 2008 that were awful.

The new forks from Marz are a completely different kettle of badgers.

Dave

mojo5pro
    Free Member

another + for marzocchi rc3 ti….great fork

juan
    Free Member

ok I’ll check the price of marzocchi forks with the LBS 😀
    cheers

jedi

i’m waiting on my set of ti 55’s to arrive. 🙂

juan
    Free Member

55 will be to big, I’ll stick to 44 it’s only for trail riding and enduro

collinstiffee
    Free Member

I have an AM4 on my stiffee and it’s up to the job, if a little heavy (2.8 kg). CRC has sektors for £200

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Although you’ve got the idea already i bloody love my 2010 140mm 44 rc3 ti’s

excalibur

+1 for what dirtbiker says.

Northwind

RC3 ti is a lovely fork… So supple and controlled, outclasses my Revs in terms of sheer performance. Did feel a bit flexier though, despite being about 300 grams heavier (which isn’t a lot in the grand scheme but isn’t far off 20% more than a Rev).

Do they offer a full range of springs now? I think originally it was only medium and soft, and everyone else was suppose to compensate with the air assist but my mate’s a bit of a beefer and reckoned the fork didn’t work as well by the time he had it inflated to cover his weight…

I like the height adjust which’d put me off the 44s but the 2 forks seem well matched.

robhughes
    Free Member

RLT TI dual position revs here and bloody love them. 😀

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What 150 mm fork? DT, RS, Marzocchi or FOX’ is closed to new replies.