Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • West Midlands
  • tootin

Hi, I was just wondering if there are any decent cross country routes near-ish Worcester, just in case it is too icy to go to the brecons. Looking around on the internet it all seems to be DH.

rOcKeTdOg

Bredon hill has some nice routes and the wyre forest isn't far from worcester

sting
    Free Member

+1 for the wyre forest. All natural trails, so take a map. Good luck

tootin

Thanks a lot really helpful 🙂

jim29
    Free Member

+1 for Wyre

Took me ages to get to know it, but stay off the family trails and you'll be OK!

bonesetter
    Free Member

The most obvious is the Malvern Hills to Worcester, or do you live there?

You need a guide for the Wyre Forest otherwise you will get lost, end up on fire roads and then give up.

Other possible areas are Clent Hills (local to me), which drains very well, and Kinver. Both scenic with decent riding

captain_spaulding
    Free Member

You won't get lost in the wyre, you just won't know where you are.
    😀
    Use the fireroads for climbing and singletrack for going down,
    you'll be fine.

pstokes99
    Free Member

Wyre is very good but without local knowledge you'd never know it. If you're heading over that way post up here and see if someone can show you around a bit.

sc-xc

captain_spaulding – Member

You won't get lost in the wyre, you just won't know where you are.

rOcKeTdOg

muddypuddle, given the remoteness of the button oak side,i'd not advertise on a public forum (which scrotes have access to) the time you are leaving your vehicle unattended and the location, if you aren't using a car though, please ignore me!

Mounty_73
    CheesybeanZ

Bredon hill
    Malvrn hills
    Cotswold hills
    Cannock FTD and loads of natural stuff
    FOD not to far away

that should keep you going for a few days 😆

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

Good to see you didnt give away Worcs's secret riding hotspot there rocketdog…. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

8) need to know innit !

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

NW Alps Jeyer aka Boz – Good to see you didnt give away Worcs's secret riding hotspot there rocketdog….

only a select few are allowed to ride gaz's back passage 😯

rOcKeTdOg

tootin, how did you get on?

tootin

We had to call the Beacons off cos of the ice, we ended up going to Cannock the first day and then doing a 40 mile Malverns route on the second day, which was great, we knew someone who lived right near Cannock so he gave us a guided tour, even around the new Black route which your not allowed on (what rebels) I think it's called Phase 2? very like Glentress. Wyre forest just sounded a bit too easy to get lost in so Cannock seemed the obvious choice. Thanks for the help anyway.

aracer
    Free Member

40 mile Malverns route

😯 – how on Earth do you manage that when they're <10 miles end to end?

tootin

we went from the house we were staying in in worcester and did some extra bridleways surrounding, also across some country lanes and we climbed each peak

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘West Midlands’ is closed to new replies.