Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Well that was a wet one!
  • lambchop
    Free Member

Ride that is not a fart! Nothing like saturated 3/4 baggies flapping round your legs on a wet ride. However I really enjoyed it this morning, the Woburn trails were deserted. Bike always washes down easier after a wet one too.

Anyone else been out this morning?

jonba
    Free Member

was planning a 75 road mile ride over the northumbria moors – don’t think that will be happening.

ononeorange

Supposed to be racing at Black Park but I got over-enthusiastic trying to get my fitness together and buggered my Achilles. So I’m instead reading your post enviously and confusing myself with IS / Post Mount brake brackets and square taper sizes.

Lesson: Don’t try and beat the fast ones.

bullheart
    Free Member

Aye. piss wet through…

Ace though!

_tom_
    Free Member

About to go out for a quick road ride, its not too bad here at the minute.

crazy-legs

Just got back from a road ride. Twas somewhat damp.

Actually, it was ****ing soaking. For once, I eschewed roadie fashion constraints and put a pair of waterproof shorts on. Fashion: 0 Practicality: 1. 🙂

boblo
    Free Member

The road ride was canned though we did do a 70 miler yesterday on the tandem. A 10 mile run took it’s place, in the rain. I now have rising damp of the goolies…..

JRTG
    Free Member

Yep 45 miles of sodden, windy, miserable sussex downs…. glad i’ve only got 1 gear, as was pretty grindy for round here!!! hosed myself down as well as the bike.

Clink

Not only wet but cold – I reckon 3-4 degrees on tops. Great fun sliding about on the trails but started to worry when all layers on and still cold!

stumpyjon

Was going to go out but it’s been snowing / sleeting here so it’s wet and cold. Off to the garage later for some fettling, REBAs need servicing and the cones need tightening up on the rear wheel of the other bike.

mintimperial

Yep. Sub-zero on the tops, rain, snow and sleet most of the way round and a bloody annoying headwind all the way down the last descent. Ace fun. 🙂

_tom_
    Free Member

Well that wasn’t much fun, 20 mins of cold rain to the forehead made me feel like I had brain freeze so I decided to come home and have a hot shower. Prompted me to finally buy some waterproof bike trousers as well.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I’m waiting for a big ride tomorrow – had stuff to do today. It is supposed to be sunny up here tomorrow – fingers crossed.

maxtorque

TBH we need some rain after whats been an incredibly winter! Luckily the trails at Woburn dry so fast. Big difference from friday arvo, just as deserted (which considering the beautiful sunny weather and perfect trail conditions was suprising).

I ended up putting a bit more air in my shocks on friday because everything has sped up so much as the trails have dried. But a few more days like this and i’ll be letting those 15psi back out again……. 😉

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My eyes are bloody sore from all the grit in them – my prescription specs were a hazard. What vision was available came from one squinted defective eye.

oldgit
    Free Member

Yep on my Jack Jones feeling smug. Punctured 3 miles from home and couldn’t be arsed to stop and change it. Only saw two others on the road all day.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Went out for a quick ride this morning. Wet at the start, wetter at the end and the temperature dropped throughout the ride. I’ve only just dried out after getting caught in “the band of rain moving from west to east” yesterday. This wet weather seems to have coincided with me buying some 3/4 length semi dry shorts. I reckon the evil Google privacy policy is already at work and I’ll start seeing loads of Goretex ads 😉

DIS

Very wet ride but good fun, cup of tea and cake always seems to taste nicer after ride!

CaptJon
    Free Member

I enjoyed the hour i just did. Once the feeling in your toes goes, and your sealskins can’t soak up anymore water there isn’t much to worry about.

br
    Free Member

A couple of hours back-laning for us this morning, when it was only raining rather than the sleet we’ve just had.

Totally comparision to yesterday, when 30 miles in the Chilterns ended in pints, sat outside the pub in the sun 🙂

nicksar
    Free Member

A very wet but enjoyable 21/2 hours around Ashridge woods, great fun.

hs125
    Free Member

Mudfest at Black Park. Not a day for baggies.

mokl
    Free Member

Wicked ride across the Malverns, which I usually avoid on Sundays but was practically deserted today. Experienced high side winds and sleet, rain and snow. Someone had built a decent sized snowman on slopes of the Worcester Beacon! I encountered a few walkers on my return leg, but only saw 2 other bikers, and most of the time felt like I was alone in the wilderness. Absolutely gopping dirty, but brilliant ride.

edit: Oddly it is now bright, clear and sunny here at home. Weird weather today!

superfli
    Free Member

**** freezing, and wet in the driving rain then blizzard like conditions for the Rogate DH. Absolutely terrible swamp like conditions, but a massive well done for the organisers and those that battled on! Dont think I’ll do that again though!

maxtorque

Hey Lambchop, have you been over the “backwoods” side of Woburn recently? I’ve been avoiding it as when i went just after christmas is was a complete quagmire, but we did a quick rollercoaster run last weekend and that had dried out almost completely?

johnhighfield
    Free Member

Yep – did about 2 hours / 18 miles in the wet & gore!

It was only a slight drizzle when I went out at 8.30 & was prepared to abort the regular ride but 3 others had braved the elements – so off we went…

Did the local tracks around Hitchin / Gt Offley – but the slightest bit of rain & they mud-up on the surface & become v skittish.

Hosed the bike off & then got the wife to hose me off!!

John

druff
    Free Member

Yep, a couple of hours round Ashridge and Ivinghoe Beacon. Cold, wet, muddy and consequently very slippery. Great fun. Glad I got out.

messiah
    Free Member

Picture speaks a thousands words… brrrr.

bigG
    Free Member

Spent a few very happy hours on the MTB today. Riding new trails (new to me) in sunshine with a very light breeze. Very light dusting of snow at the high point made it look very picturesque

The fact that you lot were freezing or drowning your knackers off makes my ride even more sweet. Thanks!

I’m sure normal Scottish weather will resume shortly.

Garry_Lager

Did the Dark and White trailquest at Hayfield – the 3 hrs of pishing rain was expected but I was surprised how cold it was – snowing higher up.

Pretty miserable tbh – the warm glow of satisfaction of hearing the control’s beep was spread pretty thin. Stingy placements meant each one felt hard-earned.

matt_outandabout

*stares out window at clear night sky and memory of sunny, clear skied day*

Meh, the one day of the year where Scotland’s weather is better than yours is over already….

boerewors
    Free Member

Thanks for the blat Lambchop….heather run still leaves a huge smile on my face.
    Got home and Mrs had used all the hot water…..grrrr or should I say brrrr

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Well that was a wet one!’ is closed to new replies.