Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Well I did not expect that from CRC
  • trout
    Free Member

sent my Reverb back for the second time it has failed in 15 months and just had an email to say they have had a refund from rockshox and paypaled me my money back .

good result now what dropper seatpost to splash it out on

kayak23

😉

bol

But what to buy instead of a Reverb? I’ve got the new black light command post, which is great when it works, but I haven’t managed to get the adjustment consistently right yet, so it drops unexpectedl, which is a bit cack. It’s gone back to the LBS to have the internal cable adjusted which should sort it. Otherwise, it’s good: good lever, neat post, two fixed positions, Specialized warrantee…

Rickos
    Free Member

When is the CB Kronolog out? Could be good being a mechanical design.

monkeyboyjc

or the new fox one later in the year – if you have the cash….

ruscle
    Free Member

I got a Reverb and I really like the look of the Crankbrothers Kronolog seatpost which is due out in June. May sell mine to get one.

CrankBrothers Kronolog post £250

rhysw
    Free Member

Another reverb? I’ve had mine a while and it’s been spot on. Maybe the early production ones had issues? I wouldn’t go anywhere near a CB one and the Fox looks good but is mega expensive. You can pick up reverbs for under £200 now

wwaswas

New Crank Bros one looks interesting 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

My Giant one just seized. So don’t.

mactheknife

Just ordered my Giant Command Switch post.

Ill let you know how good or pants it is when its delivered. Also at £169 its less of a smash to the wallet 😀

jota180
    Free Member

I really like the look of the Crankbrothers Kronolog seatpost

Have CB ever made anything [except their multitool] that hasn’t fallen to bits at random intervals?

tomaso
    Free Member

Nice to see a brass bushing on QR, ultra dependable – unlike dropper posts.

Although a mate has an old Gravity Descender with the rubber boot on it and it works consistently. Its not flash like the new ones but the gaitor seems to keep the muck out.

tomaso
    Free Member

Nice to see a brass bushing on QR, ultra dependable – unlike dropper posts.

Although a mate has an old Gravity Descender with the rubber boot on it and it works consistently. Its not flash like the new ones but the gaitor seems to keep the muck out.

scaredypants

if it wasn’t for the poor saddle clamp I’d suggest a RASE post

mine has gone a bit wobbly but not failed – it’s a mechanical design with half inch increments up to (they say) 9 inches. Design looks suceptible to mud ingress but hasn’t been a big headache (as long as I use the neoprene thingy and clean it now & then)

It does seem that these things have to be seen as temporary items, same as tyres 🙄

messiah
    Free Member

15 months of Reverb use for free… I’d sign up for that.

Buy another Reverb FTW.

cp

Have CB ever made anything [except their multitool] that hasn’t fallen to bits at random intervals?

Exactly what I was thinking.

trout
    Free Member

Cheers peeps I liked the Reverb when it was working and would buy another if I knew the 2012 models had had all the glitches ironed out .

daznal
    Free Member

The Crap Bro’s seatpost will be great especialy if you like rusty broken gear

brassneck

To be fair, my pump didn’t fall apart.

Wouldn’t pump anything up, but it stayed in one pretty looking piece.

Northwind

Gravity Dropper… Still the most reliable, still the easiest to service, and I think still the lightest too.

And ugliest obviously.

My KS i900 has been very good since it got fixed- it had to go back on warranty twice to get it to work at all, from new, but I can’t fault how it’s performed over the last year and a half- lots of horrible conditions, some proper big crashes too. But the initial experience was not good.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

I’d be interested to know if anyone has ever:

1. had a dropper post that didn’t start to wobble after a while

2. Been pleased with the reliability of CB stuff. On a recent holday, a guy had their bar stem combo. The stem wouldn’t clamp the bar properly, no matter how he adjusted it. Quite special to be so expensive and yet utter ****.

passtherizla
    Free Member

My DSP from loco is still working faultlessly (touch wood)

james
    Free Member

“Have CB ever made anything [except their multitool”
    Half (the ones I used) the bits on my crank brothers multitool rounded and really quite quickly ..
    Didnt damage my park one before or my specialized one after

legend
    Free Member

I’d be waiting until I see what Thomson are going to be offering

chiefgrooveguru

Gravity Dropper. It works. And if your seat tube is big enough for a Reverb then you can get the 5″ drop version.

Gribs

My Giant one just seized. So don’t.

Mine’s still working fine though there’s a bit more rotational play than when it was new. I rode past someone at Gisburn though with one in bits at the trail side.

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

kayak23 has the best suggestion !!

iain1775
    Free Member

Swop kayaks hope(less) suggestion for a salsa one and maybe he does have the best suggestion 😉

honourablegeorge

Papa_Lazarou – Member
    I’d be interested to know if anyone has ever:

1. had a dropper post that didn’t start to wobble after a while

2. Been pleased with the reliability of CB stuff. On a recent holday, a guy had their bar stem combo. The stem wouldn’t clamp the bar properly, no matter how he adjusted it. Quite special to be so expensive and yet utter ****.

Have a KS i900 that’s been flawless = changed the cable after a year ‘cos it got a bit sticky, but that’s it. Numerous friends have them too, been hassle free.

And I’ve had more Shimano SPD pedals fail on me than CB ones.

That said, the Joplin is possibly the shittest product ever released to the market.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Well I did not expect that from CRC’ is closed to new replies.