Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Wednesday Pentlands
  • 13thfloormonk

usually cut off to the left near the bottom to end up back on Shearie Knowe / JZ bottom section, adds a little more climbing for entertainment!

Great minds think alike Rob, thats exactly what we did!

The canal was mayhem, that crash could have happened to anyone…

Kunstler

I was late out last night but I wondered if I might be able to spot you guys.

It’s a coincidence that you were going over that way as the night before I’d been coming back over the red road from Castlelaw and wondered about routes to the east of that track.

Last night I dropped down from north of Fala Knowe on a sheep track going over Woodhouselea Hill. Is that the way you came back up or did you climb up Boghall Glen?

My route had significantly less flow from that point – I think I should have dropped further off the east side of the hill. There seemed to be sheep tracks trending off the south flank going that way that I could see while pushing up the slope on the other side (towards Castlelaw).
    My off piste diversion was a bit steep and bumpy.

Going around Castlelaw farm a group lads called a greeting and just as looked over I hit a stump in the long grass and went over the bars. Amusing.
    When I got back up I saw that I’d wrecked my front back lever and therefore had no front brake. That made me wish I’d replaced the rather worn rear tyre on the descent to Glencorse.

Funnily enough, the first time I wrecked a brake lever like that was on the stile just before descending east of Allemuir. That was a bit hairy with only a front.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

[/url] 2011_0629MayApril20110015 by steven160275, on Flickr[/img]

Hmmm, how many more climbs can we squeeze in?????????

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Wednesday Pentlands’ is closed to new replies.