Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 615 total)
  • Website redesign – Update
  • acidtest
    Free Member

i doubt anyone really disagrees

This is STW of course someone will disagree 😉

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

i doubt anyone really disagrees

This is STW of course someone will disagree[/quote]
    I doubt it.

acidtest
    Free Member

lol

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And so it begins……

🙂 @gfs

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Got then didja? 🙂 I wore those for a few years, they were damn fine shoes.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Prefer my Haglöfs. 🙂

zippykona

Zoom update…………………………………No zoom.

kelvin

Please, please, please enable zoom at tablet sizes.

scotroutes

Zoom is still working for me; chrome/android. It’s enabled in the Accessibility settings in chrome.

kelvin

I’m not using either, but thanks.

zippykona

Zoom upate ………….Zoom on.
    Scotty I’m sending you a big sloppy kiss xxx

hammyuk
    Free Member

zippykona – Member

Scotty I’m sending you a big sloppy kiss xxx

That wasn’t a kiss…..

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Is this still the place to post feedback on the new website? I’ve spotted a bit of a gremlin in that the drop down menu options against my user name (top right) vary depending on whether I’m in the forum or not. So for instance, now I see:

Forum Activity
    Settings
    Logout

On other pages on the site I see:

Settings
    Logout

Not a huge problem, but since I’m so used to clicking the second option down for Forum Activity, I often accidentally click Messages instead.

#FirstWorldProblems

scotroutes

I can confirm that I’m seeing the same behaviour. (Chrome/Win10).

It would also be handy to have Messages on the Hamburger menu on mobile.

AlexSimon

One irritating thing that is quickly fixed.
    The posts column expands to fill much more of the screen than necessary, so much so, that changing a mobile to landscape gives no extra room for the thread title.

Fix:
    Currently on a <td> containing the thread title you have a class of .mobile-truncate which has…

.mobile-truncate {max-width:300px; width:300px}

Delete both of these, or alternatively fix the width of the posts column to pixels.

…although personally, I don’t understand the logic in not allowing the title to wrap.

andybrad

on my screen at work if i make the front page or forum smaller (so people dont see me tossing it off) then i loose the navigation at the top.

Not sure if this is my issue or the websites 🙂

GregMay
    Free Member

so people dont see me tossing it off

You probably shouldn’t do that at work.

GrahamS

We’ve not even got proper quote functionality, and you think picture uploads are a possibility?

Gonna need a new site/forum* for that sort of whizzbangery.

I generally post disposable images using http://postimage.org/

They actually offer free site plugins/extensions to add image hosting (via them) to existing forums that use phpBB, SMF, MyBB, FluxBB or PunBB:
    http://postimage.org/site-plugins/

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

when will the decision be made to revert to the old/better version?

JoeG
    Free Member

Something that doesn’t work for me on the mobile version (Android phone) is the “Main Theme” portion of the forum. Having it in the same format s the forum posts works fine on a Win computer, but those 4 lines fill the entire screen on the phone:

WGAS about the number of topics or posts? Eliminate this so that we can see the first forum posts.

scotroutes

Aye – but you need the words MAIN THEME up there and a description telling you what you might expect to find in the Classifieds – For Sale forum 😉

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Not sure if it’s just me – chrome on android – but I’m finding “ads” slipping through even though I’m a premier member.

It’s not a problem as such – i pay for the magazine and the website because i use them not specifically not to see ads – but they do take up a huge (blank) space in mobile view, less problematic in desktop view.

Desktop

Mobile

scotroutes

That happened to me earlier too – looking at that same article.

Assuming that someone from STW is still looking at this thread, would it be possible to have some sort of weekly update on the changes being worked on (it’s not exactly Brexit 😉 )?

CountZero

Zoom upate ………….Zoom on.

No it isn’t. Or at least, not in v9.3.1.
    Rotating the device to landscape causes the page to expand to fill the space, but that isn’t zoom, which should be entirely under the control of the user.
    I want to be able to see what I’m typing into the comments box without having to put reading glasses on, which is what I’m having to do now, and that’s on my pad!
    I can double-tap or use the two-finger spread/pinch everywhere else but here, so it’s not a result of loss of function in the OS.
    All I can assume is that the update to the forum hasn’t been made backwards compatible to older versions of iOS, prior to v10.0.0.

bruneep

I also get adverts on the fresh goods on mobile yet on laptop I dont? yes I’m signed in on the mobile.

scotroutes

It’s just not the Fresh Goods page. I’m getting the same on any of the Home Page articles (signed in, ads switched off).

I’m sure someone is just about to report on this.

Any.

Minute.

Now.

Jamie
    Free Member

Those are premium adverts. Not just regular adverts the usual riffraff gets.

You should feel honoured.

scotroutes

OK.

I’ll stop whining.

Jamie
    Free Member

Good. It was getting a bit much.

DickBarton

Have there been any more bug fixes put in? Looking through it all, it appears not – have the increased volume of clicks satisfied the need to not fix and combat the reduction in frequent visitors?

What is the plan for fixing the issues? Given that the users are the commodity that earns the money, surely it would be polite to let us know when our whining has reached a point where someone will attempt something?

bearnecessities

They don’t care 🙂

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Oh I am sure they do. You can always PM Mark about it 😉

wrightyson
    Free Member

So after binning off a perfectly good thread I started last night I thought I’d come to the “official” place to complain.
    On normal Internet viewer on android…
    I cannot zoom in
    I cannot see number of posts
    I cannot see thread title
    Overview page is a waste of time
    I cannot click on last page of any thread
    Text box is about 6/7 average words before it moves to next line.
    It really has made the forum a pain to use.
    Been a (nonpaying admittedly) member for a long time, but why did you try and fix something that wasn’t particularly broke?

zippykona

It is rubbish now. An easy fix is to go back to the old one.
    You can make it a bit better on android but on Apple stuff it’s rubbish.
    I have no idea what I’m writing as the words are too small to see on my iPad.

bennn
    Free Member

On the mobile site on my android there is no zoom, I cannot see full thread titles, post numbers or author before clicking in, and having to go back to ‘overview’ in stead of having the forum links at the top is annoying.

DickBarton

Wrightyson – makes no oddsif you pay ornot, the fact you are on the site and ads are being served, they are making money off you…so the non-payment is irrespective as money is being made from you.

I love the idea of numbers makes money, but fixing issues to maintain the regularity of visits isn’t…more regular the visits, the higher the volume which equates to more ads and more money to be made.

mechanicaldope

Not deliberate, and I maybe wrong (sure my visits can be verified), but pretty sure I have been coming here slightly less often and reading less threads.

An update on whether any of the feedback was being taken on-board and worked upon would be nice.

nickjb
    Free Member

Another update would be nice (on progress or actually to the website). The Christmas holiday excuse is wearing a little thin now. 😛

Jamie
    Free Member

So after binning off a perfectly good thread I started last night I thought I’d come to the “official” place to complain be ignored

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 615 total)

The topic ‘Website redesign – Update’ is closed to new replies.