Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Website dudes, simple answer required
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

How do I make a website mydomain.com automatically open my domain.com/a_folder when someone goes to my domain.com?
    I’ve tried forwarding but am getting an error message.

butcher

The default settings on the server will usually disable the ability to view the contents of folders for security reasons.

As long as that’s enabled, just set the folder as the default directory of the website.

DickBarton

Tried creating an index.html file with a redirect in it? Redirect to sub folder after 0 seconds…not the best but probably easiest to setup for ease.

nickjb
    Free Member

I think you are looking for a ‘redirect’ eg http://www.webworkshop.net/auto-redirecting_methods.html

EDIT: Too slow

Cougar

The quick and dirty way is to put a redirect on the home page in the root directory.

The ‘correct’ way is to set the home page properly in the server’s settings.

“I’m getting an error” isn’t very helpful on its own. The keyword there is “message”.

The other question, of course, is “why would you want to”?

donsimon
    Free Member

Thanks.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Cougar, posted from my phone with access to the error message. I’ll have a look at it tomorrow.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Sorted. I was setting up a wild card redirect to a subfolder which was causing the error, got rid of the wild card and all is fixed 🙂
    Thanks all

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Website dudes, simple answer required’ is closed to new replies.