Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • We lost a cat last night
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Only had the poor little devil for 18 months. He was always far to curious and the road ended up doing for him. A kindly neighbour scooped him off the road and brought him back to us.
    The wife had been in bits ever since.

boblo
    Free Member

Awww, we've got one like that. Cross between Felix and Tom. Poor little sod. 😥

samuri
    Free Member

bummer. We've got a cat that looks exactly like that.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Aye, i've had one go the same way, he was only 18 months old as well 🙁

I know how much it hurts.

geetee1972
    Free Member

You know I was never an animal lover growing up; my brother was allergic to animal hair so we never had any pets. My wife talked me into getting this one and his sister last year as a sort of 'pre-child test' and I'm quite surprised as to how attached I had got to him.
    He had such a happy, but daft disposition. Always up for having his tummy tickled but always too keen to go out exploring. By the time I got him home he was already stiff as a board.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. He looks just like ours. Don't know what we'd do if we lost ours.

geetee1972
    Free Member

One more for posterity:

john_drummer
    Free Member

poor thing

we lost 2 within 10 days of each other 2 years ago 🙁

we have another one now, who doesn't go out

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have 5 cats buried in the back garden 🙁 and two more living with me. I kept them indoors for a few years and now they only go out in the garden, show no inclination to wander.

naokfreek
    Free Member

The first cat i had was run over infront of me by a lotus that lived round the corner when i was seven, lots of crying.
    The next day, the driver of the lotus brought/bought over two kittens as he felt so bad about it (nothing he could have done to avoid him though) . A ginger tom and a tabby. The tabby did'nt like anything so we gave her/him to a lady over the road but kept the g tom.

He lived until the ripe old age of 21!

Still, always a sad time though…

stumpyjon

Ours just disappeared one night after 14 years, went out as normal, never came back. No idea what happened to her. It was worst for the kids, the eldest (4 at the time) just kept expecting the cat to come back, took ages for her to realise the cat wasn't coming back.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Ah sorry to hear that.

Same thing happened to my ginger tom kitten this summer.

The kids saw the whole thing so it was pretty traumatic and I still miss him even though we have another cat and a new kitten.

roundwheels
    Free Member

did you wok the cat and share it with you neighbour 😀

Houns

:'0(

If anything happened to mine i'd be distraught, RIP lil moggy

derek_starship
    Free Member

I'd be absolutely distraught if anything happened to our Mushroom. She's a house cat so I guess we should enjoy her longer than those that roam.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Get another one and love it.

geetee1972
    Free Member

We still have his sister who being a tortoise shell is as her genes dictate fiesty fickle and quick tempered. She wouldn't tolerate another interloper in the house.

mudshark
    Free Member

I have 5 cats buried in the back garden and two more living with me

househusband

Feel for you, geetee1972/

We've got three and we'd both be in bits if anything happened to them; all black and white – one strangely near identical to Samuri's!

mrsflash
    Free Member

So sorry to hear that.

Bunnyhop

That's sad.
    My Father came home one evening from work to find 3 females sitting on the couch crying.
    He knew straight away that our cat had been run over.
    My sister and I found her intact at the side of the road. She was buried under our cherry tree. All this was many years ago now.

Christowkid
    Free Member

Really really sorry to hear………
    I love cats, they get right under my radar, and I'm in obvious company here too.
    I found it hard when i lost mine….
    Q

zaskar
    Free Member

🙁

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Our kitten was buried in the garden in the summer, I can still recall the combination of sweat, tears and dirt as I dug the hole…

scraprider
    Free Member

oh dear , very sad.

gazman
    Free Member

sorry to hear about your loss geetee could you post a pic of your other one she sounds like ours olli the pic of him under the carpet reminds me so much of him too,

shredder
    Free Member

So sorry to hear that we lost ours Lilly just over a year ago the same way. She is also buried in our garden, we actually got her off STW forum.
    Still miss her

Couldnt bring ourselves to get another one then after time we got………

Fish
    (bonkers bengal)

Have a look at this you may have seen it but it cheered us up.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s13dLaTIHSg

Cheers

carlosg
    Free Member

So sorry to hear this , we moved house 3 years ago and brought our 5 year old tabby with us ,all was fine then 1 night she didn't come home. After frantic searching the next day we found her at a vets she'd been hit by a car but looked like shed just gone to sleep.no pics of tammy online

then we were given a kitten who was so underweight and riddled with fleas that we were sure he was a gonna , but he pulled round and got so under my skin then at 10 months he was hit by a car as well but it wasn't a pretty sight. rip teddy

We've decided no more cats while we live here , we just can't risk losing another the same way it's heartbreaking.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Same happened to us with Robbie.
    Except…he was horrible really, used to try & shag his sister, who we still have & is lovely. When she fu*ked him off he'd give her a good hiding! Then come bedtime & I tried to get him off the settee, he'd have a go at me as well (good hiding, not a shagging) Not a friendly tom but still not nice bobbing him in a bin liner at the kerb.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I know what you're going through geetee ……. I've lost 2 in traffic accidents 😐

Most accidents occur at night apparently – car headlights dazzle them/they misjudge the car's speed/distance.

superlurch
    Free Member

🙁

takisawa2

Condolences to you. 🙁
    We lost 3 or 4 as kids on the main road.
    They simply don't stand a chance.
    Also lost one that was ripped apart in front of us by two lurchers.
    Will get the boys to say a little bedtime prayer for your "little devil".

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘We lost a cat last night’ is closed to new replies.