Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • waterproof walking trousers
  • gazza100

Looking to get a pair walking trousers and narrowed it down to Berghaus Paclite or RAB Bergen (EVent). Any experience of either or any others I should consider?

dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

Easy – Rab.
    Montane Atomic also worth a look

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

My paclite ones have lasted ok but neither fabric is brilliantly robust…

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I just got a pair from TK maxx – lifeadventure IIRC that are surprisingly well made and tested in the shower ( yes I am that sad) are waterproof.

Much cheapness. Every quality pair Ihave had has started to leak in a year or two so these are worth a try

gazza100

My paclite ones have lasted ok but neither fabric is brilliantly robust…

I’ve read some reviews and I was surprised that this was a common complaint against the paclite fabric. Suppose it’s lighweight or robustness. Was also considering the Berghaus Deluge, which uses Aquafoil fabric and can be had for about £30 – £40.

fivespot
    Free Member

I use my Endura event ones for biking and walking, perfik 8)

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

the deluge and aquafoil fabrics aren’t as light as the paclite I think. I don’t think paclite is less robust than event though, looking at the comments on the event jacket thread that is going on at the moment.

wl
    Free Member

Got the Paclites and I like them. Thin though (tiny and lightweight), so I guess they need handling with care. You can’t have it all.

gazza100

Cheers for the replies. I plummed for the Rab Bergens which I got from go outdoors through their price match scheme.

didnothingfatal
    Free Member

Used Rab Bergens in Welsh Summer and Alpine 4000’s fantastic mountain trousers 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘waterproof walking trousers’ is closed to new replies.