Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Want a cheap home?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Might be a bit too far to cycle to work of a morning though…
    BUY NOW!

coffeeking
    Free Member

IF that were real I'd be tempted!

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Apparently it IS real…
    Guardian article…

coffeeking
    Free Member

Awesome. Might buy one just to say I own a home in the states 😀

Milkie
    Free Member

Don't they have stupid maintenance fee's a year or something?

Dudie
    Free Member
    coffeeking
    Free Member

You'd obviously need to look into your own liabilities, but there's some massive chunks of land there going for 50$. Sure it's worthless now but….

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Kinda my thoughts. Won't be worth nothing forever and even if it is, it is hardly a big loss.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Housing in North America is always cheep, my aunt/uncle/cousins ran a hotel in St. Johns, Newfoundland, huge place, the moment it became un-profitable, they just locked the door and walked away.

There's so much land and houses are generaly wooden so unlkely to last >70 years and cost <£30,000 to build.

Obviously town centers are different where supply/demand makes the sitruation more like the UK, but beyond the big cities it's dirt dirt cheep.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Looks perfect for a

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Aren't these the houses that cused the credit crunch in the first place?

vinnyeh

I assume these are all repos?

houses are generaly wooden so unlkely to last >70 years

Never understood why people think that wooden houses are shortlived.

tankslapper
    Free Member

+1 some of Great Britain's oldest surviving buildings are 'wooden' e.g. Tithe Barns

coffeeking
    Free Member

Aren't these the houses that cused the credit crunch in the first place?

Not sure how a house causes a crunch. But BURN THEM ANYWAY!

Most wooden houses are short lived because they're made of small beams and rarely well treated, wood rots. Massive beam barns are well over-engineered and can last ages, especially if treated well.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Most wooden houses are short lived because they're made of small beams and rarely well treated, wood rots. Massive beam barns are well over-engineered and can last ages, especially if treated well.

The land is worthless, so why spend a fortune building a house on it thats going to outlive your children?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Not sure how a house causes a crunch. But BURN THEM ANYWAY!

People got loans on them. Defaulted. Banks loose lots of money. Banks stop lending. Credit crunch. Now being flogged off because nobody wants them.
    Like that. 🙁

I've seen this before, a lot of them are ripped apart inside, no walls, floors, stuff like that.

eckinspain
    Free Member

The average price of a home sold in the city last year has been put at $7,500 (£4,900).

😯

john_drummer
    Free Member

It's Detroit though. It makes Bradford look nice

blades2000
    Free Member

As pointed out to me by my Fiancee while i was in Detroit last year. "You know the film 8-mile"
    "Yes"
    "well this is 6-mile,its worse"

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

It's Detroit though. It makes Bradford look nice

Are you sure? 😉

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

10 acre plot in catskills

Nice 10 acre plot for mtb pleasure. Pitch up the tents and we're away, can we club together?

tonyg2003

I've been to Detroit a few times, in fact I'm going to visit a lab in Hamtramck this weekend. You couldn't pay me to have a house there. Is the most depressing place I've been to the the "first world". Crack addicts sitting around on pavements, derelict houses everywhere, really desolate. Not exactly the American dream.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

My mate has been over lots with work too. He went to the theatre with clients and they had armed guards to walk them from the theatre car park to the doors!

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Want a cheap home?’ is closed to new replies.