Home Forums Chat Forum Wallettrackworld – what new wallet for STW?

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Wallettrackworld – what new wallet for STW?
  • piemann
    Free Member

So, I lost my wallet last week and would like some suggestions for a replacement. The lost wallet was a gift from Mrs Piemann and was a nice, if a bit boring, leather number. Prior to that I worked my through three of the Jimi wallets, which I really liked, but they simply don’t last as the plastic hinges (particularly the lid) wear out and eventually snap off .

I really like the look of the Dosh wallets, but I find it very hard to justify spending £50 on a wallet.

I’m looking for some inspiration really.

Ta muchly.

Pie

camo16
    Free Member

Not something I can get hugely inspired about, but I’d opt for a wallet with a smoking pigeon on it. Thusly:

officialtob
    Free Member

[/close thread]

munrobiker
    Free Member

Jimi wallet and lose the ham fists. End of.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

TK Maxx is a good bet for a decent wallet. I got a nice Oliver Sweeney one in there for peanuts. They were still online for £50ish as well.

sc-xc

I got a Dosh wallet for £20 (reduced from £49.99) around Christmas time…

Deal no longer there, but some here for £33…

dosh

Best wallet I have ever used – 3 x cards, space for notes. Everything else was just junk.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Mine’s is made out of Duct tape – thusly

Except it has luminous strips as well, helping me find it in the dark, like so

OH hates it and keeps telling me it’s scruffy ad i need a new one. Simple application of some duct tape and, look at that good as not quite new.

Duane…
    Free Member

wolly
    Free Member

Something a bit different/special http://www.31trum.com/ he made me a wallet last year I love it

somafunk

Tk Maxx is the place for cheap wallets of all descriptions, i got an identical wallet to this LLoyd Baker one for 4.99, very soft leather and it’s got a snap pouch for my change.

DezB
    Free Member

You can buy Duct tape wallets? I thought the point of them was that you make em yourself.

trevron73
    Free Member

Mrs trevron bought me a Lamborghini wallet for my birthday 2 years ago and then some lamborghini gloves im 40 this year so here’s hoping???
    The wallet makes every purchase a pleasure

duckman

Harris tweed, leather interior, ordered Monday, arrived Thursday, £22 posted.

http://www.harristweedandknitwear.co.uk/shop_pages/HarrisTweedWallets.htm

piemann
    Free Member

Thanks all. Some nice ideas there.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I’ve got a Paul Smith cycling one the OH got me. Silk interior and printed leather bike bits inside

righog
    Free Member

I got a fabric Dakine wallet at TK max that I really like. It is now looking worse for wear after about 3 years of use, I was going to replace it, but after reading this looks like a Duct tape upgrade will be coming soon.

mtbfix

velo-re.com do some smashing wallets made of old tubes and all sorts of bits and bobs. Not super cheap but how often do you buy a wallet?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

http://www.blackleaf.com/Fox-Racing-Wallet-Fox-Leather-Trifold-Wallet-Black/blp2635.htm?utm_source=googlebase&gclid=CLSWyr_TkLYCFeXLtAodTEkAIg

I like mine. Only thing it doesn’t do is loose change but thats what trouser pockets (or purses if you’re of the fairer sex) are for.

rossi46
    Free Member

I like my Samuel L Jackson wallet…..

B_Leach
    Free Member

The problem with those ducti wallets is the sticky residue it leaves on your cards from the glue… stops them working in chip and pin machines :/

But if you can be arsed sending them back to America, they have a lifetime replacement guarantee. I didn’t replace mine due to the aforementioned issue…

rossi46
    Free Member

You can buy Duct tape wallets? I thought the point of them was that you make em yourself.

How To Make A Duct Tape Wallet

:wink:

crikey
    Free Member

Look at Alchemy Goods from http://www.izzivelo.com/ which is the lady half of http://www.dc-cycles.co.uk/

In Ulverston, in the Lakes.

Lovely bike shop; I go in when I’m up there, even if I don’t need anything.

Northwind

I like my Ducti, it’s very worn now but it’s been a good wallet, and it made me smile when I bought it which is all I ask really. Never had a problem with it stickying up my cards, incidentally,

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

The problem with those ducti wallets is the sticky residue it leaves on your cards from the glue… stops them working in chip and pin machines :/

5 years on and this hasn’t happened to me, are you sure the sticky residue was from the wallet and not from, ehhm, well, y’know..

But if you can be arsed sending them back to America, they have a lifetime replacement guarantee. I didn’t replace mine due to the aforementioned issue…

I never realised that they had that warranty, but they do, I must have missed Edinburgh being relocated to America though

CountZero

Rossi, thanks for the duct tape wallet wiki, I’m going to have a go at making one or two now.
    I tend to use Jimi wallets, they’re nice and small, I can easily attach a QR lanyard, like am Animal one, to keep from losing it, and, most important, they force me to carry the bare minimum of stuff: a debit card and a building society account card, my driving licence, an Oyster card, and my work security door card, plus money some stamps and a couple of coffee shop loyalty cards in the ‘lid’ side.
    I used to carry regular wallets, and wrecked several, including a really nice Oakley one, trying to carry too much crap in them.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

how resistant are those jimi wallets to being sat on, and if you do are they flexible enough to be comfortable in the back pocket or do they need moved?

Suggsey
    Free Member

After finall y wearing through my carbon fibre weave Oakley wallet of about 10 years I actually fell for a wallet that was shown on STW fresh goods. Its a Pelley wallet. Holds all my cards etc and keeps my tablets and cash dry and no more broken cash cards (one of the three reasons I got one). Oyster card and door access electronic chip cards work without having to get them out and its got a thin lanyard comes with it. Only downside is its a bit on the long side but then I wear combats daily and it sits nicely in the pocket or the pockets of my softshell. Not cheap (think it was £42) but has lifetime guarantee on it!!!

nealglover
    Free Member

and it’s got a snap pouch for my change.

Change goes in the trouser pocket, in a charity box, or in a buskers hat

It does not go in a wallet.

Ever.

(A wallet with change in it, magically becomes a “Purse” )

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Aspinal of London

eruptron
    Free Member

nealglover – Member
    and it’s got a snap pouch for my change.

Ever.

(A wallet with change in it, magically becomes a “Purse” )
    +1 there is something very wrong with a wallet with a change pouch :-(

somafunk

Don’t talk nonsense neil, loose change in my pocket?, why would i want a jingly jangly bulging pocket?. If i put change in my pocket it would wear a hole in my jeans, scratch my iphone (more than it is already) and be a pain in the arse/thigh/bollock whatever. Keep all the money in one place and it’s easier to deal with.

Call it a purse if you like but i know i’m right.

nealglover
    Free Member

You need a system.

Phone – left hand pocket (nothing else in there, ever, no scratches)
    Change/keys – right hand pocket (nobody apart from historical jailers need more than 2 keys at a time)
    (Anything smaller than 50p goes in a tramps hat to keep things sensible)
    Wallet – right hand back pocket (no change so still thin enough to sit on)

You can go freestyle with the left hand back pocket, be yourself, go wild.

househusband

why would i want a jingly jangly bulging pocket?

I agree – brother in law have me a kangaroo scrotum (he’s in Perth, WA) some twelve years ago and it’s great for keeping loose change in. Stops loose change jangling, hurting, wearing holes, etc., etc…

somafunk

I have a perfect system which involves having a empty malt whisky bottle container which all my small change goes into each day, by small change i mean 1p,2p,5p,10p and anything else goes back into the wallet and the wallet either lives in my rear right hand pocket when i wear jeans (see? – i agree wi you on that point) or in my crumpler weenie manbag middle pocket. I only go shopping once a week and very rarely spend £ during the day as i’m at work so don’t wear trousers as such, usually either my chocolatier trousers at that job or a boiler suit/mechanic apron and old endura 3/4’s at my bike shop job. I very rarely wear jeans and don’t own any proper trousers so i guess i am the odd exception to the rule regarding wallets and correct loose change carrying etiquette., i also can’t afford a social life so getting dressed up for a night out is an alien concept :D

deluded
    Free Member

‘Manbag’ Leather Wallet.

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Wallettrackworld – what new wallet for STW?’ is closed to new replies.