Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • Waitrose Heading North – Will that work?
  • Drac

Can’t be Northern, never heard of it.

geoffj

Can’t be Northern, never heard of it.

North Western – even Booths aren’t stupid enough to try to tame the Geordies and Mackems

And it is the best supermarket known to man.
    Always a treat in Windermere and Kendal.

derekrides
    Free Member

North West? The Lakes? I’ve been there, even played Northern Mastermind there once (It involves trying to hit a nail with the wrong end of a hammer), but never seen a store that could in anyway be described ‘Super’ called Booths.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Waitrose and booths have a gentlemans agreement not to tread on each toes so I doubt you’ll see a waitrose spring up in Lancashire or cumbria any time soon.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I only shop at Partridge’s on the Kings road and pick up local snacks on Gloucester Road. Ra ra!

Never thought I’d see such excitement over super markets.

TheBrick
    Free Member

bjj.andy.w – Member
    Waitrose and booths have a gentlemans agreement not to tread on each toes so I doubt you’ll see a waitrose spring up in Lancashire or cumbria any time soon.

Gentleman’s agreements only last as long as both sides can’t be bothered to fight.

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

bjj.andy.w – Member
    Gentleman’s agreements only last as long as both sides can’t be bothered to fight.

True

john_drummer
    Free Member

We have Booth’s in the North West and Lakes.

there’s one in Ilkley too. Great selection of beers. not bothered about the rest of their stock.

and there’s a Waitrose in Otley, not sure if that counts as treading on Booths’ toes

Stainypants

When i moved to Macclesfied the nearest waitrose was probably Welwyn Gardeb city. Now you can’t move for them round here. Just for bits mind you.

wallop

There’ll be a waitrose in Preston soon. What gentlemans agreement would that be then?

Raouligan
    Free Member

Didn’t work in Durham.

Waitrose for supermarket stuff and the local grocer for fruit and vegetables and handy stuff.

Every trip to Tesco is just depressing after a trip to Waitrose.

Quality of service in Waitrose is pretty seductive, if my local shop sold more of the stuff that Waitrose does I’d use that as the service locally is magic.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Well there is a Booths in Ilkley and then a Waitrose in the next town Otley, all of about 3 miles apart…

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘Waitrose Heading North – Will that work?’ is closed to new replies.