Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Vodafone
  • jools182
    Free Member

Following on from the Galaxy S2 v Iphone 4S thread, I think I’m looking at getting the 4S

It would mean after 10 years changing network from Orange to Vodafone

Just wondering for those of you on Vodafone, what are they like reception wise, and customer service wise?

Stoner
    Free Member

coverage is good, but bandwidth can be flakey in high density areas like paddington station in rush hour.

If you have trouble getting a good reception at home, then their Sure Signal box is a real winner. It produces a short range 3G signal in your home connecting just your phones (you register them to the box) to the network via your broadband connection. Works very well and Ive been using it a few years now.

Drac

Been with them for years find them very good and one of the more reliable for coverage but not for 3G it’s pretty poor. Orange or Ok, we use them for work and wife’s phone is Orange, but the coverage seems pretty poor. Never had trouble with Vodafone’s customer service always been helpful, Orange too for that matter.

Jamie
    Free Member

Just to give you an idea of 3G coverage:

Orange 3G Map

Vodafone 3G Map

Also, which probably will not bother you, it is less hassle to get the iPhone unlocked after your contract is up with Vodafone than Orange*

*This may be anecdotal.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Any time I’ve dealt with customer services at Vodafone, I’ve done it via their web team/twitter and they’ve been very helpful. Cant complain about coverage either. Been with them for 5 years or so and not felt the need to switch.

Furious

I swapped from Orange to Vodafone when getting an iPhone a couple of years ago. The switch was painless, I find the coverage good and despite concerns about their customer service (I always found Orange above average in this department) everything has been very good. When I upgraded to a 4S in December thy just unlocked my 4 on request, straight away.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I’ve been on Vodafone for about a year, seems to be better coverage than when I was on Orange and Virgin (which is T-Mobile I think…?) and 3G seems pretty consistent. Can’t comment on customer service as I’ve never had any dealings with them, although I’m on a SIM-only deal which might be a factor.

stumpy01

Vodafone signal = good
    Vodafone customer service = utter cak

I switched to them from Orange and they got EVERY bill for the first 18 months I was with them wrong. EVERY month. There would be additional insurance added or text packages or a combination of. When my bill arrived I used to call the customer service line as I opened it up, because I knew it would be wrong. And every time, the person who sorted it out would say that they couldn’t understand why it had happened, but they had fixed it and it wouldn’t happen again.

Then after years of things being OK, someone managed to ring up pretending to be me, changed my address to his, upgraded my contract to a £35/month tariff and got a new Blackberry sent to their address. I only found out when I got a phone call seeing whether I was happy with my new contract. It took me about 20 mins to persuade the woman on the phone that I didn’t live in a flat in Birmingham and that I hadn’t made the call to upgrade my tariff.
    Speaking with someone from Vodafone about it later, he said that they probably rang up said that ‘i’d forgotten my PIN code’ and the customer service person would have just let him get on with changing my details.
    They added a second PIN number and 2 security questions while resolving the problem, but no one ever asked for these when I rang up until I enquired about how they knew how I was who i said I was…..

They wouldn’t put my original tariff back, but offered me the closest thing they had which wasn’t very close and was going to cost me more and they offered me a phone upgrade that was pretty much the cheapest phone they had going…..

……so I went to T-Mobile instead…

nigew
    Free Member

I have been with Vodafone for years as they are they only provider that gives coverage in the house rather than stand on the roof on one leg to get a signal! (live in a dip)
    Their customer services have always been fine even over the New Year when all the local transmitters were down and they seemed to be stressed out!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Vodafone’ is closed to new replies.