Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Virgin Media
  • mcboo
    Free Member

Been getting bombarded with flyers from Virgin, they clearly want my business, BT dont sound like they give a monkeys and have just hacked me right off.

Want the usual stuff, fast-ish broadband, Sky Sports.

It worth switching? Currently get my broadband from BT and TV from Sky seperately, think I’m prob paying too much too.

jon1973
    Free Member

I’ve had the broadband, TV & Phone for a few years now, and recently got the Tivo box. Never looked back after switching from Sky. Plus they’re doubling my broadband speed later this year at no extra cost.

Don’t have the sport channels, just the basic. 10mb broadband and phone for about £38 / month.

mcboo
    Free Member

Just found a dealbreaker…..Virgin dont carry Sky Atlantic.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

Currently VM for everything, use to work for them and left on good terms so feel a bit of loyalty to them.

Broadband is fantastic, currently 30Mb and due to get an up lift to 60, but the lack of Atlantic is a bit annoying, although due to the great bb speed the shows are all obtainable with a bit of effort. Having said that I really like the look of skygo and it is starting to turn my head…..

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Just cancelled VM cable, for their service was well below what one would expect, and moved to BT phone line. BT’s 7 Megs dropping to 4 is far better than VM’s 10 dropping to zero.

mefty
    Free Member

My VM Broadband drops a fair bit too.

LMT
    Free Member

Picked up the Tivo box back in october, nice bit of kit, does everything it should. Pay about £38 for BB which is 20mb and going to be doubled next month and a 500mb Tivo box, very happy with it. No sky sports though will get that in august.

mcboo
    Free Member

Actually been quite a few people here (N.London) having problems losing their BB with Virgin. My parents have it in Scotland and like it a lot.

Went with Sky in the end. I was paying £45 for TV (incl Sports), going to be £64 for TV, phone and unlimited BB as a package. I think BT were charging me about £30 for phone and BB.

Note to BT….the only reason I looked into this was because my old wireless-g router needed replacing, BT wanted to charge me a fee for one of their Home Hub wireless-n routers. Virgin and Sky offered them free. I dont mean to penny pinch but I had been with BT in this house for 8yrs and never asked them for anything, just sent them a cheque every month. First time I need their help they put their hand in my pocket.

Thats the free market for you, thank you Mrs Thatcher.

sadmadalan

Have VM BB, Phone and TV, including Sky Sports – and have been very happy with it. Get 30MB all day every day, soon to be 60MB. Looking at Tivo box at the moment. VM V+ HD box is not as good as Sky+ but works well

Pieface

Virgin are a rip off for phone calls. 60ppm to 0845 numbers IIRC

meehaja
    Free Member

Virgin is great if everything works. If you’ve got a problem you’d be better off building a rocket, blasting out to space, grabbing the sattelite, realising you don’t know what you’re doing, fly back to earth spend 10 years studying physics/electronics/engineering, fly back to the appropriate sattelite, adjust it, fly back again, pull out some random wires from the green box on your road somewhere, turn your box off and on and pray it helps, as you will get no help from virgin media.

The best thing they did was to apologise for their shcking service they gave us a “free upgrade” to the full tv package. ONly they charged us for it, sending my wife over her overdraft limit, incurring bank fee’s. They then refused to refund any of it as they’d “lost the record of the conversation”. We don’t even own a f**king TV!

white101

i got a call last week asking if I wanted a free upgrade to a shiny new wireless box and some 100mb potential broadband access.
    wasnt costing me anything and BB does tend to drop if daughter is on laptop and I’m working on desktop so said yes (thinking it might help) I got all the usual waffle about what a great deal it was and how much these new hubs were worth. so I said yes.

Today 2 not 1, of these very expensive (their words not mine) hub, modem, wireless box thingys turned up. Bargain. still dont know where to start with them…it…I’ll leave it to my daughter.

smudge
    Free Member

On virgin too. Couple of years ago bb packed up and no joy with phone calls to Delhi. Wanted a week for a call out!! Out of desperation tweeted Richard Branson about the shocking service, within half hour had phone calls from VM and call out the following day and sorted the problem out within a few days. With daily phone calls to me with updates.
    So I know what I will do if/when it packs up again – I also got 3 months free service on top.

Radioman

Had a TOTAL NIGHTMARE with Virgin. I still feel angry! All happened a year ago & I posted on here. They sent flyers round promising “quick” connection. My next door neighbour uses them and I stupidly fell for their marketing as i wanted fast broadband and good service. The sad outcome was That our family had no phone or Internet for 3months(I. Finally gave up with them and went back to my old provider). Kids had to go to neighbours for Internet homework and we lost the phone number we had for over 10years. Virgin after getting me to sign up for their complete package including TV and mobiles didn’t mention that they wouldnt bother to connect me for months! After some time i got through to their “construction” guys who said they hadnt even scheduled the work needed outside my house with the local council! On the first day after signing when they were due to connect me, I took a day of work to supervise their installation. They did not turn up. I called them at midday and they said there were problems. That went on with various excuses for 3 months. I tried complaining to OFCOM but they couldn’t help as I hadn’t actually been billed for the line, although I was billed for the mobiles which were part of the “package”. I later found out the so and so’s had put my mobiles on a 2year contract! Virgin customer service was very poor and my complaint letters were just shunted around. A very bad experience! To be fair Virgin are the worst company I have ever had the misfortune to deal with.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Virgin themselves have been fine, we’ve been with them for years, offered decent customer service and the broadband has been super reliable since it went in.

Now on to a TiVo box, from a V+ box, and to be honest, I think it’s over-hyped tat that’s slow and an arse to use. The menus might as well say,

Would you like to watch this?
    click yes
    Would you like to watch it now?
    click yes
    Are you sure?
    Yes
    Now
    Yes
    Really?
    Yes
    This episode right here?
    Yes
    Sure?
    NO **** RIGHT OFF AND DIE YOU HATEFUL PIECE OF SHITE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Virgin Media’ is closed to new replies.