Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)
  • Vent your angst – what first world problem have you faced this week?
  • timidwheeler

I just can’t get my (adjusts in 15 different places) office chair adjusted perfectly. Can anyone recommend a company offering a fitting service?

Also Waitrose don’t stock the paprika I like anymore 🙁

Edit: CFH we posted at the same time. I feel your pain bro.

weeksy

Just been called a liar for not sending a cheque to someone…. i’m VERY angry about this… I mean really really angry… like i wouldn’t send the cheque…. !!!!!!

zilog6128

and then queue at the checkout to pay for it.

I’ve never had to queue at my local Waitrose. That’s the main reason I shop there!

Hohum
    Free Member

Turkey from M&S this year or somewhere else?

Hmmm, decisions, decisions!

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

As it’s so cold, I’m finding I can’t use my iPhone when I wear gloves.

binners

You’re having Turkey?

How frightfully proletariat. I presume you’re being ironic. Just make sure your guests are made fully aware of the fact

davidjones15
    Free Member

My man servant has the same complaint. My problem is whether to fire the old duffer before or after Christmas. 😐

binners

Neil. You’ve clearly not read the ‘Spurious First World Christmas Presents’ supplements in Saturdays G2

TA-DAAAAAAAAAA

hoodoo
    Free Member

Just read the electricity bill from my green supplier (good energy)and found that my consumption has doubled since I had a hot tub installed.

Cougar

Just been called a liar for not sending a cheque to someone….

I don’t believe you either. Who the hell sends cheques these days?

You can get special gloves now that work with touchscreens.

RustyMac

Can’t find a necklace remotely close to the design i have in my head that i wanted to give to my girlfriend as a christmas present. It would apear it is now to late to get something cutom made.

binners

Rusty – you tried the studio’s in here?

I reckon you’ll get something sorted there

IHN

I’ve never had to queue at my local Waitrose.

My local Waitrose is in Cirencester. Believe me, it’s popular; the car park is a sea of Range Rovers and the interior is a sea of tweed.

weeksy

Cougar – Member

Just been called a liar for not sending a cheque to someone….

I don’t believe you either. Who the hell sends cheques these days?

Tell me about it… apparently the internet is not a safe way of me sending money so had to be a cheque !!!!! deeply unimpressed !!!!

jota180
    Free Member

It would apear it is now to late to get something cutom made.

Can’t you just knock one out on the day?

Neil_Bolton
    Free Member

You can get special gloves now that work with touchscreens.

Do they come in Lesser spotted Angolian minkskin in purple?

Cougar

PERVERT!

Cougar

</obscure reference probably no-one will get>

Hohum
    Free Member

Do I take 2 bottles into the shower or not?

scaredypants

second bottle will be undrinkably warm by the time you get to it

hora
    Free Member

My bro in law wont lend me his new car as he thinks my driving is unhinged!

binners

Unhinged? I suppose driving at a steady 40mph in the outside lane, with a tartan blanket on your back shelf could be referred to as that, yes

bikebouy
    Free Member

My glasses steamed up on the way back from the Pub today after one of our “thank you’s” and I’m now typing in thick fog.

DaRC_L

My local Waitrose installed some eletrickery automated self-scan system – no one uses hence it has large queues for the few tills with staff.
    I’ve had to shop elsewhere…

Additionally the LoveFilm internet service doesn’t have anything near the range of the CD service, it’s jolly annoying

brooess
    Free Member

My boss insisting I do some work instead of living on STW.
    The cheek!

hora
    Free Member

Unhinged? I suppose driving at a steady 40mph in the outside lane, with a tartan blanket on your back shelf could be referred to as that, yes

I know! Why can’t you convey that to him. Tell him!! Funny seeing his face when I said it was easy to get a four-wheel drift in his old Golf 😀

Sui
    Free Member

Neil_Bolton – Member

+1, except i couldn’t use my HTC in Sweden this morning as it was minus 13 and my hands were f’king freezing after being on the phone for ages without gloves..

im now also delayed 2 hrs coming home 🙁 – that is my first world problem…

binners

Were you on a frozen lake at the time? You’d have trouble drifting a shopping trolley!!! 😆

atlaz
    Free Member

Waitrose have sold out of the proper sauscisson sec

The fact you’re buying it from Waitrose suggests it’s a third world problem. Clearly your gentleman’s gentleman should be having it brought over from the continent.

Over the weekend I had to visit two delicatessens to get all the things I needed. Quite why they can’t agree some overlap on products is beyond me. Oh and the barman in the restaurant across the way from me gave me the wrong drink. It’s not like I had to ask for it as he knows what I drink while I wait for my take-away but clearly doesn’t care enough to get the order exactly right.

hora
    Free Member

Were you on a frozen lake at the time? You’d have trouble drifting a shopping trolley!!!

I don’t think Ian who lives in Chorlton would ever get into a car with me again after I 4-wheel drifted and was busy looking at him laughing than where I was going 😀

mrsflash
    Free Member

I don’t actually know which site I will be working from in January. I may be staying here, I may be going to our head office. It doesn’t really matter, it’s the same job, possibly same boss possibly different boss. I’ve only got 3 working days left before the Christmas break, so at this rate I’ll just be guessing which site to turn up to on 2nd Jan.

And our bean to cup machine is broken. Again.

stumpy01

Some satsumas taste delicious & contain zero pips, while others from the same bag are insipid, just tough skin & full of seeds…!

How is this acceptable?!

legend
    Free Member

One of my heated wing mirrors has stopped working – oh the humanity! 🙁

Cougar

I don’t think Ian who lives in Chorlton would ever get into a car with me again after I 4-wheel drifted and was busy looking at him laughing than where I was going

Chorlton and the Wheelies! *sniggers*

titusrider
    Free Member

One of my younger collegues so loves our new instant messenger for work (lync) that i cant go five minutes without him filling me in on how its going, its driving me insane!

juanking

Currently sat in the BA T5 lounge hoping to get home at somepoint. Frankly the selection of old world white wines is disappointing.

Kryton57

I’ve just plugged in a Freeview box, only to find the Adult channels arn’t as free as I expected them to be.

RustySpanner

You get a free ten minutes at midnight.
    You even get a countdown timer.

IHN

only to find the Adult channels arn’t as free as I expected them to be

Dont worry, loads of good stuff stuff on the internet is free as you like, ahem, or so I read in the Guardian arts supplement.

davidjones15
    Free Member

You get a free ten minutes at midnight.

That should be plenty…………….. Shouldn’t it?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘Vent your angst – what first world problem have you faced this week?’ is closed to new replies.