Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Van Alarm woes
  • jimbobrighton
    Free Member

I got my T4 in december, have been fitting it out inside and cam to fir the leisure battery. While wiring a new wire onto the battery, the alarm went off. To be honest i didn’t even know this vehicle had one, so was a might surprised. Now whenever I re attach the battery terminals the bloody thing goes off.

I was never given a remote when I bought it, and there is no key pad or anything to key in a PIN.

the brand is Sigma, but thats’ all I know.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers,

jim

bwoolymbr
    Free Member

No idea I’m afraid. What I can tell you is when I had an alarm fitted to my car, it involved a load of wires (technical explanation) and so I’d be hesitant about messing around with it. Best thing would be to get an alarm fitter that works with Sigma alarms to come out and look at it, as you may be able to get a new remote fob but if not, it would need removing by someone that knows what they’re doing.

Out of interest, will the engine start with the alarm going off or does it immobilise it?

bramblerash
    Free Member

try posting the same question on http://www.vwt4forum.co.uk, what these lot know about T4’s remarkable, someone on there will definatly be able to help you.

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

cheers chaps

already been on T4 forum – advice was to “rip it out”

got a couple of ooptions – annoying though, I don’t want a fricking alarm!

bear-uk
    Free Member

Alarms usually do go off when the battery is reconnected. Just let it run its cycle and reset itself, then see what happens. BTW does it go off with the new wire disconnected?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

find the siren and disconect that?

At least it’ll be quiet while you fix the rest of it?

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Have youn tried putting the key in the ignition and turning it on.Some have a bead/sender in the key that has to be near the ignition to disarm it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Van Alarm woes’ is closed to new replies.