• This topic has 272 replies, 66 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 273 total)
  • US Election
  • 5thElefant
    Free Member

He is the Farage of the US incredibly popular with those who think like him and a joke/scary/laughable to almost everyone else.

What if Farage was up against Cherie Blair?

martinhutch

Good call. If the Democrats had any chance of a decent untainted candidate, I wouldn’t be in the least bit worried about Trump getting in.

DrJ

I get that but not all Republicans are stupid. You’d think at some point someone would get bored with the bluster and destroy him with some detail.

At what point will the statement made by his wife that he raped her be brought up?

ninfan
    Free Member

I don’t think that Hillary is going to be shouting too much about historic rape allegations is she?

porter_jamie

what an absolutely terrifying prospect. and don’t give her ideas. can you imagine.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Junky I absolutely want the UK electorate to be able to vote on a Corbyn agenda. I want them to do this as I think it will put to bed hard left polotics for a generation. I think in practice the Labour party will kick him out well before the GE. The Scots will get a say though.

@nick thats not the correct analysis. Republicans will vote for the candidate who wins the nomination. Its increasingly unclear whether floating voters will vote Trump or Clinton.

@DrJ and you think he’s not ready for that ? People are terrified of him, all the muck thats been thrown at him has come back with interest and he has been the one to raise the “sex abuse” issue with regard to Bill Clinton. He’s hardly shying away from it.

A Skiy commentator today said Trumps biggest weakness is that historially he has not been right wing (eg in favour of abortion) and thus more rightwing candidates could beat him there.

ninfan
    Free Member

A Skiy commentator today said Trumps biggest weakness is that historially he has not been right wing (eg in favour of abortion) and thus more rightwing candidates could beat him there.

Would be an interesting gambit if he had gone ugly early to get the nomination, then reigned it all in later with far more centrist positioning in the actual election. Of course one of the elements ther would be that the left wing had thrown around so much fire and fury early on (doomed, we’re all doomed) that by the time of the main election campaign it just sounded like hyperbole (ie. People had heard so much of it, they had switched off to it)

chewkw
    Free Member

As long as it’s not that Clinton woman that becomes President even a communist leader is fine …

That woman!

That woman is disgusting. 😮

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junky I absolutely want the UK electorate to be able to vote on a Corbyn agenda. I want them to do this as I think it will put to bed hard left polotics for a generation

I know its what I said your real/full position was. NO iea why you posted that as simple yes would have sufficed.

That not the real reason you wanted him [corbyn] now is it you want to rejoice in his failure at doing this.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Mexico wont be paying for a wall- why would they its madness to think this.

The Trump logic is something like this I think;

Mexico benefits hugely from a trade deal with the US allowing them to export to the US with reduced trade tarriffs
    Mexcians working illegally in the US send home significant amounts of money benefitting the Mexican economy. Also of course there aren’t the jobs in Mexico

Trump will threaten both unless the Mexcians pay for the wall, ripping up or renegotaiting it and sending illegal immigrants home (largely ignored at present)

Junkyard
    Free Member

The Trump logic is something like this I think

Well if one person on here can explain Trump “logic” then it will indeed be you 😉

I dont think Trump actually thinks about how he will achieve what he wants to achieve he just says what he wants without actually considerign if it is even remotely possible.

nickc

and sending illegal immigrants home

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

konabunny
    Free Member

I have said several times, the short term pain of a Trump presidency, could be a good thing for world politics. It could end the American political philosophy imperialism that we are currently suffering and create a stronger and more humane political movement with the US on the outside.

Unfortunately, evil powerful dickheads are found worldwide. The EPDs outside the US will use the EPD in the White House as a recruiting tool. An EPD in the White House doesn’t solve anyone’s problems.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@nick I would not put it past Trump to have some sort of public “round up”

Touche JY 🙂 I always try and understand the logic of all sides

I really doubt a Trump Presidency would end “American Imperialism”, Bush only lost due to the financial crises and Obama’s unduely hasty and mismanaged exit from Iraq was actually worse for Middle East stability than Bush’s invasion.

chewkw
    Free Member

nickc – Member

and sending illegal immigrants home

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah [/quote]

What’s wrong with that? It’s the nature of things really.

They breach immigration rules they get send home over the boarder …

If you have the will you have the way … both side fight to see who endure. Simple.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not pragmatic, Chewie. They may be illegal, but they’re also essential to the US economy.

GrahamS

Apparently Trump could have totally shagged Lady Diana if he had wanted to:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/princess-diana-donald-trump

😯

chewkw
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    It’s not pragmatic, Chewie. They may be illegal, but they’re also essential to the US economy.

I am sure there are better ways of organising employment especially when they come from the south. i.e. give them work permit for a period of time then recycle the quotas … really not that difficult.

Essential or not it is playing “… catch me if you can …”. It’s all a gamble for both sides.

GrahamS – Member
    Apparently Trump could have totally shagged Lady Diana if he had wanted to:

I think they might be meant for each other? Yes? 😛

ninfan
    Free Member

“She had the height, she had the beauty, she had the skin — the whole thing,” Trump said, before adding that “she was crazy, but these are minor details.”

Can’t fault his judgement 🙂

whatnobeer
    Free Member

@nick thats not the correct analysis. Republicans will vote for the candidate who wins the nomination. Its increasingly unclear whether floating voters will vote Trump or Clinton.

Trump is incredibly unpopular amongst democrats and independent voters.

Contra Rupert Murdoch’s assertion about Trump having crossover appeal, Trump is extraordinarily unpopular with independent voters and Democrats. Gallup polling conducted over the past six weeks found Trump with a -27-percentage-point net favorability rating among independent voters, and a -70-point net rating among Democrats; both marks are easily the worst in the GOP field. (Trump also has less-than-spectacular favorable ratings among his fellow Republicans.)

Donald Trump Is Really Unpopular With General Election Voters

If you read the rest of the link Sanders is the only candidate with a positive rating. I’d love to see him get the nomination, and I’d say he’s exceeding expectations on how well he’d perform in the primaries.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It a blindingly obvious that trump has a popular core vote

Its blindingly obvious almost everyone else stares cannot imagine voting for him and are probably quite worried he might actually win

GrahamS

Here is a lovely photo of The Donald with his daughter Ivanka:

Of whom he has variously said:

You know who’s one of the great beauties of the world, according to everybody. And I helped create her. Ivanka. My daughter, Ivanka. She’s six feet tall, she’s got the best body.”

she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.

Yeah, [Ivanka’s] really something and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married, and ya know, her father…

😯

Oh. Guess what thing he said he has “Most in common with your daughter”: (skip to 2:00)
    [video]https://youtu.be/MCYAz06_Ppg[/video]

Junkyard
    Free Member

if only his libido was as under control as his hair

slowoldman

Jesus. At least Jimmy Saville was only a disc jockey.

What a creep.

Notter
    Free Member

Even the parrot statues are vomiting in that picture.

GrahamS

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drWh6vBa45k[/video]

This anti-Trump video is currently sitting at 13k Likes, but 10.5k Dislikes.

The comments are interesting. The pro-Trump group describe anti-Trumps as “wimps”, “hipsters”, “weak”, “liberal agenda”, “liberal mindset”, “beta males” etc

“Liberal” in particular is very much a dirty word to them It is consistently used an an insult.

They admire the Trump “Alpha Male”, tough talking, testosterone and guns, racist, sexist, insult everyone and DGAF, knee jerk, poorly considered opinions.

It’s what they want and it looks increasingly like what they are going to get!

slowoldman

I think being a liberal in the good ol’ US of A is like being labelled impotent or weak. They have a political system built on 2 extremes with no concept of compromise.

konabunny
    Free Member

Rubbish

GrahamS

GrahamS

nice “Last Week Tonight with John Oliver” video all about Trump, catching him out on many lies.

https://www.facebook.com/LastWeekTonight/videos/851020811693596/ 😆

mefty
    Free Member

You would have thought that if Mussolini came back from the dead he would have something better to do that spend his time on Twitter.

chewkw
    Free Member

Not because people want Trump but because they do not like others (including that Clinton woman) more than him. 😆

Northwind

I wonder how many people are going “Don’t know who this Mussolini guy is but he must be great if Donald retweeted him”

Have to say, Trump’s response is pretty reasonable. It’s a funny joke but not everything a dictator said is necessarily bad, and quoting it doesn’t mean you identify with the dude who said it. Just look at Junkyard, he spends all day every day quoting people he disagrees with.

aracer
    Free Member

http://gawker.com/how-we-fooled-donald-trump-into-retweeting-benito-musso-1761795039

Our Fascist bot was anything but subtle. It was, after all, directly named after Mussolini. The New York Times today swiftly recognized that it was a parody account. At the time of the account’s creation, Gawker Media Executive Editor John Cook expressed some concern that the joke behind the account was far too obvious, and wouldn’t trick anyone but a complete idiot.

Today, Donald Trump proved him—and all of us—right.

TooTall
    Free Member

An EPD in the White House doesn’t solve anyone’s problems.

No. But if you’re a disenfranchised blue collar / middle class worker in the US who has seen their perceived quality of life declining over the last 2 decades and someone ‘tells it how it is’ from outside ‘overblown DC’, then you might believe in his rhetoric.

That’s why Trump and Sanders are so appealing to so many. They are not the establishment which, on both sides, appears broken.

chewkw
    Free Member

I like the quote from Dear Leader Mao

“Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun”.

JoeG
    Free Member

jambalaya
    Free Member

I think being a liberal in the good ol’ US of A is like being labelled impotent or weak. They have a political system built on 2 extremes with no concept of compromise.

@slow I’d agree with the first part, Liberal is very much an insult in American politics, associated with being weak. However I don’t think American politics has two extremes, they have two right wing parties with the Democrats being to the right of the Tories.

Trump is going to finish the job today effectively winning the nomination by some margin 😯

These idiots thinking they’ve scored some petty points regarding Mussolini better hope the Democrats can come up with something better or Trump will be President.

dazh

“My whole life has been money,” he declared. “I want money, I want money. Greed. I was greedy, I want more money, more money. Now they come up, ‘Donald, I’d like to give you $10m for your campaign.’ I go, ‘I don’t want it.’”

“It’s hard, because my whole life, I take money, take money. Now, I’m going to be greedy for the United States. I’m going to take and take and take.”

“We’re going to take, take, take, take. We’re going to become rich again and then we’re going to be great again … We can’t be great unless we’re going to make ourselves rich again.”

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/mar/01/super-tuesday-crisis-republican-party-trump-heads-for-victory

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 273 total)

The topic ‘US Election’ is closed to new replies.