Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Updated bike pic!
  • hughjayteens
    Free Member

Gave my bike some much needed TLC at the weekend so thought I’d take a pic to share!

Updates since my last pics are:

Fox Talax 36RC2 160mm (to replace Maverick DUC32s)
    715mm Sunline Bars
    Easton Havoc 60mm stem
    Clear FSA bashring
    New XT brakes (so much better than the Hope Tech M4s they replaced)
    Reverb seatpost (to replace Maverick Speedball)

It rides so much better on the bigger stuff with the new forks and wide bars but still climbs brilliantly with the forks dropped down. Total weight is circa 30lbs now which is pretty good for a 160mm bike (it was down to 28lbs at one point with the DUC32s but felt quite compromised) and although I had planned to buy a new bike this year if business continues to go well, I have no idea what I could replace it with that I like as much! Rode my mates’s carbon Nomad recently and it doesn’t feel any better at anything at all and cost him over £4.5k so maybe I’ll treat it to some 10spd XTR and maybe some kashima forks (or just not bother!)

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Sorry Hugh but thats a mess. I’ve got an Orange 5 so I should know!

tazzymtb

they only look right with maverick forks. Duc 32’s are ace, easy to work on and just play with the damper shims to tune it to how you want it to behave.

as long as You like it though who cares 😀

takisawa2

Nice. Like the colour. Reminds me of my 04′ Enduro. Loved that bike. Funny how with some bikes you don’t appreciate them until you’ve sold them. 🙁
    What shock is it on there…?

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I did think the DUCs were great forks and suited the bike really well for general riding (looked great too!), but the Talas are 20mm longer A2C and the slacker head angle makes a big difference downhill, as does the huge stiffness increase. The shock is Maverick’s own which I had tuned to slow down the rebound a lot which again, helped on the bigger hits.

Here it is with the DUCs:

ononeorange

My eyes…..!

xiphon
    Free Member

Hmmm looks like a cheap halfords frame.

ruscle
    Free Member

You made some good improvements, only mistake imo is swapping out the Hope brakes.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

on the second pic why is the speedball backwards?

hughjayteens
    Free Member

Mavericks have always been a little marmite I guess but it rides so well I don’t care! The build quality is incredible – far better than friend’s Santa Cruz’s etc. The new XT brakes are on a different level to the Hope’s in every area apart from looks, feels like at least 50% more power for any given finger input but with equal modulation and feel.

The speedball is reversed as the lever was pressed by the saddle flexing when it was the ‘right’ way round – its OK on some saddles but not the Spoon.

AlexSimon

Oh how I wish there had been continued development of the Mavericks.
    All that talk of the prototype on MTBR, sniff, sniff.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I always think at a penis is an ugly thing. However if my penis looked as ugly as that bike I’d hit it with a brick.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I guess beauty must be in the eye of beholder when it comes to bikes and penii!

mboy
    Free Member

Miniscule thread hijack…

Went out on mine today for a midweek ride for a friends birthday, just fitted some new bars (Sunline 762 flats) the other day and IMO I definitely prefer the lower front end now, but then it is of course horses for courses… Anyway, here’s a muddy pic of it against a tree…

Anyway, I love the look of Mavericks myself (though am prepared to accept they are a bit like Marmite for most), but even if they were the ugliset bike on the planet I’d still have one as they just ride so bloody well! Nothing else out there rides quite like one, and I’m totally with you that even if I had a load of money to replace it with (which I don’t, I’m more skint than I’ve ever been right now!) all I’d do would be give it a full service and maybe some better/lighter/more bling parts, but that would be it.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Need a large helping of this.. 🙂

reedspeed
    Free Member

Err,No !

hughjayteens
    Free Member

pmsl

mboy
    Free Member

teetoosugars, save the eye bleach for later, you’ll need it when I fit a layback Thomson post on it… The wrong way round! 😉

matt_outandabout

I like it.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Updated bike pic!’ is closed to new replies.