Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Universal Mech Hanger??
  • DavidM
    Free Member

Yep, it’s the murky world of mech hangers. I’ve got an old ’04 Enduro frame, and I’ve managed to knock the lower part of the lower hanger bolt whole clean of, and as such the hanger is attached only by the top one. Problem is now that upon removing the rear wheel, the tension of the chain has pulled the mech & hanger towards the center of the bike and caused the top bolt to snap, leaving one half in the frame. Seen as it is an old frame, I doubt I’ll get a new rear triangle from anywhere, which leads me to ask, does anyone know if there would be some kind of universal mech hanger I could use???

Any help is greatly appreciated.

druidh
    Free Member

Something like this??

steveh

You can get some very cheap mechs that have a pressed steel dropout on which fits to the axle. Maybe you could cannabalise one of them? There are some emergency mech hangers on ebay too that might help.

GrahamA
    Free Member

Have a look at BETD it looks like a Specialized Number 12 might be just what you are looking for.

DavidM
    Free Member

Cheers guys, lots of help. Not entirely sure how I missed the emergency one on CRC, looks promising – allthough I assume it will cause the mech to be taken off whenever The back wheel is off, which is basically the situation I’m in now. I’m using the normal hanger at present with it held in by the tension on the quick release so I am not sure I am actually saving anything. Hmmmm…. It would be nice to have a more long term solution but this seems to be a bit moon on a stick at present.

Thanks again

jamest
    Free Member

Yeah, second for BETD they are excellent quality and stock loads of old mech hangers, good service too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Universal Mech Hanger??’ is closed to new replies.