Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 132 total)
  • Unfortunate names
  • BlindMelon
    Free Member

Went to school with a Roger McCracken, as if that wasn't bad enough a few years later his younger brother Phil joined the school. I kid you not.

Also used to work in travel and booked a Mick Dundee to Australia

simonjf63
    Free Member

I used to work with a chap whose surname was Dick – he called his children
    Iona
    Shona
    Fabrizio (Fab)
    Their primary school encouraged him to use the mother's maiden name…..

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Mmmm, used to work with a couple of guys called Dick Dipper and Reg Chicken.

We used to have someone called Pinki Kok, but I think Wayne Kerr still works in one of the other offices.

Skyliner
    Free Member

In my class at junior school we had a Mark Brown. Not funny, but how we laughed every day when the teacher read the register as 'Brown Mark'!! And he had to say 'Yes Miss'!

swisstony
    Free Member

I'm a teacher and there's been a few funny ones but in one class this year there's a boy who's first name is Beckham and a girl who's first name is Princess Diana.

Trimix
    Free Member

I worked with a bloke whos surname was "Loverseed" yuck.

Also a chap told me he was glad he wasnt christend "Quentin". I asked why and he said because his surname was "Cumberpatch", so it would be "Q Cumberpatch".

clunker

Went to school with a girl called Gaye Wally

woffle
    Free Member

I know a Mr and Mrs Zapp and their daughters, the four Miss Zapps…

True.

fozzybear
    Free Member

best one is a IT guy i have to work with
    german fella

gothard dickman!
    i kid you not.. i fired a mouthful of coffee over my monitor the first time i had a meeting with him,,

allyharp

The Computer Science Department at Glasgow uni was a haven for unfortunate names

There was a Dr Gay, a Dr Cockshott AND a Dr Manlove! Also a Prof. called Muffy Calder.

http://www.dcs.gla.ac.uk/contacts/search.cfm?position=academic

joe1983
    Free Member

My surname is head (but spelt slightly differently) so there are many comical variations. Luckily my parents were kind enough to avoid any obvious pitfalls like Richard, although my sister was nearly named Holly. Said sister has since married a guy with surname Williams, but being a modern (awkward) woman she took a double barrelled name with our surname first.

Was shopping in Monsoon with her about two months ago, she reaches to her purse for her credit card with the name Mrs Head-Willi as they couldn't fit the whole thing on the card. I shit you not the whole shop knew about it by the time I had regained my composure. Admittedly probably funnier for me than you.

shooterman

Once had to telephone a woman called Karen Fuchs. After much deliberation I pronounsed it ****.

Used to have a GP called Dr Dick. His father worked in the same practice. My wife took fiendish delight in telling me she had big dick or wee dick when she had to visit the good doctors.

Straightliner

Working for an American company, we've had a lot of fun looking through the corporate directory for the 'interesting' sounding ones.

We've got a:
    Randy Stagg
    Rocky Mountain
    Fanny Tan
    Fanny Jaber
    Dick Hunter
    Chu Kok Sing
    Liki Li

And of course I got friends to chip in with ones from their company's:
    Roger Cocks
    Richard Swallow
    Fanny Gooh
    Genghis Khan

But for me, the all time favourite has been:
    Fanny Clitterini

xcgb
    Free Member

Randy Bumgardener!

stevemcnalls
    Free Member

We had a guy at University called Peter Ness doesn't seem to bad until

P. Ness

His brother was Alan

wonnyj
    Free Member

There'a a lad on here who goes out with a Joy Bringer (who does meridas). More fortunate than unfortunate surely?

cbike
    Free Member

Pocohontas MacGlinchy – Pollok

Guess when she might have been born…If only it were an urban myth!!

uplink
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

My sister's surname is Pople. No problem here but it's German for bogey. As in the contents of your nose, not thing that wheels go on or enemey plane.

Spaceman
    Free Member

There's a guy works for our head office in the states called Randy Ryder.

My lass used to deal with a lady in china called Fanny Pad.

My doctor when I lived in Leeds was called Dr P Iles

I used to know an asian carpenter, Ahmed Ashed. (joke!)

zarquon
    Free Member

Used to work with a Swiss guy called Hans Imoff. The Swiss dullards could never quite understand the snickering on behalf of the UK contingent….

glenh
    Free Member

A friend of mine once met a guy called Dickon Horsey.

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Used to run the bar at my local golf club. There was quite a prolific golfer who used to win a lot of competitions called Michael Hunt.

The M.C. at the prize presentations would always announce…"and the winner is…Mike Hunt"! 😈

DustyLilac
    Free Member

In a previous job there was a Matt Rogers and a Guy Roughly, not really amusing in isolation, but they worked in the same department and their names appeared in the department role call alphabetically:

Matt Rogers
    Guy Roughly

miketually
    Free Member

A colleague used to work with a Bob Sole. He got mail addressed to Mr R Sole.

steelytail
    Free Member

Locally to me there is a girl (probably a teenager or older now) called

Pocahontas McGuinty.

Goz
    Free Member

Our village milkmans name was richard head….we just called him dick.

Pippalarge
    Free Member

Slightly off topic – but best cycle team name ever?

Spotted at a race in Italy this year

Lionheart
    Free Member

When I was a lad near Stoke, the bike shop was run by Eric Carless and the butcher was Roger Bull,

Pippalarge
    Free Member

Back on topic…

I worked with a lady called Wendy Ankers – all our name badges except hers included our surname and one initial, she got her full name for obvious reasons…

Some (unverified) classics:

Annette Curtain
    Hugh Jardon
    Duane Pipe

And possibly the most unfortunate: Peter File

Pippalarge
    Free Member

Ed Balls' sister is apparently called Orphelia

tonyg2003

German company I worked for a couple of years ago (in your best Hello, Hello accent) Bernd Koch. Much backhanded sniggering amongst us juvenille brits.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

There was a lad in the local paper on an assult charge called……..

Philip Micheal Hunt. I sh!t thee not.

Class.

timwillows
    Free Member

Used to know both a Jo king and a Jenny Tailor

Airwolf
    Free Member

My favourite is someone my girlfriend used to work with called… wait for it…..

Dick Raper

Oh dear.

stilltortoise
    Free Member

if you live in Buxton you may be fortunate enough to have your carpets fitted by Michael Hunt and your plumbing done by Paul Mycock. Titter titter 😆

FoxyChick
    Free Member

I do think the chief of the health and safelty exec. has quite an unfortunate name… Justin McCracken! But at least it's not Philip!

john_drummer
    Free Member

My sister went to school with Carmen Gentle

and we had a Randy Rogers in our Tampa office until quite recently

BigCol
    Free Member

At work we have Isabelle Ender.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Always wondered if there was a woman anywhere called Helen Back.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘Unfortunate names’ is closed to new replies.