Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Underwater perv cam?
  • iDave
    Free Member

do you think it would be against public swimming pool rules to place a camera on the bottom to video my ‘stroke’?

also, while you swimmers are here, what googles would you recommend for triathlon type activities?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I don’t think stroking or petting is allowed anyway.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Completely, even mobile phones are not allowed in our public pool.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Zoggs predator polarized?

I witnessed a woman go bat shit crazy in the pool at my gym as some triathletes were filming each others strokes. Something about kids’ faces, breach of privacy.

I think she was more worried that Green Peace were going to come and liberate her.

alfabus
    Free Member

No mention of hi tech perving here:

MaryHinge
    Free Member

That’s a no-no.

And Aquasphere Kayenne.

cp

Wont be allowed without prior consent of the pool management, and prob then only during a private booking.

Goggles? Ones which fit. Some people faces fit some better than others. I have a large nose, and most just don’t fit correctly, are painful or leak, or both.

Be prepared to try a few!!

Zoggs predators do get good reviews.

Open water on a sunny day – tinted ones are good.

open water on a dull day – clear for max visibility of course markers.

Down the local pool – clear ones.

thepurist

If there’s a diving (as in sub aqua) club that uses the pool for training try asking them if you can do it in their session for a few quid. Someone might even volunteer to act as cameraman for you.

jon1973
    Free Member

I suggest that if you do approach the local pool to ask permission, don’t refer to it as your ‘perv cam’. It may not get you off on the right foot.

nedrapier

You could disguise it in one of those rubber bricks they get people to fetch from the bottom. You might get someone fetching it though. And you’ll probably get in trouble when they think you’re trying to steal their equipment.

Your best bet is to break in under cover of night and steal the security/safety tapes of the pool.

Or organise a lengthy and complex subterfuge involving fake Local Authority inspections/surveys and mandatory re-lining of the pool, and installing the camera and transmission equipement in the walls/floor of the pool. Probably stick a load in all over in case one of the lanes is taken. You can do that last bit yourself by getting a job in with one of the contractors, or by paying off one of their guys. You’d need a multi-disiplinarian grouter/electrician, though.

HTH

jota180
    Free Member

When you say “stroke”

Doh1Nut

You can take a waterproof camera in a public swimming pool if you sign the “I am not a Peado I promise” register, but not allowed to film underwater.
    Was trying to get a Nirvana style underwater swimming baby shot of my kid but we failed mostly because I was too good at floating.

You could try your local Scuba club – most privately hire a pool for an hour a week for training (usually late on a week night).
    One of the members of our club regularly takes in a full SLR with strobes on tripods. I imagine a go-pro on the pool bottom would be no-problem.
    The pool we use is Hammersmith, but I think you are up north

N

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

iDave – the way I see it with your current stalker situation you’ve not got much to lose… so the boys in blue take your PC away from you for a thorough investigation… they might get so hacked off with all the spam they go and sort the stalker out whilst they’re at it.

joao3v16
    Free Member

do you think it would be against public swimming pool rules to place a camera on the bottom to video my ‘stroke’?

I’m surprised the questions even been asked, considering we live in a society where anyone seen with a camera in a public place is automatically viewed as a raving paedophile or planning a terrorist atrocity …

bigyinn
    Free Member

iDave – Member

I assume you don’t mean the vinegar one? 😯

roper
    Free Member

If you can’t take a camera in, why not hire a court artist? Some of the lines might be a big blury but I’m sure they could get a good likeness.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How about adding loads of plaster of paris to the water and taking a cast of your stroke instead?

molgrips
    Free Member

There are places that do swimming stroke assessment for individuals or groups, but it costs. Of course it’s less if you have more people going. Tell Yeti it’ll make him fast and I’m sure he’ll cough up.

Tri clubs know about them, I was invited on one a while ago.

aracer
    Free Member

Join a tri club (or if there isn’t a convenient one, the local swimming club), swim in one of their private sessions. You should be OK to film what you like in one of those sessions. A couple of bonuses to that approach – a) you’ll probably also get some proper swim coaching b) any other swimmers you happen to accidentally film are likely to be far better to watch than in a public swim session (obviously I’m referring to swimming technique for comparison with your own).

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I saw an advert for one of those Molly… they’re about £60.

Will it make me look fast, that is the question.

roper
    Free Member

How about adding loads of plaster of paris to the water and taking a cast of your stroke instead?

Or just find out where there is some building work going on. If they have laid some cement dive right in. Safe you a few quid on entrance fees.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

The butler films me from the bottom of ones private Olympic sized swimming pool in one of ones conservatories.

Ones friends (pro swimmer) uses one of those tanks were a water current is pushed against you and you are filmed in slow motion. I could ask him for details?

roper
    Free Member

uses one of those tanks were a water current is pushed against you and you are filmed in slow motion.

is any of this golden?

aracer
    Free Member

Ones friends (pro swimmer) uses one of those tanks were a water current is pushed against you and you are filmed in slow motion. I could ask him for details?

Or if you can’t stretch to that, there’s always this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSv_9dw2oRA[/video]

iDave
    Free Member

I think I’m going to get to the pool for 7am and hope no one else is there, best not to ask permission for these things….

northdownsouth
    Free Member

+1 for an “endless pool” session thingy- not done one but they look pretty pro 😛

trailmonkey

beautiful 😆

oliverd1981
    Free Member

uses one of those tanks were a water current is pushed against you and you are filmed in slow motion.

Can a flying fish take off out of one of these?

aracer
    Free Member

😆

martinxyz
    Free Member

Probably. I have a few vids of flying squirrels floating for minutes at a time in a stiff breeze.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

endless pools seem to be popular amongst triathletes but they are not great if you are wanting to work on technique – they certainly make it easier to analyse and video the stroke but the problem there is that you will have different stroke going against the current in an endless pool than a normal pool. Its nothing like an open water current either

as for the video if you go early and no-one else is in i’m sure they wont mind too much providing you agree to take it out if anyone does arrive.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

So I see you’re still a free man… did you get some good footage?

iDave
    Free Member

Too many people in the pool to risk it this morning. So I focused on not drowning.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I take it you didn’t drown?

My swimming has plateaued… how the hell people do 1min per 100m splits I don’t no.

iDave
    Free Member

I was able to do 26% of the necessary distance, quite slowly. Brimming with confidence issues.

joemarshall
    Free Member

Go to the pool at a quiet time, and ask them.Ours have a form to sign if you want to take pics in the public session and you have to promise not to film anyone else.

Early in the morning not a quiet time,usually pretty busy,weekday daytimes when there aren’t lessons on are quiet usually.

You’d find it a million times easier to get a good film with someone else to help.

Like people say above, triathlon clubs do this, some of them have the gear so they don’t have to charge a fortune getting someone in. Worth joining one anyway if you want to improve your stroke, having regular coaching is probably a much better way to get smooth than purely self analysing.

Joe

llama

+1 join a tri club who can coach you (or a swim club for that matter, its probably cheaper and better)

or post the vid here and us armchair swimmers can give you some pointers

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Underwater perv cam?’ is closed to new replies.