• This topic has 99 replies, 56 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by mrmo.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)
  • UKIP on cycling…
  • bigblackshed

The art of winning the hearts and minds of the voting public…………

argoose
    Free Member

Which telly tubby was he again?

toby1

Hmm, I’m Canbridge based, I pay a higher rate of VED because I have a car that isn’t very efficient and yet I commute to work by bike out of choice. I think my vote will be for him, he sounds like my kind of guy.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The art of winning the hearts and minds of the voting public…………

UKIP is very much the party formed by, and specifically designed for, the proverbial “Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells”.

Being insulting and offensive to those you disagree with is considered to be a virtue and a sign of strength.

As an example, that is why Farage clearly basked in the glory of the outrage he created when he called Belgium (AKA Brave Little Belgium during WW1) as a “non-country”, and the jeers he received when he said to the EU President’s face that he had “the charisma of a damp rag” and the appearance of a “low-grade bank clerk”.

That sort of behaviour wins UKIP votes. Although it obviously costs them votes too. It does however generate huge publicity, and UKIP receives far more publicity than their general level of support deserves.

samuri
    Free Member

I sent him an email this morning to which he replied very promptly.

Obviously my well reasoned argument didn’t change his opinion.

tbark22
    Free Member

I particularly liked Tom KERBY(Conservative Party)
    His answers were brilliant and was clearly very keen to get his view on the subject noticed. 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

To be fair the website has only just been amended in the last couple of hours to include the Green Party’s answers. Perhaps the Conservative Party candidate will be able to contribute later – with elections less than a week away it’s a very busy time for candidates. Although I would expect the Cambridge Conservatives to have a formidable election machine.

mrchrispy

Peter BURKINSHAW (UK Independence Party) is a prize tool. End of story.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I’m gutted as I missed them posting flyers this morning 🙁 I wanted to return it to them telling them to take their M&S BNP values elsewhere.

takisawa2

Oh come on…this whole UKIP thing helps keep a certain thick, stupid, arrogant group of people busy talking crap that will never amount to anything, much like UKIP itself. Let them eat cake.

wolf75k
    Free Member

Ha I wonder what everyone here will be voting for. Tories most likely. Maybe Labour. Wonder how much more Britain is going to have to decline before the dim witted idiots that make up the population of these islands realise our two party system is clearly not working.

wolf75k
    Free Member

Ha I wonder what everyone here will be voting for. Tories most likely. Maybe Labour. Wonder how much more Britain is going to have to decline before the dim witted idiots that make up the population of these islands realise our two party system is clearly not working.

chutney13
    Free Member

The irony. You are a moron.

user-removed
    Free Member

Is wolf75k Peter BURKinshaw? From what I’ve read today, nothing would surprise me.

wolf75k
    Free Member

Yes clearly anyone who isn’t a Labour or Tory voter is a UKIP candidate. I didn’t even comment on the cycling issue. I think Burkinshaw is an idiot and he needs to get kicked from the party.

I was responding to the sheep on here who are happy to sit here taking the piss out of UKIP when as soon as the next election comes they’ll pop into the station and put in a vote for the Cons or new Labs for no other reason than the fact that that’s who their old man voted for.

Lifer
    Free Member

wolf75k – Member
    I was responding to the sheep on here who are happy to sit here taking the piss out of UKIP when as soon as the next election comes they’ll pop into the station and put in a vote for the Cons or new Labs for no other reason than the fact that that’s who their old man voted for.

Who’s done that? Please name them. By name.

unklehomered
    Free Member

My old man votes UKIP, which is not why I don’t, but I see it as a measure how right I am not to.

Also, if we leave the EU after the referendum, who will they blame for our misfortunes then? the worst thing that could ever happen for UKIP, would be be leaving the EU.

warton
    Free Member

I think Burkinshaw is an idiot and he needs to get kicked from the party.

He’s following UKIP policy on cycling pretty much.

mrmo
    Free Member

agreed it isn’t working, so voting for an ultra right wing bunch of xenophobes is a good idea is it?

have you read the bit on removing the right to work from the unemployed? or how about repeal of workers rights? or how about equality legislation, i guess your in favour of the no blacks no irish signs reappearing?

As for repealing most of the EU directives? well Norway and Switzerland have to play by the EU rules if they want to trade, so what makes the UK, or should i say England, so special?

As for the UK being in decline, it is now move along, we don’t have an empire, it has gone, ended! Learn that and understand the place of the UK in the world. Spain had an Empire, Portugal had an Empire, now look at those countries. History teaches that things change, you can not turn back the clock how ever much you might try. We are in a new era, power has shifted from Europe to China and the US, although the US i would suggest is now on the wane. The UK needs to look forward and figure out what it wants in the future, what it can achieve. Looking at a globe and proclaiming the sun never sets, or the pink bits, helps no one.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

In a few years time Scotland will be independant and England will be run by ukip, oh how well will laugh up here.

The rise of ukip is the best thing for Scottish independence, wouldn’t be surprised if more and more English counties wanted to join Scotland to escape the barmy army of ukip.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Wonder how much more Britain is going to have to decline before the dim witted idiots that make up the population of these islands realise our two party system is clearly not working.

And you have to be exceptionally dim to think that the solution is to support a party which is made up of disgruntled Tories.

Disgruntled because they believe that today’s Tory Party, which is far more right-wing than Thatcher ever was, isn’t right-wing enough.

Anyway back on topic …… an interesting reply to the UKIP candidate’s obvious difficulty in grasping how taxation works :

Email to Peter Burkinshaw, UKIP candiate in Cambridge County elections

Let’s hope that the “dim witted idiot”, to use a phrase approved by a UKIP supporter, Mr Burkinshaw, never has the responsibility of having to make decisions concerning anything as complex as a county council budget.

unklehomered
    Free Member

The rise of ukip is the best thing for Scottish independence, wouldn’t be surprised if more and more English counties wanted to join Scotland to escape the barmy army of ukip.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/28/stop-pampering-scottish-cyclists?INTCMP=SRCH

This man disagrees with you. And when the comments open I think it will be one of the most epic CiF troll fests EVER!

I however don’t, and am pushing the campaign to draw a new border between the Mersey and the Humber, pledge allegiance to His Eminence Lord Alec of Salmond, Emperor of Greater Scotlandshire. And leave the Home Counties to Dave and the Ukipettes.

Flaperon

The Lib Dem candidate was the only one to visit me in Aylesbury. Despite my dislike for Lib Dems at the moment he had honest, knowledgable answers to my questions and is unlikely to make the situation worse.

Hence, he gets the vote.

bigrich

Cyclists, pedestrians and equestrians have an absolute right to be on the road, whereas a motorist can only drive ‘under licence’, which can be taken away if they fall foul of the law. Which is nice.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

So labour left us in an economic hole, and the tories aren’t doing a lot better. The burden falls on the middle classes again. Liberals are discredited again. People are looking for a protest vote, and it seems like they’ll be voting for a bunch of random amateurs.

This thought, that the country could go over to UKIP, or they could hold a balance of power position, might actually get the attention of the big two and cause a major re-think.

Put simply – If you lot don’t listen, we’ll vote for the nutters.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

As an example, that is why Farage clearly basked in the glory of the outrage he created when he called Belgium (AKA Brave Little Belgium during WW1) as a “non-country”, and the jeers he received when he said to the EU President’s face that he had “the charisma of a damp rag” and the appearance of a “low-grade bank clerk”.

I hope that he looks back on the episode with embarrassment. It was like watching an immature 13 year old school boy trying to be funny and cocky when in reality he simply ended up looking a childish fool.

Perhaps other parties should use that clip more often – it destroys credibility in one swift move. I still cant believe that it is not Harry Enfield in disguise with a parody. Has anyone given his cheek a tweek to see if the mask comes off to reveal Enfield?

mrmo
    Free Member

Cyclists, pedestrians and equestrians have an absolute right to be on the road, whereas a motorist can only drive ‘under licence’, which can be taken away if they fall foul of the law. Which is nice.

if only

36 points and not out!

mrmo
    Free Member

Put simply – If you lot don’t listen, we’ll vote for the nutters.

which could also be read as if we (major party) copy the nutters then the voters will vote for us. Which is probably even worse than UKIP. Too many voters never think about why they are voting.

wolf75k
    Free Member

agreed it isn’t working, so voting for an ultra right wing bunch of xenophobes is a good idea is it?

have you read the bit on removing the right to work from the unemployed? or how about repeal of workers rights? or how about equality legislation, i guess your in favour of the no blacks no irish signs reappearing?

Where are you getting this stuff from? Xenophobes? Race hate? UKIP isn’t the BNP or even remotely similiar. The only thing they share in common is that they both want immigration to be brought in line, something that i think anyone with a bit of common sense can see needs to happen. Even UKIP’s political enemies don’t even bother to play that card anymore because they know it’s shite.

As for repealing most of the EU directives? well Norway and Switzerland have to play by the EU rules if they want to trade, so what makes the UK, or should i say England, so special?

Norway is stil able to trade with the EU without paying them tribute or having to abide by laws made in Brussels. I don’t see what makes you think otherwise. Is America unable to sell goods to the French? Is China unable to trade in Germany because they lack an EU membership? Of corse not that would be ridiculous.
    I don’t see why you would say England as opposed to the UK. Is it to do with the 2014 referendum? You do realise support for the Yes vote has never went above 35% (usually it’s much lower in the 25-30 range).

As for the UK being in decline, it is now move along, we don’t have an empire, it has gone, ended! Learn that and understand the place of the UK in the world. Spain had an Empire, Portugal had an Empire, now look at those countries. History teaches that things change, you can not turn back the clock how ever much you might try.

Spain and -to a lesser extent Portugal- were S**te holes that never accomplished anything with or without their empires due to a good few fundemental flaws in their economies and their fundementalist devotion to the Christian faith. Britain had a good run but we declined because we were to arrogant to form Imperial Federation when we got the chance. I’m not suggesting that we should try and reestablish the empire, that dream is long gone but that doesn’t mean we have to go through perpetual decline for the rest of our miserable existence (which we have been going through since 1939). Something has to change and mainstream parties have always been shown to be only useful in times of prosperity and stability. When something real needs done you need fresh blood. I don’t agree with all of UKIP’s policies and i would hope that once they evened the game by establishing PR another party would replace them. Until then they are in my eyes Britain’s best hope.

Junkyard
    Free Member

So labour left us in an economic hole,

No idea why someone thinks a political party on this island was responsible for or caused a world wide economic slump that started in the sub priume market in america…could you explain it to me please?

I hope that he looks back on the episode with embarrassment. It was like watching an immature 13 year old school boy trying to be funny and cocky when in reality he simply ended up looking a childish fool.

+ lots it was just terrible…borderline racist tbh and it was not so much a point as just insults for the sake of it.
    I suspect it gives him wood to think of just how clever and provocative he was

As for UKIP overall it just shows there are a number of jingositic/racist/patriotic/immogrant hating[disliking]/euro sceptic /haters [ delete based on your view of them] that will vote for a party with basically one policy.
    I think Dave pretty much summed them up it goes Tory- UKIP- EDL – BNP

The only thing they share in common is that they both want immigration to be brought in line, something that i think anyone with a bit of common sense can see needs to happen.

Statements like that just make me laugh. State your own view claim it to be self evidently true then criticise anyone who may question it before they have even spoken. It always makes me chuckle to read stuff like that

Even UKIP’s political enemies don’t even bother to play that card anymore because they know it’s shite

Yes they love everyone ..I mean why could anyone think they are xenophobes or closet racist? they seem to love foreigners, want to share and mingle and integrate etc. Their only policy is isolation..ok isolation from Europe and then some more isolation from immigration.

Their position is many things but undeniable common sense it is not:roll:

they are in my eyes Britain’s best hope.

No country could be that **** that they were the best hope

mrmo
    Free Member

Where are you getting this stuff from? Xenophobes? Race hate? UKIP isn’t the BNP or even remotely similiar. The only thing they share in common is that they both want immigration to be brought in line, something that i think anyone with a bit of common sense can see needs to happen. Even UKIP’s political enemies don’t even bother to play that card anymore because they know it’s shite.

i suggest you read their website then, if you look it is there quite clearly.

Norway is stil able to trade with the EU without paying them tribute or having to abide by laws made in Brussels.

Norway has to abide by EU standards to be allowed access to the EU market, just doesn’t get a say in how they are written. all within EFTA.

Then there are the details such as import export charges, you would no longer pay vat at the rate of the seller, you would pay it locally, plus all the handling charges couriers so love.

As for immigration, what is an immigrant, i am half irish, so can i stay? what about the saxe coburg gotha’s, obviously german, prince philip is greek as well so i guess he has to go? What about all the ex pats in France and spain, do we have to find somewhere for them to live?

Spain and -to a lesser extent Portugal- were S**te holes that never accomplished anything with or without their empires due to a good few fundemental flaws in their economies and their fundementalist devotion to the Christian faith. Britain had a good run but we declined because we were to arrogant to form Imperial Federation when we got the chance.

so basically spain and portugal were religious zealots and the UK? what shall we say free trade zealots, talk to the Chinese about the Opium wars.

I’m not suggesting that we should try and reestablish the empire, that dream is long gone but that doesn’t mean we have to go through perpetual decline for the rest of our miserable existence (which we have been going through since 1939).

and the rest, the UK has been in decline for alot longer than that, the fact that the US screwed us over at the end of WW2 seems to be forgotten by those claiming a “special” relationship.

Something has to change and mainstream parties have always been shown to be only useful in times of prosperity and stability. When something real needs done you need fresh blood. I don’t agree with all of UKIP’s policies and i would hope that once they evened the game by establishing PR another party would replace them. Until then they are in my eyes Britain’s best hope.

UK politics is about maintaining the elite and shafting everyone else in the process, has been for decades. Sad truth is the population of the UK is on the whole too stupid to understand that we are not governed for our benefit but for the benefit of those governing us. Panem et Circensis.

If you think that UKIP is the best hope for this country then god help us, read their proposals, sit down and realise what they actually mean then tell me they are a better bet than the Tories?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The Lib Dem candidate was the only one to visit me in Aylesbury. Despite my dislike for Lib Dems at the moment he had honest, knowledgable answers to my questions and is unlikely to make the situation worse.

Hence, he gets the vote.

But how could you tell he was being honest ? This geezer looks like as a pretty straight sort of guy :

And yet many voters ended up regretting they had trusted him

I personally wouldn’t trust anyone who was still in a party which has so comprehensively renegaded on pre-election commitments, and not just concerning tuition fees but right across the board – VAT increases, bonuses for bankers, nuclear power, NHS reorganisation, police numbers, etc, etc. Honest Liberal Democrats members have left their party in their droves.

Junkyard
    Free Member

+ 1 to Ernie too busy showing that they could govern they forgot they also needed to show they had principles whilst doing it…. a vote for them is like rolling a dice.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I’ve just seen an interesting point on the commentator’s blog. The comment being that Labour are sufficiently bothered by the prospect of losing votes to UKIP to act. If they weren’t so concerned they’d leave the Tories to research UKIP’s candidates’ histories and release knocking copy to the MSM.

So maybe it’s not just Tories leaving to join UKIP.

captainscrumpy
    Free Member

Peter Burkinshaw must go

bloodynora
    Free Member

I work/socialise with people who vote for them. They are not xenophobes or racists, to my knowledge anyway, in fact they are just normal working class people as far as I can tell. Maybe the usual narrrow minded attention seekers on here need to get out more 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

maybee you need better friends and to improve your judgement of folk 😉

bloodynora
    Free Member

Unfortunately they are my friends/workmates whatever. Thanks for your concern though Junkyard…….
    Oh and my parents too, should I improve their judgment as well 😉

Nick

Oh and my parents too, should I improve their judgment as well

My 72 year old father just sent me a link to Tim Aker’s Get Britain Out lobby website http://getbritainout.org/

I sent him back this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot

It’s quite an interesting page, but if you’re in a rush the best bit is at the bottom.

One planet, one human race, end of.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 100 total)

The topic ‘UKIP on cycling…’ is closed to new replies.