Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Tyre pressures for lee quarry?
  • rupertpostlethwaite
    Free Member

After hearing such good reviews about lee quarry, I’ve finally decided to take the plunge and drive up tomorrow. I’m putting my panaracer xc’s on. My question is how much air pressure would one put in? I’ve heard its quite challenging terrain. Please bare in mind these are 1.8 wide tyres, if that alters the amount in any way. All replies very much appreciated and I’ll let you all know how I get on! 🙂

MussEd
    Free Member

seriously?

meehaja
    Free Member

a bit more than some, but less than too much.

jota180
    Free Member

37.897psi is what I usually use

legend
    Free Member

15.3psi front, 15.35psi rear just to be safe

crispedwheel
    Free Member

80psi for me.

cheese@4p

Fairly squeezy

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

you need to run a firm pressure or risk pinch punctures , I ussually have 40 psi back and front , but I think you need bigger tyres as well . there’s lots of sharp edges to flat on

ton

if you ride a orange you will be fine………it is nice and steady going……nothing that would break it 😀

ads678

seriously?

+1

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Do you have any idea what the air temperature will be during your ride or what sort of pressure weather system will be prevalent?

I know the altitude of Lee Quarry so can factor that into the equation but will obviously need to know your weight, what bike, whether you ride more over the back or the front, shock pressures (if relevant) and which way you dress.

Otherwise my reply will be nonsense.

flyingmonkeycorps

Wolves. If you have too much air in your tyres there will be wolves. Conversely, if you don’t have enough in there will be crocodiles. Now, there’s not much water at Lee Quarry (just that boggy bit on the black iirc) so I’d go for crocodiles. Then again, they can move pretty fast on land too can’t they?

bruneep

You need to use nitrogen for maximum benefit in your tyres.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I’d aim for a pressure of about 2 Metres of Mercury.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

I agree with Yeti regarding air temperature.

Given Lee Quarry is on the side of a hill you may want to take a portable barometer and a relible pump so you can vary your pressures depending weather.

Even on a sunny day like they’re predicting this weekend I’ve known it feel quite chilly at the top, this could play havoc with your traction if you just go and ride your bike and enjoy it.

grum
    Free Member

Depends on your riding style. Are you XXXC or all-mountain?

wwaswas

The individual who started this thread is also responsible for ‘what talcum powder for my boys?’.

I suggest it’s one of the regulars back from a Friday lunchtime pub visit.

DrP

And are you inflating at home, or at destination?? You simply haven’t provided enough information for us to offer any useful information at all….

DrP

bigyinn
    Free Member

Just ignore the troll.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Quality replies 😀

fairhurst
    Free Member

I have’nt ventured to lee Quarry as of yet.

How hard is this trail centre?

i ride the Welsh stuff on a regular basis,however i do struggle with the rocks and technical sections,although my fitness is of a high standard.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Tyre pressures for lee quarry?’ is closed to new replies.