Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tyre advice
  • sailingneil
    Free Member

I currently have 2.3 continental vetical pros front and back and I am thinking of getting a 2.1 for the back. Does anyone have any reconmendations? I ride mostly xc and a bit of trail centre.

sailingneil
    Free Member

What no one with any advice or comment? Not even any Micky taking, must be a first! Not the most exciting topic I suspose.

emac65
    Free Member

Bonty 2.1 XR2

matt_outandabout

I would not state a width first off – where do you ride? What is the bike? How heavy are you?
    What are people round you riding?

sailingneil
    Free Member

Currently I don’t really ride with anyone else. I mostly ride around the west coast of Scotland on a mongoose tyax hard tail. Weight depends on how much cake I have eaten recently, normally around 11 stone. Was thinking that reducing the width of the back tyre might reduce the rolling resistance.

stratobiker
    Free Member

Was thinking that reducing the width of the back tyre might reduce the rolling resistance…….

Looking for something faster????

Hutchinson Pirhana. Very fast. Very Hard Wearing. A great ‘year round’ tyre.

SB

matt_outandabout

For me, supple wins in the speed stakes over narrow….

I use Maxxis Ardents 2.25’s; mrs_oab who is half my weight has Conti verticals in 1.9 flava – if I ride them I batter about all over the place. We are in central Scotland, and ride west coast a bit.
    Chaps at our other centre (Ardgour/Ft William) all seem to be on Maxxis Ardents/Advantage/High Rollers – but most are skinnier than mine.
    Try some second hand ‘cheap’ tyres

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tyre advice’ is closed to new replies.