Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • TRP Spyre recall
  • spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Hi,

Just a quick post to say Upgrade Bikes have the updated Spyre calipers in stock.

Very good service, they sent me replacements without having to first send the old ones back. So didn’t have to have the bike off the road.

Some minor changes to the design but a straight swap over.

Calipers came with pads and new cables.

Regards

Jamie
    Free Member

I never thought to get them to send first….but then you were Patient Zero. 8)

As it goes, I posted last Thursday afternoon, and got the replacements on the Tuesday,

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/excellent-service-from-upgrade-bikes-trp-spyre-recall-content

njcisca

Is anyone else still waiting for replacement Spyre calipers?
    Posted mine back to merlin on the 14th Jan and still nothing. Was told it should only take a week when I first sent them off. I’ve called both Merlin and Upgrade but the promised dates they give for new stock arriving never happen.
    Thinking about just asking for a refund, been without my main bike for nearly 3 weeks and also have a ride planned this weekend. Not at all confident that the brakes will be back in time.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Is anyone else still waiting for replacement Spyre calipers?
    Posted mine back to merlin on the 14th Jan and still nothing. Was told it should only take a week when I first sent them off. I’ve called both Merlin and Upgrade but the promised dates they give for new stock arriving never happen.
    Thinking about just asking for a refund, been without my main bike for nearly 3 weeks and also have a ride planned this weekend. Not at all confident that the brakes will be back in time.

Ditto

posted (to Merlin) on the 14th by special delivery
    I spoke to them yesterday, chap said they were sent to upgrade on the 22nd and they should be getting replacements this week.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Got my reaplcements from Fatbirds a couple of weeks ago.

Alas, no-one made clear that I shouldn’t have sent back the whole brakes (i.e. calipers, mounts, rotors etc.) as they just sent back the replacement calipers (plus some new cables). So Fatbirds had to locate my old pair, take the rotors etc. out and post them back to me.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Just checking the Upgrade website. It says ‘NO MATTER WHERE YOU HAVE PURCHASED YOUR SPYRE / SPYRE SLC MK1 PLEASE RETURN THEM TO THE ADDRESS BELOW FOR REPLACEMENTS.’

I wasn’t told that and I’m sure going direct would have made this more straightfoward, grrrrr

njcisca

Sorry you’re in the same situation. They pretty much told me the same thing last week which is why I’m not particularly confident of getting them anytime soon. Well fingers crossed this time…

njcisca

Just checking the Upgrade website. It says ‘NO MATTER WHERE YOU HAVE PURCHASED YOUR SPYRE / SPYRE SLC MK1 PLEASE RETURN THEM TO THE ADDRESS BELOW FOR REPLACEMENTS.’

I wasn’t told that and I’m sure going direct would have made this more straightfoward, grrrrr

Damn wish I had known that too, would be quicker to cut out the retailer. Frustrating that some replacements seemed to get sent out straight away while some of us have a long wait. Quite disappointed with the service, would be nice to at least be kept updated on the situation from the shop and supplier.

gonetothehills
    Free Member

Nope – going direct cost me almost 10 days plus first class recorded postage. Was told by Upgrade that in spite of that quote on their website, I should have gone via retailer to avoid postage costs. New brakes arrived today though, so we got there in the end.

timbur
    Free Member

Mine arrived today as well.
    New cables as a bonus too.
    Great service and well dealt with IMHO by Upgrade.

tonyd

Upgrade told me to return through the original retailer (Merlin) also to avoid postage costs. I did this as advised at the start of December so was without brakes for a month. The whole process has been a shambles IMO, telling people to return brakes almost a month before they get replacements into the country, then each retailer having to send them in and wait for the same pair to be upgraded.

They should have had like for like replacements available immediately or offered a no quibble refund IMO, none of this dicking around.

njcisca

Upgrade told me to return through the original retailer (Merlin) also to avoid postage costs. I did this as advised at the start of December so was without brakes for a month. The whole process has been a shambles IMO, telling people to return brakes almost a month before they get replacements into the country, then each retailer having to send them in and wait for the same pair to be upgraded.
    They should have had like for like replacements available immediately or offered a no quibble refund IMO, none of this dicking around.

Yep its the lack of information that bugs me. If they had told me it was going to be at least 3 weeks I would have just kept using the brakes until the replacements were in stock.
    Glad some folk have theirs now anyway. Gonna call merlin tomorrow and if they still don’t have stock I’m asking for a refund and going for bb7 or shimano. Just want a functioning bike again.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Just had the go ahead to send mine back to upgrade (had to contact TRP first) because id bought them from Taiwan. How long do they take to come back from Upgrade?

simondbarnes

I sent 4 pairs of Spyres back to Upgrade and had replacements 3 days later. Communication has been very good between them and the shop I work at. Spoke to them in December, they let us know when replacements were due and we sent the brakes off once they had the replacements available.

njcisca

My replacements came today so Merlin must have stock in now. Glad its finally sorted.

technicallyinept
    Free Member

Mine arrived from Merlin today too 🙂

mda

Did you sent yours back with part worn pads and do the replacements come with new pads?

simondbarnes

Did you sent yours back with part worn pads and do the replacements come with new pads?

Yes and yes.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘TRP Spyre recall’ is closed to new replies.