Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Excellent Service From Upgrade Bikes (TRP Spyre Recall Content)
  • Jamie
    Free Member

After seeing that a recall had been issued for the TRP Spyres last year, I was gutted, as the recall made note of returning the brakes back to the original point of purchase. The thing is, I had bought mine direct from Taiwan due to no-one in the UK having stock at that point.

I took a punt and contacted Upgrade about returning to them direct. Totes amazingly they agreed. Due to the brakes being on my only bike, I made the calculated decision to wait until Upgrade had the brakes back in stock before sending mine in.

Anyway, last Thursday I saw that Upgrade now had the calipers in stock, so posted my old set back on Thursday via RM Special Delivery, and got back a brand spanking new set, along with full outers/inners/end caps/stickers etc just now.

So thanks to Upgrade for the quick turnaround, and for helping a brother out 8)

tonyd

Well done Jamie. I’m on the other end of the spectrum, brakes were on my commuter but I opted to send them in anyway as advised and long before the replacements were in. I sent them to Merlin on the 11th (December) and have been harassing both them and Upgrade since.

Apparently Merlin are expecting their replacements in this week and I might expect my replacements by the end of the week, which I’m doubting.

So I’ve been unable to ride my commuter for over a month now and am royally p!ssed off, not to mention about £200 out of pocket as I’ve had to use the car instead.

I realise this isn’t Upgrade or Merlins fault but it’s been a complete cock up from start to finish as far as I can see. I considered just asking for my money back rather then wait for replacements, I wish I had now.

Jamie
    Free Member

Sorry to hear that, Tony.

I would imagine if I got mine, then that means all shops will be receiving them now. Unfortunately, you then have to wait for Merlin to ship them on to you.

tonyd

Exactly that. Howard at upgrade told me last week he’d got them in, and Merlin have confirmed they’re expecting them and will send them straight out special delivery. I can sympathise with the suppliers but none of this gets over the fact that TRP themselves have cocked this right up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Excellent Service From Upgrade Bikes (TRP Spyre Recall Content)’ is closed to new replies.