Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Trout Liberator battery charging
  • fadda

Having a problem with charging the battery for my Liberator. The green light comes on the charger as soon as I plug the battery on, so it “thinks” the battery is full and therefore doesn’t charge it. But the light switches off within a couple of minutes, so the battery is actually flat.

Have emailed Troutie, but I could do with getting the thing charged up, as I want to use it on Tuesday night, so I thought I’d ask here too.

Anyone help?

TIA

kinda666
    Free Member

Are you plugging the battery into the charger with the wall socket turned on before hand? It really might not make any difference but i know my charger lights green with no battery attached when the charger is plugged it the wall and turned on!
    Smudge is ya man regarding the batteries!! He’ll know what’s going wrong!

boxelder

Smudge is here

Mantastic
    Free Member

If you in the midlands (Bewdley ) area you could borrow my charger tomorrow night so you can get out tuesday Post will take ages to get to you given its Xmas time

grtdkad

Coincidentally. Mine did this, this morning.
    Rode for about half an hour before my red warning light came on tonight.

Put it back on charge when I got home and everything is okay again. Charging properly.

fadda

Thanks for your help, all – especially Mantastic for your kind offer. Unfortunately, I’m in S Wales, though.

grtdkad – is there a particular way of charging? I’m clutching at straws a bit, I know

Have mailed Smudge and will see what occurs!

boxelder

Does it run the light?

grtdkad

Dont think so fadda. I normally-
    – plug charger in wall socket
    – turn on (green light on charger) then
    – attach battery
    … Indicator on charger should change from green to red while charging. And back to green when charged (but you know this).

gingerss
    Free Member

Check inside the connector on the charger wire. A friend has one where the wire came loose and just needed tightening.

trout
    Free Member

sounds like the charger has died
    send.m e a pic of which connector it is and your address and I will
    send a new one special delivery but i will need the info before 08.00 this morning

fadda

Fantastic service from Chris – had a mail from him already, to say that there’s a replacement on the way, on a next day delivery.

Couldn’t ask for more – thanks Troutie!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Trout Liberator battery charging’ is closed to new replies.