• This topic has 54 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Ed-O.
Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Bike rebuild – Tropical Mojo…Too much colour?
  • Ed-O
    Free Member

Fox 36s make it really heavy at the front end and you end up with really slow barge like steering.

I haven’t found that the case. Talas would sharpen the steering in the middle setting, although I’m quite happy with the non travel adjust Floats, in a full travel full throttle way.

What’s wrong with my tyres?

Nothing. I just looked at the back one and then out of my window in Calderdale.

v10
    Free Member

Daffy, sorry ive not emailed, been working some long days at work and i cant access them from there. Ive claimed with city-link with the wheels being a day late and ill have the invoice on Monday to find out how much it will be. Will send over whatever i get back.

Right of to work AGAIN, least its our demo w/e so ill be outside instead of being stuck in the office. If anyone is planning on coming its not raining… yet! 😆

Oh and the bike looks awesome 8)

StuE
    Free Member

Needs a pair of orange Bombers

heihei

I’m with Ed-O on this. When I had my guinness foam mojo, it started off with Pace RC40 fighters (bolt-thru) which whilst being very light, made the bike just a bit too twitchy. For a laugh, I stuck a pair of Marz Z1 Lights (same a-c as 36’s) and found it made the bike such a riot, they stayed on.
    Worth noting that Floats can be reduced internally (both travel and a-c) – reckon 150mm Floats would be awesome on the mojo.

Daffy

Hmmm….what about 150mm DT EXCs?

Ed-O
    Free Member

This is why I like the 36s

Daffy

*Looks out of window at dull urban jungle…..thinks wistfully about house in Hebden Bridge*

Damn you sir! Nice riding on your doorstep and bigger balls than I….damn you.

*sobs into tea and goes back to revision*

ianpinder
    Free Member

I think it looks lovely…

fallguy
    Free Member

Daffy how are you liking the mojo? im considering building one myself to replace my blur LT

heihei

I’m assuming the DT 150 EXC’s will have the same a-c as the Pace forks I mentioned, given that DT bought the design from Pace. You may love them on it, but I prefered something a bit more “relaxed”.

Daffy

Fallguy – Do it! I love it beyond measure. It took me a few rides to get it “sorted” and the BB height can be a pain, but for EVERYTHING else it’s superb.

Heihei -41xcams were 130mm

41 fighters were 150mm

fallguy
    Free Member

Daffy wot did your mojo replace? Im also considering the Blur LT2 carbon. would like too demo both but i doubt thats gonna happen.

Daffy

(Heavily Upgraded) Rocky Mountain ETSX – Had a very high BB which meant you could pedal over anything.

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

thats a good colour scheme…just think it needs some matching breaks? and deffinatly 36’s

orange bomber forks are the best thing in the world tho…i stupidly bought some 55’s of ebay the other day while thier were some orange bombers on thier aswell for the same price :'(

Ed-O
    Free Member

The lower bb on the Mojo means you can rail round everything. The odd pedal smack is worth it for me. DW Link works a treat. What’s not to like?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Bike rebuild – Tropical Mojo…Too much colour?’ is closed to new replies.