Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Troll Hunter
  • spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

What a top film.

Up there with Black Sheep and Dead Snow for “wasn’t expecting that to good” category!!

Farting Trolls bit is very funny……

****note to future posters, a small prize may be awarded for the best Troll post to this thread – or not as the case may be****

toys19
    Free Member

I loved it, plenty of haterz on here though. Loved the bridge scene..

GW
    Free Member

Wait for the sequel “The spoon hunter” 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    racefaceec90

this is one film i really want to see (along with prometheus 8)

robbo
    Free Member

I liked it too. Quickly got over the voiced over rather than dubbed dialogue. Very funny. Trooooooooooolllll!!!!!!

Bagstard
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty good.

Rubber_Buccaneer

Loved the bridge scene

Me too, left me thinking I’d have found the film even funnier if I’d known more of the folklore/children’s stories/whatever from the area.

Is there a dubbed version? I saw a version with subtitles.

Drac

Going to have to watch it again, thought it was average but I was watching it whilst trying to do some stuff for work so didn’t pay a great deal of attention.

robsoctane
    Free Member

Is there a dubbed version?

There’s an English speaking version – I got it from a Pirate 😉

I too think it was a cool film, the wife and I really enjoyed it.

jon1973
    Free Member

Yes very good. It’s the second Norwegian film I’ve seen in the last couple of weeks. Dead Snow was the other one, which was also very good, in a comedy nazi-zombie kind of way.

mountainman

Must agree excellent film ,my copy now doin rounds amongst waking night staff at work .
    Living in “deepest dark hills have eye’s country “west wales ,we have Trolls TOO.!

derekrides
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    Going to have to watch it again, thought it was average but I was watching it whilst trying to do some stuff for work so didn’t pay a great deal of attention.

Hmm, since your job title here could be described in part as “troll hunter” you should probably pay more attention. 😉

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Just waiting for LoveFilm to send it out. Looking forward to it.

I watched Drive last night. Definitely an unexpected treat and little gem. Fantastic movie.

toys19
    Free Member

I’d known more of the folklore/children’s stories/whatever from the area.

Yes but the bridge scene is one we all know right? Billy goats gruff?

Anyway wikipedia has a pretty good reference on norse trolls. My Norgie mates say its full of “in” and cultural jokes, like much of british film, which outsiders might find harder to get.

“Trollstink” is a stock phrase in our house now..

Rubber_Buccaneer

Exactly, it was laughing at the billy goats gruff that made me realise I was probably missing out on a good proportion of the film. Still enjoyed it.

We also have ‘Trollstink’ mostly after my fiance has been in the loo….

Drac

Hmm, since your job title here could be described in part as “troll hunter” you should probably pay more attention.

Very good. 😆

superfli
    Free Member

Maybe it was the “eurotrash” dubbing I had on my copy, but I didnt think that much of it. An average film, not a recommendation from me.

However, on the same sort of theme, I watched “The Hunter” the other night. Excellent film. Fairly slow going, but a great if a bit sad ending. Well worth a watch 🙂

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Troll Hunter’ is closed to new replies.