Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Trek Fuel EX Owners…Your height and frame size please
  • nuke

Think I'm between sizes at 5'9" so wanted to see what others went for.

17.5" has a 23.23" eTT which is the same as my Inbred but then I run a 90mm stem and a layback seatpost on my Inbred so I think the 18.5" with the 24" eTT would also work…decisions, decisions! 😕

Also anyone know the headtube length on 2009 Trek 9.9 frame? Is it the same as the 2010 frame…i.e. 127mm for the 17.5" and 137mm for the 18.5"?

Cheers

rOcKeTdOg

6ft2 18.5"

alexpalacefan

5'4", had a 15.5" but it was too big really. Great bike though, you should get one

APF

stumpy01

I test rode the EX9 before Christmas, and I think it was the actual 16.5" (virtual 17.5") and it was about right. Could probably have done with 20mm shorter stem, but apart from that the fit was OK.

I'm 5'6".

geordiepaul
    Free Member

6ft 2in and 19.5inch frame.
    They're long bikes so just try one.

tonyg2003

5'11" 18.5 virtual. I'd reckon 17.5 virtual for you.

BFITH
    Free Member

6'2" here – 19.5" virtual frame size…

Chris-S
    Free Member

I have an inbred and a trek ex set up as you describe

I'm 6ft

the trek 'sits' up slightly higher due to it's longer head tube

orena45

5'8"

Trek Fuel EX8 = 17.5"
    On One Scandal = 16"

nuke

Cheers chaps.

Would like to try one but limited time as only have until Saturday before 20% off a 2010 bike finishes.

TBH it might be the longer headtube on the 18.5" that puts me off…only really a difference of 20mm on eTT between sizes.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

5'10" 18.5" Virtual, 17.5" actual. found the 17.5" too cramped.

snakebite
    Free Member

5'11 and a 17.5 virtual,

snakebite
    Free Member

surely if you are having a 2k bike they will let you decide whether you want a particular size before parting with cash…..

Dimmadan
    Free Member

snakebite, do you not find that your knees are a little too close to the bars?

snakebite
    Free Member

not at all, 70mm stem wide cnty bars, thompson inline post

stew1982
    Free Member

5'10, 17.5" virtual – fits perfectly. (Stem is 100mm) I found it a comfy ride, as opposed to racey if that helps?!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Fair doos.

Ceebug
    Free Member

i am 6'4, and find the 2010 19.5 (18.5 virtual!) fits perfectly. Admittedly I do prefer a smaller frame and am long in the body, but it's just right for me with a 90mm stem…

Ceebug
    Free Member

i am 6'4, and find the 2010 19.5 (18.5 virtual!) fits perfectly. Admittedly I do prefer a smaller frame and am long in the body, but it's just right for me with a 90mm stem…

stooo
    Free Member

I'm 5'8" and ride the medium with the 23.3" TT – I think it's the 17.5" model. Got an inline post and 90mm stem on there, feels spot on, but I do like a bit of a stretch.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Can anyone tell me what length the stock stem is on a 19.5 2010 Trek Fuel EX 9? – ceebug is your 90mm stem the stock one?

solamanda
    Free Member

6ft1 and 19.5" here.

M6TTF
    Free Member

i'm about 6ft and ride the 19.5 (18.5 virtual) as I've got long legs 33" inside leg the next size down just felt too cramped as well – I like to be stretched out a bit!

rhino
    Free Member

probably a little late for this but i'm 5f10" and happily ride a 17.5"virtual frame..

in my eyes it all depends on what leg length you have and also the torso length as to which frame you want, some people prefer to have longer seat post and lean down to the barsm where others prefer a more sit up and beg with w smaller frame.

personally the frame size is a little long for me when i do some 4hr runs, but anything under this i'm comfortable without issues.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Trek Fuel EX Owners…Your height and frame size please’ is closed to new replies.