Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Trailbuilding Crawfurdland, Fenwick this weekend.
  • stucol
    Free Member

The folks at Crawfurdland have a very large pile of gravel waiting on anyone who is free this weekend.

200 tons of it i believe !

So come along and bring a spade, rake, wheelbarrow or mini digger.

Tea and cakes available, though i know you all need nothing more than fresh air to keep you going !

iainc

Quite local to me. Where and what is it ?

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

I could spare a couple of hours this weekend, I presume at the fisheries????

mnmng
    Free Member

Pretty close for me too, bit more info would be helpful though. Is it Saturday or Sunday or both days and what time.

😆 I did notice the new signs along the 77 the other day for the fisheries and dog kennels and wondered where it was.

stucol
    Free Member

There is a mtb trail there already which is 10km long. I believe the plan is to improve it.

http://www.craufurdland.co.uk/trails/

To get there, from the M77, head south through Fenwick Main Street and when your nearly back at the M77 you turn left onto Waterslap Road. Follow this for about a mile and you come to a sharp left turn. Straight ahead are large stone gateposts. Head through them and you come to the trailhead and fishery. There is a large sign at the gateposts so you won’t miss it.

I will try and find out the time, it is both days this weekend.

iainc

Sounds interesting and only about 15 min drive, so will try and drop in

stucol
    Free Member

I’m heading there for 9am.

I am trying to find out if there is a organised time.

You can of course have a ride round the trails if your early.

No charge at all to ride it. Free parking too.

mnmng
    Free Member

I had no idea this was even there, nice one 😛 I’m just up in Ek so not far at all. Working till about 11am on Saturday so could do the afternoon or alternatively all day Sunday

stucol
    Free Member

Alex in the cafe is the man to see when you get there.

Handy place for an evening ride in the summer, being so close to the M77.

I can’t find the start time unfortunatly and it’s a bit late to phone the cafe. I will post tomorrow night once i get back from it for anyone who can do sunday.

stucol
    Free Member

Just back from Crawfurdland.

Plenty more for folk to do tomorrow following a good turn out today.

9am start time or just come along whenever you can. Mini digger and powered wheelbarrow were a great help.

iainc

Unfortunately can’t make it down there this afternoon. Keen to know what the trails are like for taking the kids though ?

iainc

managed to nip down with the kids for a wander – great setup and lots of potential. Big thumbs up to the guys shifting stone by barrow too 😛

Definitely will be back with the bike soon

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Trailbuilding Crawfurdland, Fenwick this weekend.’ is closed to new replies.