Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)
  • Trail Centres
  • Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Do you know what extra g braking or cornering is

No, but even a google search doesn’t come up with anything. Are they terms you invented to sound RAD? 😉

I’d be delighted if you’d elaborate. Maybe I do these things but I’m unaware of the gnarl-core terminology.

Vinney, I take your point, but the variety of single track is limited, its the same, stoney base, in the trees, or in clearfell. Theres a greater variability, even within singletrack, on natural stuff and thats my preference.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I love riding trail centres, they’re where I do most of my riding. More than happy to come and show you up on your local bit of hardcore trail though…

MentalMickey
    Free Member

vinnyeh – Member
    I got bored surprisingly quickly and I realised theres a lack of line choice.
    not much different to singletrack then..

You’ve hit the nail on the head, a very rosey tinted picture is being painted in a misty eyed romantic fashion….that somehow, a natural piece of singletrack offers a lot more line choice than the very same thing in an area where you are ‘told in which direction to go’ by a few little arrows here and there.

Laughable. 🙂

kaesae
    Free Member

Exactly, especially when the little arrows help you avoid hitting other riders and bikes at speed 😯

scruff
    Free Member

Since Cannock Chase got a trail centre style setup the amount of local riders has multiplied by a million, as riding bikes is good then more folk riding bikes is good.

I dont ride them myself though, I’m above the tourists in moral and skill quotas.

molgrips
    Free Member

More than happy to come and show you up on your local bit of hardcore trail though

Yeti, you should come to Wales, we have these things called rocks to make it interesting 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Molly… I will! I met a man, who knows a man, who knows you in the real world.

I rode Y Das the other week.. that was pretty rocky.

graham1975
    Free Member

I certainatly would’nt go to Wales ridding ever again to be honest, I live in West Yorkshire and i would much rather travel a little further to the 7stanes trails in Scotland, i hate the long borious trails in Wales, nothing of any intrest to me if i was being honest. Scotland everytime for me im afraid.
    I love the trail centres because THEY ARE marked and you can just get on with ridding and keep it flowing, rather than stopping all the time to look at a bloody map.

Viewing 8 posts - 81 through 88 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Trail Centres’ is closed to new replies.