Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Tragic bear story (no, really)
  • HermanShake
    Free Member

HERE

I can’t fathom this bear bile b*ll*x. A friend just posted this on FB 🙁

jon1973
    Free Member

Truly horrible treatment, but I find it difficult to believe that an animal has the presence of mind to commit suicide.

rs
    Free Member

shocking! really!

racefaceec90

that is horrific!

donsimon
    Free Member

terrible and quite terrible what some people will do too.

Wookster

God that’s just awful and terribly sad.

robsoctane
    Free Member

made me feel awful… what to do???

HermanShake
    Free Member

Sign the petition HERE even Jackie Chan’s involved!

HermanShake
    Free Member

I didn’t plan that, but robsoctane made me dig a little and find the campaign.

And yet, when people find out I’m vegan, they joke about eating sausages.

Is this…

really all that much worse than this…

spokebloke
    Free Member

Neither is acceptable – but the bears are kept in cages with open wounds to harvest bile, the pigs to suckle their young.

Neither good, but big difference.

Diane
    Free Member

No it’s not and factory farming should be outlawed. Let’s face it most people eat far too much so if food was at a premium for the sake of animal welfare then perhaps we’d only eat what we needed.

mrchrispy

Mmmmmm but bacon tastes good

igm

really all that much worse than this…

I’d need to check with my wife who is the expert but I believe those cages for pigs have been banned in the UK for a while, and are now banned in the rest of Europe – could be wrong.

user-removed
    Free Member

I do like a bacon sarnie, and will happily chow down on a nice big steak, but if you really want to feel like you’re helping animals like the bile bears, sign up to PETA – I did, and only donate £8 a month – you can donate 50p a month if you wish…

I signed up after watching that devestating video showing various furry creatures being slightly stunned then skinned alive, somewhere in rural China. The naked carcasses were then thrown onto the back of a cart where they gasped a long, slow, unimaginable death….

Donate to PETA

lodge
    Free Member

http://www.earthlings.com/earthlings/video-full.php

Please watch if you havent seen, thankyou

dunsapie
    Free Member

Jill Robison from Animals Asia http://www.animalsasia.org/ did a very good talk on the subject of bear farming and saving the moon bears at the Dick vet in edinburgh a few weeks ago.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Pigs aren’t kept like that in the UK.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Infact that Viva website is full of missinformation.
    And that CIWF contain a fair amount of utter tosh. These websites often site practices that involve starving or stressing the animal and causing suffering and loss of production. It just doesn’t make sense. Why would a farmer want to reduce production?! A happy pig is a healthy and productive pig.
    People should be held responsible for spreading such damaging lies.

enfht
    Free Member

I doubt PETA have any affect on Chinese opinion

andyl
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member
    Truly horrible treatment, but I find it difficult to believe that an animal has the presence of mind to commit suicide

I can believe it. Amazing animals.

It’s easy to say it should be stopped but rural China is difficult to deal with and often not dealt with very well and while there is demand (money) there will be people getting way with things like this.

jimmy

Please watch if you havent seen, thankyou

Jebus, skipped to about 30mins in on cattle slaughter. Ahhh man but I like steak… 🙁

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Tragic bear story (no, really)’ is closed to new replies.