• This topic has 21 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Stu.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • tour du ben nevis updates folks ??
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

any updates ?

particularly the womans results !

cheers

jordie
    Free Member

Terry i don`t know the final results were but it was really wet good day out though. That river crossing was pretty deep 😆

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

It looks like the results will be on the sportident site but are not up yet.

digiphotoneil
    Free Member

Awesome day out. Clocked in just under six hours.

Fun riding down the West Highland Way with suprisingly cheerful walkers (was lashing it down). "Special" stage 2 was a waterbar/stepup/switchback thing of d00m. Then there was the uphill hike of pain and some wonderful views.

Dunno wether I wanted more singletrack on the route, it was hard enough on the doubletrack later on (or I'm unfit…). Good day out in the hills regardless!

I came 59th.. there were ladies ahead of me. Some lunatic made 3rd on a singlespeed.

trail_rat
    Free Member

please tell me that was neilly on the SS !

trail_rat
    Free Member

bad ass it was neilly ….. demon 32:16 FTW

the missus came third i think – 5.54 – fooking excellent ! really chuffed !

Diane
    Free Member

Wow well done Mrs Trail rat.

Mr T your photo – 10 UB?

trail_rat
    Free Member

me ? aye 2 years ago

vit-t
    Free Member

awesome event. love it all! Great day out in the hills. Wife an I came in at 5:44. Well chuffed.

soulrider
    Free Member

best mountain bike race ever FACT.

clocked 4hrs 34mins

loved it the whole way round..
    The Orange 5 was the bike to be on.. she just flew (the winner was also on a 5)

soulrider
    Free Member

best mountain bike race ever FACT.

clocked 4hrs 34mins

loved it the whole way round..
    The Orange 5 was the bike to be on.. she just flew (the winner was also on a 5)

druidh
    Free Member

What does "mp" mean in the results table?

DavidM
    Free Member

Awesome event that was. A proper mountain bike race. Was delighted to clock in in just over 5 1/2 hours. The river crossing was one of the dryer bits of the course I thought? Hardtail was painful though. Hats off to the singlespeed fella.

Are they gonna publish the points? Think I may have got a few on the KLL descent, was crap everywhere else though so not too interested. mp means forgot to dib, happened to my little brother. Real shame that.

Just to make it clear – It was awesome

GW
    Free Member

seemed to be lots of TDB competitors at the SDA today, most buzzing from how good it was, many were riding the Red DH some others Racing. Steve Deas (I cyles) won an uncomfortable looking crown (made from chains and sprockets) for the best all round rider thing.

jojoA1
    Free Member

Great race, I did rubbish tho. Had a mare with seized back brake masquerading as extreme tiredness and confusion at why my legs weren't working properly, got lost cos I missed a turn whilst looking down trying to work out what was wrong with either me or the bike, finally binNed the pads and finished at last.

I did, however, win the ladies' version of the aforementioned 'uncomfortable looking' crown and a voucher for an orange frame, so we all lived happily ever after. 😉

Thanks no fuss and Orange for a fab event. X

tartanscarf

5hrs 40 for me including 15 minutes with a seized leg after going over the handlebars on the descent to Kinlochleven 🙂

Great event, poor organisation with the feed stations/no feed stations though.

kcal

well done Keith, good effort I reckon. A few folk off at the water bars..

Thoroughly enjoyed the day out, we progressed round at an "all day" pace and were pleased to come in at 6h 31m. Deliberately held back at the start, was quite a sight to look along the WHW stretch to see so many bikers. Must have been right at the tail end by then, however after the river crossing (incidents galore) looked back down the path, and saw a steady stream of folk pushing up the path, on this side and the other side of the river – so bit of a boost.

Partner had been feeling rotten all week, so credit to Roberta for getting round at all. First time I've seen a 1000 yard stare 1 mile into an event 🙂

Top event, the toll of holding so many events on the same day took its toll I think – was expecting a bit more marshall and stops to be seen, to be honest.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Just over 6 hours for Bigdugsbaws and I. Some great sections on the course would have been even better if a bit drier.

3 punctures (first only 20 mins in on the tarmac section….grrr) and a brake pad replacement required between us.

Re marshalling/food stations it did say it was unsupported so i was not expecting any, but did think they should have had someone at the river crossing or at least a rope to aid crossing.

swavis

A great day out. I was aiming to be around 6.5 hours so really happy with 5:47. Although my legs were totally dead on the last bits of fireroad on the way back in, (thank you to the fella from Aberdeen who I rode back in with, it helped having a chat along the way 8) )

I even managed a pic of the river crossing… 😀

Saintly
    Free Member

Yep Cracking event, lots of fun, good riding and hike a bike sections with a few interesting water features:)

4hrs 45 and first male pairs, well worth the drive up from Penrith.

I had a pootle round the Witches trail and a bit of the World champs course yesterday and then watched a couple of my mates competing in the SDA, all in all a brilliant weekend.

tartanscarf

I say a massive well done to everyone who finished – it was a proper day out on the bike.

Hello Callum – well done to you 2 (3?) as well. Dave and Tracey Cashman finished just after me but I missed them – I think I was too quick to get to the burger van 🙂

TS

Stu

Brilliant day out – so wet but such fun! 😆 Miles more intertesting than Kielder last weekend.

Lots of photos up on the orange facebook page here!

What does "mp" mean in the results table?

Means missed point – a lot of the folks at the front of the field missed the checkpoint at the end of stage 2, myself included as I was expecting it to be manned for some reason. Think Spook was sent out to stop people after we'd been through (the 2 guys ahead of me also missed it as did my mate just behind)

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘tour du ben nevis updates folks ??’ is closed to new replies.