Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)
  • Tour De Francis
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Not interested, don’t care what wonderful life saving cause the guy is riding for, it just cheezes me off.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Not interested, don’t care what wonderful life saving cause the guy is riding for, it just cheezes fromage’s me off.

Fixed it!

allthepies
    Free Member

I thought he was riding the whole lot, turns out he’s only riding 4 stages 🙄

KonaTC

Maybe rearrange these words

Envy green with

me i was it wish

oldgit
    Free Member

He got it through a sports casting agency.

That’s open season in my book.

andypaul99
    Free Member

give the guy some credit – he did it on a carrera for christ sake!

oldgit
    Free Member

give the guy some credit

Lets not. He has been whinging like a stuck pig the ungrateful what Wiggins said 🙂

Irish_AL
    Free Member

maybe I missed something, but at which point of any of the adverts did it mention a

wonderful life saving cause

?

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

isss ssssuch an honour… to be sharing the same tarmac as the pro riders… spot on, loved it.

**** off

crazy-legs
    eyerideit
    Free Member

He got it because he rides a bike and is called Francis.

The ads do give the impression that he’s riding the whole tour, but it’s only 4 stages. Actaully I dont even think its 4 full stages.

Here’s the full length film. He is irritating and I am slightly envious of him but he is very annoying. [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmN4OF_6qMU[/video]

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

Smashing it up the river…

Fud

eyerideit
    Free Member

He riding for no other cause but to sell some bikes for halfords .

DuggieStyle
    Free Member

From crazy-legs link,

It takes a man of great confidence, style and integrity to stand next to a cross made from the silhouette of four cocks and not look like a total joey.

Dan Francis is not that man…..

Brilliant 😆

njee20
    Free Member

That’s a great link crazy-legs, well done.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Have to say i unplugged the sky box and turned to eurosport today to get that annoying advert what seemed like every 30 seconds away

mrlebowski
    Free Member

At first I did think ” fair play to you fella”…

Now I just thnk “‘kin ****!”..

br
    Free Member

People actually pay any attention to adverts? 😯

I like ITV4’s evening coverage, and was shouting at the telly tonight for Millar!

mdb
    Free Member

That Tour De Dickhead blog is brilliant.

With my “**** media” hat on (and probably one of those well groomed fashion beards) i guess the advert has worked because its created a marmite response. The Halfords brand gets mentioned lots and some other t&*t with a fashion beard feels important somewhere in Shoreditch.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Didn’t pay any attention to the advert until this thread, does oldgit work for Halfords 😆

mudshark
    Free Member

I suppose it was hard for them to come up with sensible things to say/show; mostly annoying as repeated so much – Allez, allez, allez…

Do chuckle at the cadence up, cadence up, drop a gear one though:)

llama

Smashing it both up, and then down, THE river

But who on here would have turned it down?

And they would have got cheesier quotes off of me

oldgit
    Free Member

Didn’t pay any attention to the advert until this thread, does oldgit work for Halfords

Darn, you’ve exposed my cunning stunt.

butcher

I thought it was just an advert…

ds3000
    Free Member

I particularly hate the one where he’s ostentatiously kissing people on each cheek, like he’s so cultured. mwwwwaa

jonba
    Free Member

Needs to give it a lot more of rule V

nickjb
    Free Member

I thought it was a parody of this:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMCkuqL9IcM[/video]

plodtv
    Free Member

MAGIC

RealMan
    Free Member

Do chuckle at the cadence up, cadence up, drop a gear one though:)

Every time I see/hear that I think “Do people actually say this when they ride? Why? Just why?”.

Nice bit of frog’s legs. F*** off.

I thought it was a parody of this:

Old news, this is where it’s at.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbEJfJlvp4E[/video]

TiRed

I’d just fast-forwarded whenever I saw him as I assumed it was just an advert. Have I been bad?

Duggan

Is he really actually riding 4 stages? I honestly thought they’d just shot some one-off set-pieces and he hadn’t actually done any.

But yes it is very annoying, especially the ‘…really big climb…’ one. Just shut it you whopper.

Duggan

Also if it is for some cause or other I really had no idea and I’ve seen about a hundred now.

samuri
    Free Member

How tight does that woman’s stomach look?

zippykona

I like it. Just assumed he was an actor being filmed for just the bit he was riding.
    Makes me want to do a Tour climb. Better than the usual awesome dudes splashing through puddles

mattjg
    Free Member

I enjoyed them the first couple of days, now they’re irritating, but not enough to justify the personal venom of some though.

Anyway they’re not for us, they’re for non-cyclists who may turn on TdF when they hear things are going well and haven’t seen anything like it before.

tomd
    Free Member

They’ve been annoying me a bit, but I’m clearly less annoyed than some other people as I don’t wish him any harm. I think it’s the repetitiveness of the clips that’s grating as much as anything, more variety would help.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

“AAhhhh ham string crap” … pussy! It is THE most annoying advert ever, if they wanted someone who cycled and was called Frances they could’ve called me! I guarantee I wouldn’t have been quite so annoying and I definately would’ve done more than 4 stages 😉

As Mr MC calls it “Tour de c***”….. I will be turning to eurosport player as well, due to Sherwen and Liggett being total frigging idiots who talk rollocks “who he has a flat it’s going to be either the front or the rear” .. wow who would’ve thought it! Yet on Eurosport a train was seen going past yesterday and they asked people to text in with what train it was!! Brilliant!

PrinceJohn

The clip that annoy’s me is the 3 random people celebrating at the top of the mountain – that is so obviously set up it’s ridiculous!

thegreatape
    Free Member

I thought it was a Halfords advert. Never realised it was a charity thing. I must be one of the gifted ones who is immune to adverts. Or not? Where’s TJ when you need him?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

How do we know it’s a charity thing? wherehas someone found that out? still doesn’t make me like it any more!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 101 total)

The topic ‘Tour De Francis’ is closed to new replies.