Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,453 total)
  • Tottenham Riots
  • BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

of course it’s the Polices fault, how could any of these poor souls be held responsible for their own actions; I just hope a mobile soup kitchen is on scene with sustenance, they must be worn out, bless em.

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

Of course not. Your attempt at a Jamaican style accent betrays your racism though. That you should be ashamed of.

Society will get on just fine with or without your opinions.

My faux accent is that heard in the mouths of most of the kids that I meet, black or white, its origins are irrelavent and I’m not ashamed of anything.

enfht
    Free Member

betrays your racism though

Are you frickin serious..

allthepies
    Free Member

Wait until the Grauniad reads have finished checking their online share portfolios, taken Tamarah to Pony Club and supped their skinny defaf lattes. Then it will all kick off BIG STYLE.

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Local people have their environment shat up ‘in protest’ because two gangs of oppressive gun-wielding **** have been taking pot shots at each other. What annoys me are the armchair revolutionaries who have never lived in this kind of shithole imagining some kind of solidarity with the rioters (not here in the Daily Mail of cycling, mostly on Twitter/Facebook).

qwerty
    Free Member

what sort of person sees the death of a man as an opportunity to get some new trainers.

Welcome to Tottenham.

The whole corridor east of the A10 from Stamford Hill through to Waltham Cross is some of the most deprived in Western Europe.

People have killed for less, and will again.

Pull a gun on an armed copper, expect to die. End of. Bring out the water cannon.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I blame this little blighter!!!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Mousist!

yunki
    Free Member

the community under discussion must be harbouring a lot of pent up anxiety and frustration.. and the fact that it is focussed at authority (even though the destruction has been directed elsewhere)must show that some of the kids living in the area must feel very heavily let down by those in power..

It’s all very well to be scornful and dismissive of people that aren’t exactly like you.. but surely even you hapless wonders spouting vitriol from the safety of your keyboard can understand that the problem is way more complex than right and wrong..?

trailmonkey

the only racist here is Mr Monkey himself!

well, i’m not the one who has said………..

It’s my democratic right to share my country…….

or

now I’m just waiting for how the police is all working for Babylon and man dem need to carry heat for protection

or

On the upside, all me bredren got some sweet Reebox and we is rollin’ deep in wall mounted plasmas

case dismissed.

convert

It’s my democratic right to share my country…….

You are at it again! If I was to say “my country” in a statement there is no inference made that it is also not someoneelses rightful country of a different race unless of couse a racist reader were to choose to read it like that. I read the original in context that skiboy did not enjoy share a country with “trouble making opportunist thieving toss pots”. If you read that as an ethnic slur you have problems!

Granted on the other comments – no need. Although as someone else above mentioned, when I go visit my sister in that London (not a million miles from this riot – reminds me to ring her!) young people of all ethnicities talk exactly like that. But that’s not what the original posters were infering I suspect so you do have a point.

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

Any word on whether the dearly departed ever had trials for Leyton Orient yet? That’s the usual spiel.

I imagine lamp posts are being adorned with banners for him right now. TRU SOLJA 4 EVA or something.

yunki
    Free Member

I imagine lamp posts are being adorned with banners for him right now. TRU SOLJA 4 EVA or something.

That’s not even Raoul Moatly amusing…

HeathenWoods
    Free Member

Wonder how many who were looting JJB and setting fires are helping tidy up the community they care so much about?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OID0h7X6hmk[/video]

**** ’em both.

grum
    Free Member

Wow it’s like reading the Daily Mail comments section in here 😆

convert

Wow it’s like reading the Daily Mail comments section in here

Go on, try adding a comment about the news story (which is why I presume you opened the thread) – you know, expressing an opinion rather than commenting on the comments. You know you want to 😉

Nothing written here will make the blindest bit of difference so your contribution dosn’t need to be very insightful – you know you can do it!

qwerty
    Free Member

the community under discussion must be harbouring a lot of pent up anxiety and frustration

Sorry but bollox, they should be feeling more at ease as there is one less gun and gunman on their streets, working their community.

Probably. The self confessed Turkish drug dealing gang member who was assissinated as he sat in his Range Rover at the A10 traffic lights at White Hart Lane several years ago still has a roadside shrine dedicated to him on The Roundway.

project
    Free Member

so very sad for all those people who have lost everything, their homes, workpaces and buisnesses, and the ones who have lost the respect of the rest of us the general public, its going to take a long time for all to get back to normality.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

There are some ignorant and hateful people on STW.

And hey, look; quite a few of them have turned up on this thread! Surprise surprise..

As for mistrust and resentment of the Police; I know lots of nice, respectable, White Middle Class people who can’t stand Babylon Dem. Why is that, do you think?

I find it interesting the way some posters are already forming scenarios and imagined views of what happened in their heads. As for the ‘racism’; sure, it’s STW after all, but I think it’s more the xenophobia along social lines that’s more disturbing. Not at all surprising that it’s coming from a few who routinely display narrow-minded ignorance on here though.

Keep it up; this is praps the only place where you will be comfortable enough to vent your own anger, as you’re probbly way to cowardly to say owt in ‘real life’. Just as well there’s the internet, eh?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Earlier in this thread someone used the phrase “no smoke without fire”. That goes both ways. Surely there would be no protest “smoke” if there wasn’t a tiny wee bit of police “fire” involved somewhere.

The police in that part of the world aren’t exaclty portraying themselves in the best way at present.

Did they murder the guy without him pulling a gun – probably not. Was the guy who was killed entirely to blame and was his death the only way to end that particular incident – probably not.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Guy probably had a gun on him, but there was probably a copper with an itchy trigger finger involved somewhere along the line.

Rioting in response to someone being needlessly killed is something that while I dont condone it, I can see why people would do just that.

grum
    Free Member

Go on, try adding a comment about the news story (which is why I presume you opened the thread) – you know, expressing an opinion rather than commenting on the comments. You know you want to

Nothing written here will make the blindest bit of difference so your contribution dosn’t need to be very insightful – you know you can do it!

OK, I don’t claim to know what it’s like growing up in a very deprived area with very little prospects – but I don’t imagine many on STW do either. What’s that saying: ‘Before criticizing a man, walk a mile in his shoes’?

I think destroying your community is pretty stupid behaviour – but I think it’s worth thinking about why people feel that angry and alienated, rather than just calling them scum.

FWIW I’m not sure the comments were racist, just part of a general hatred and demonizing of young people in this country.

cranberry
    Free Member

I blame Sacha Baron Coen – damn Cambridge graduates coming over here and pointing out the stupidity of using skin colour or race as an excuse.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It started with a peaceful march of about 120 people including some sort of vicar to the police station.

It ended with a massive riot, burning, looting and violence.

I think the question to be asked is: what happened to derive the one from the other? These things don’t “just happen”. There’s reasons for them.

Any opportunistic behaviour must have joined in AFTER the initial spark to the conflict.

What that might have been I couldn’t say, sitting as I am here overlooking sleepy little Leatherhead where the most violent thing to happen in the whole year was probably someone having an argument outside Wetherspoons….

People should not rush to judgement before all the facts are in and in some notable cases, even then. They only make themselves look stupid.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Did they murder the guy without him pulling a gun – probably not. Was the guy who was killed entirely to blame and was his death the only way to end that particular incident – probably not.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle. Guy probably had a gun on him, but there was probably a copper with an itchy trigger finger involved somewhere along the line.

Could you actually fit any more conjecture into that – a few too many “probably’s” and a significant lack of evidence of any form!

Tell me, if this bloke had been from the EDL, would you be hedging your best that his shooting was “probably” oppressive and aggressive policing? I suppose you cried out that Raoul Moat’s shooting was evil police looking for a fight as well? I don’t recall seeing the Geordies in the street burning buses over that one!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

The self confessed Turkish drug dealing gang member who was assissinated as he sat in his Range Rover at the A10 traffic lights at White Hart Lane several years ago still has a roadside shrine dedicated to him on The Roundway.

So, tell me why exactly a Human Being with family and friends shouldnt have any form of memorial to them?

We put statues up of those who are complicit in Genocide. And we call them ‘heroes’.

Oxboy
    Free Member

I was just about to expolde in rage at Elfin then I realised it must be a massive troll.
    Well done good effort, you nearly had me going!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Isn’t that against the rules?

convert

grum – much better – a useful contribution.

The mile in someones shoes bit is tricky. Not one of us has sat behind the PM’s desk and read the memos and information available at the time but we all have some sort of opinion of what he should or should not be doing. Similarly very few, if any of us are true economic experts yet most have some sort of opinion about the euro/ interest rates/ economic bail outs etc. We could all put caveats on everything we write expressing our total ignorance but that would get boring to read. It’s human nature to have opinions and base them on the known facts & experiences as known to the person with the opinions. People are also allowed to have opinions you don’t agree with – win them over with a cronstructive statement (like above) rather than just deriding as “dail mail”.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Soz to disappoint, but nope, not a troll at all.

I was just about to expolde in rage

Go on, let yourself go; feel the anger coursing through your veins…

Or maybe take a step back, and think about things a bit more.

samg59
    Free Member

Was the guy who was killed entirely to blame and was his death the only way to end that particular incident – probably not.

Absolutely he was entirely to blame yes!
    We do not live in America where gun crime is almost accepted. Not every police officer here is armed, so those that are, are here to protect the public and other officers. Absolute zero tolerance to gun crime should be enforced. If anyone pulls an illegal firearm in public there is only one end state.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I imagine most of the destroying and thieving will have instigated by people from outside of the community.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

i would my self introduce a law saying any one caught with a illegal gun wil be shot with it at the side of the road. i also would have used the army last night.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Yeah but in fairness, ILMG, you’re not known for your thoughtfulness and rationality, are you? 😀

yossarian
    Free Member

I would my self introduce a law saying any one caught with a illegal gun wil be shot with it at the side of the road. i also would have used the army last night.

Yes, but that’s because you are an idiot.

donsimon
    Free Member

😆

ilovemygears
    Free Member

yossarian – Member
    I would my self introduce a law saying any one caught with a illegal gun wil be shot with it at the side of the road. i also would have used the army last night.
    Yes, but that’s because you are an idiot.

**** you!

imnotverygood

bye

ilovemygears
    Free Member

if they you did this in china they would have used a tank and many many rioters would be dead!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Now now. This might very possibly go on to be a in interesting thread, stimulating debate and discussion and stuff. And people might learn something as a result. Don’t go spoiling it with childishness now please…

donsimon
    Free Member

**** you!

Not a very nice little boy, are you?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,453 total)

The topic ‘Tottenham Riots’ is closed to new replies.