Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Topeak MTX racks – any good?
  • happysnapper
    Free Member

Hiya,

Anybody got any experience of the Topeak MTX seatpost mount racks?

I'm looking for a rack I can easily get on and off for my commute. I'm usually going to be carrying my laptop (small lightweight thing), a few papers and possibly clothes. Well under the 9kg limit for these racks.

Any comments much appreciated.

happysnapper
    Free Member

no takers? None of you use this type of rack?

parkesie
    Free Member

Im waiting for one and from what ive read they work very well with a few people complaining of rubbing a leg on the QR or if you have a smooth shiney seatpost its difficult to make them stay put. When ive got mine ill see how it performs.

nbt

I had one on the CX commuter. Minimal seatpost showing meant that it only just fit: it rubbed against my thighs and would occasionally swing to one side when riding rough terrain. Replaced it with an MTX compatible fixed rack. Bit heavier, but better as it stays put and doesn't get in the way when riding.

happysnapper
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

Tiger6791

I've got one and I like it, the new ones have a new QR doesn't move. You do need a bit of post showing though

Waderider
    Free Member

My experience is old. About 6 or seven years ago I did a week long offroad tour with a couple of mates. I had a conventional rack, that lasted the tour, the other two guys had seatpost mounted racks, one a Topeak. One rack rotated irritatingly on the seatpost whenever things got gnarly, no matter how tight it was, and the topeak snapped off at the weld.

Both racks were used as per manufacturers instructions and not overloaded – carrying a bungied on sleeping bag within an Ortlieb dry sack.

I wouldn't have one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Topeak MTX racks – any good?’ is closed to new replies.