Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Toilet Mechanics…………
  • rossi46
    Free Member

Does anyone else fix their bike on the China Chair?

Where’s the most unusual place you’ve regularly fixed your bike?

C’mon spill…..

wwaswas

gosh, it’s quite errrm, busy in there isn’t it.

For 2 years I did all bike maintenance stood outside in the yard with a car inspection lamp for illumination. I used to get bl**dy cold 🙁

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

i once accidentally melted my bath after nitromors’ing an old frame in there. my smarter better half wont let me start working on anything in used rooms anymore resulting in me getting 100% undiluted control of our relatively unused backroom. bonus! it is now an aladins cave of cool shit.

rossi46
    Free Member

gosh, it’s quite errrm, busy in there isn’t it.

Its very busy- im in a 1 bed flat with my wife and two kids. Space is limited 🙁

Thats my room 😆

Edit: I have two other bikes- one lives in the hallway (just out of shot) and the other lives in a body bike bag behind the living room sofa 😆

rossi46
    Free Member

i once accidentally melted my bath after nitromors’ing an old frame in there.

😯 Blimey! Thats extreme, how did you survive the inevitable bollocking?

thomasraelburke
    Free Member

i tried to hide it with a bath mat i dashed out and bought, didnt really work though not only was it melted but the removed orange paint had stuck to the moulded shapes now forming the base of our bath. it was pretty obvious. alas its not the worst thing ive done so she is prob just used to it.

rossi46
    Free Member

😆

D0NK

going for a pee in the middle of the night must be a nightmare – or do you just keep a jar/jug/bottle by the side of the bed?

GrahamS

im in a 1 bed flat with my wife and two kids. Space is limited

Blimmin eck!

Can I tactfully suggest less money on bikes and more money on a mortgage? 😉

rossi46
    Free Member

going for a pee in the middle of the night must be a nightmare

😆 Bikes not in the bog at night. It’s scared of the dark hence the lights 😆

Can I tactfully suggest less money on bikes and more money on a mortgage?

No mortgage for me, im in a council house (boo hiss 😆 ). Im currently on a waiting list….

Yes, i should spend less on bikes- but i love getting second hand stuff and recycling knackered old bikes 😉
    Dosent cost much really if you know where to look- and mates rates are great!

GrahamS

Im currently on a waiting list…

Two kids, missus and you in one bedroom – I hope they are giving you decent priority on the list then!

rossi46
    Free Member

I hope they are giving you decent priority on the list then!

Well………………. its been two years! I did view a 2 bed for the first time last week (first one ive been offered) so fingers crossed!!

I dont feel too bad, at least we have a roof over our heads. Its more than some people have.

rossi46
    Free Member

The Khazi by the way is pretty good as a workstation. The ol China Chair is just the right height for fettling brakes etc and if i want to get at the gears/ wheels/ tyres if i just pop the bike upside down the bike is still at correct toilet height.
    And theres a sink nearby for washing stuff. Oh and the cistern is great for putting tools on!
    To adjust gears i just hang the bike off the doorframe by its saddle.

It’s all very peaceful- just may need some air freshner from time to time 😆

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Toilet Mechanics…………’ is closed to new replies.